View Single Post
Old 23-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
spsman

Default To order from overseas online stores or local agent...penny wise-pound foolish?" haha

As requested by our bro nim75sg who say not to destroy another person's thread and another bro roidan who thought up the title.

The topic is on buy online or buy from local distributors?

These are my opinions:
I would buy local if i can get ready stock because opposing to our dear bro Roidan's example of ordering the ferari, i think that the deltec is not that expensive that the company only produce when the order comes in. I believe they have a production line that manufactures the equipments under a time line and distributes to their respective dealers network.
Online stores may or may not be third parties, it doesn't matter. The issue is credibility and whether u should part your money w the online store u order from. You can choose any online store u like.

Perhaps u dun realise it is the same for all products in all manufacturing industries.
let me explain a simplified model to elaborate:
The idea is thought up --> The r&d is done --> the product is launched --> the dealers market respond --> the manufacturing begins --> merchandising, distribution, marketing , sales, etc etc... -- > customers.

most manufacturers dun sell direct. sales is through the dealers network (or so called 3rd party).

Bro Monsterz,
a contract is binding on both parties. There is an agreement over 2 or more parties to enter into a mutual agreement in every contract. In this case, the buyer agrees to buy on a WYSIWYG (wat u see is wat u get) term and the seller agrees to a premium to sell his pdt.
A contract is binding and lawful when there is a premium being paid from the buyer and the seller's issuance of an acknowledgement, in this case, in the form of a purchase receipt. Thus, when both parties enter into a contract, they are bound by it and they have to fufill the terms therein.
If either party fails to fulfill it, they have entered a breach. A breach of contractual terms makes that party legally liable for compensation. In lawful terms, this is called 'the breach of trust".

In summary, it is perfectly alright if you decide to bring up the case against the online store. In fact, all the reefers here will be thankful if u do good riddence less anybody becomes the next victim, if any.

Bro losmandy, thank you for taking the time to post a thread from the reef central forum. It is a pity why ppl want to destroy some one's market share using such dishonorable tricks. I believe the American market is a tough nut to crack. If i am not wrong, deltec also uses ABS plastics, wonder how they crack so easily?

these are my humble opinions.cheerz