View Single Post
Old 24-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Why is Arofanatics Club conducting this event?

Fundamentally, we hope to spruce up the interest and rekindle the hobby that we're in love with/ or once loved or even some says poisoned with. (Maybe the poison part - its true, for which it runs in the blood), haha!

Anyway if you are an AF member, you know for yourself why you are one.
  • Do you recall the times where you duly and promptly do your water-change for your tank without fail? (Considering that you don't even do any house-work?)
  • Do you remember the days where you were overseas, but deep-down you were worried about the well-being of your fishes?
  • Do you have the same encounter as me that you toss around the bed and cant sleep so you will decide to spend some time observing your fish tank?
  • At times where you are so stressed at work, but then when you're back as home, just by looking at the fishes swimming, that small action lifted your mood?
  • Have you ever plan to install IP cameras, (not to spy what your maid is doing at home), but your fishes?
  • Do you have the always-have-to-find-fish-to-bag syndrome when you visit LFS and "backside-get-itchy" syndrome?
  • Do you run random thoughts through your mind on topics like how to continuously improve the setup / how to achieve good water?
  • Making research and considered yourself studying harder than your then GCE O' levels chemistry , to understand the water chemistry of fish keeping, terms like nitrates, nitrite etc?
  • Taking the bold step, even to extend of doing autopsy of your beloved fishes when they were fallen; to know what went wrong exactly...

The list is not exhaustive, it is just some questions that flashed across my mind when I am writing this event introduction... I am sure there are all sorts of funny questions there will pop up for you... so honestly just answer them...

Personally, I like these 2 internet acronym, GPGT and SIC. What is that? some would asked.... ; it is Got Picture Got Talk and Sharing Is Caring. In this season of sharing, it is time to "show-hand / show-case" your collection and spread some loves. (or poison). Often as said, a picture will tells a thousand words, so do whip out your camera or smart phone camera function... snap some good pictures which made an impression or at least you are impressed with , do send them in to share with us, it is a good platform to see how impressive the work can get and how creative our fellow members are!

Good Luck and explore your creativity both on your photo and caption!

Last edited by Ralliart_Ray; 24-11-2015 at 11:50 PM.