View Single Post
Old 22-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #55
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyblue
Venturi works by the principle that the high velocity creates a low pressure, thus it draws is air. The higer the flow, the hiher the velocity that you are going to create. And the rate of pressure drop is propotional to the velocity. don't ask me to take out my text book as I have thrown them away :P But I agree with you that the relationship is not linear.

Bro, tell me your understanding then?
bro, u stil dun understand. it's NOT the high vel n low press tat draws the air..

after these lengthy debate, i think i understand u more. i think u like 2 understand things 2 the fullest.

like u said, u r not engineer trained. i was n i took almost 6mths 2 fully understand tis theory. on the surface, it sounds simple. but there r still many factors 2 consider.

many times during my course of training, ppl often get mix up wif weight n mass, pressure n force, torque n horsepower, speed n velocity, volume n flowrate.........

ur pt of view is right, in a lay-man term. but 2 a professional, it need more detail explanation.

tat is y i told jeff i would explain in simplicity. n it has been yrs since i touch on tis theory, n tat is y i believe i has forgotten some of the principles behind it.

think we shd stop here, we r going further n further away. we r going out of topic.

anyway, good 2 hav a debator like u ard. it's fun n ppl will learn more things.

cheers