View Single Post
Old 24-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #63
Seamaster

Update for Day 33

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

From the last video, I mentioned that the frys are developing a greenish/blue shine, YES!!! it has been confirmed by today's video. Most of the frys have this nice shine on their scales. They look so beautiful. And there are more dark "freckles" growing out of the centre of these scales.

About 95% of the frys have grown a lot darker in their colour. There is one fry that is still rather "pale" in colour compared to the rest, and that is EGOR. He seems to maintain his "albino white" tone. Check him out in the video.

Colouration on the barbels have also matured with bold dark lines appearing on them. And if you look at the top portion of the eyes, you will see a dark colour membrane-like "eye lids" surrounding the circumference of the eye. Another interesting development is the appearance of 4 nostrils "cavities" just above the upper jaw. I would say at this stage, the frys are 95% formed.

The frys are learning to swim at this stage.....or should I say attempting to swim. Most of my visits to the farm, I find them lying on their sides, with odd intervals of "jump" swimming. The "elephant on ball" stage seems to have passed.

Fact
Frys that have been kept longer in the parents mouth seem to develop the ability to swim faster. This is a consistant observation I have documented after looking at different batches of frys at the farm.

Myth 1
The parent aro produces a transparent like fluid in his mouth during brooding period, that boost/increase the immunity system of the frys as it comes into contact wif the frys and thus helps the frys to develop faster compared to human-tank raised frys. Ture or False?

I hope to defunct or verify some of these myths/fact that I've been hearing. If there is anyone that can shred some light on this, it would be of a great help.

Cheers. Have a good one.