View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #500
lenghan
Arofanatic

England should have the game wrapped up in the first 30mins after their 1-0 lead but Kane and Lingard were off the mark.
Kane was quite ineffective in this game too.
Old habits die hard....the love of passing the ball squarely and back to goalie thereafter even when they were in attacking position, very apparent with most of the English players in the BPL, they prefer to go the back passing route and then try a long range cross which more often then not falls to the Croatian lads and the attack collapse.
Not trying to be discouraging, I certainly think they should be proud to get to this phase of the tournament. But they could have achieved more.
For this semis, I think Southgate's substitutions were wrong.
For all his miscues in front of goal, Sterling certainly gave the Croatians a difficult time with his quick pace but was sub off at half time with Rashford who have not performed too well in all his other games he came in. and this game was no exception. At times, he seems disinterested to be involved and was at walking pace.
The midfield was totally dominated by Croatia which Southgate should have addressed. at least try putting Delph in (I realise England does not have much choices on the bench).
Just felt it was such a waste to have missed out for the final which England could have achieved. altho they would not stand a chance against France
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote