View Single Post
Old 31-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
nim75sg

There is no right or wrong answers to overskimming .. just different schools of thoughts. Irrespective we just got to be street smart and not text-book smart

Also whoever that reefer upgraded to a mini-beckett (if you're correct), I am sure any good skimmer will do the job irrespective of whether it is a aspirating needle wheel or beckett.

Sorry me not a Beckett lover ... I just know that whichever design is better than the other technology is not important as long as it is able to give good skimmate.

Because I always bear in mind that popular does not always mean effective ...

What is most important is that a better designed skimmer requires less maintenance, gives good skimmate and the bottom line at the end of the each day, each week and each month is how lmuch pollution/skimmate was removed.

It makes no or little difference to the system if it takes you daily adjustments of a skimmer or once monthly adjustments to collect the same amount of skimate .... the net benefits of nutrient export or cleanning up is the same for both methods.

Likewise, some reefers enjoy "tuning" the skimmer whereas others favor the automatic approach. So which is better?

Again, either methods give the same result and must comment that there is no "perfect" skimmer.

Time for lunch ...