View Single Post
Old 22-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #54
Navyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
ok i'll explain in simplicity then..
fr any weipro skimmer, the black connector which link the p/p outlet 2 the skimmer inlet wif a T-off(air tube) is called an eductor.
in tis eductor, u will c a restriction(smaller diameter, nozzle). at tis nozzle, u will c a T-off, connected 2 a air hose/tube in tis case.
wat happens is water fr the p/p will pass thru the eductor. when the water is at the nozzle(juz b 4 passing thru), it will experience high pressure but low velocity. when the water passes thru(juz after the nozzle), it will experience high velocity but low pressure. it is tis change of state will cause a vacuum at the T-off. tis vacuum will "suck" air thru the hose/tube, n will travel together wif the water.
the whole process is called the VENTURI effect.
now, at a certain nozzle diameter, there will b a max flowrate 2 it. 4 e.g., a 10mm nozzle will allow a max flowrate of 2000l/h. manufacturers will give their recommendations accordingly. so if u gonna use a 4000l/h p/p 4 the above eg, it will still draw the same amt of air. UNLESS, u change the size of the nozzle n tubing.
understand???
You are absolutelly right, The question here is how much is the max flow of that venturi. I do not ahve any info on this, try comparing the venturi of a 2011 and 2014, are they identical, although they have different reccomended flow rate. I believe the recommended flow is far from hitting the maximum limit too far.