View Single Post
Old 27-10-2004, 02:11 AM   #10
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus
hi bros
decided to contribute too

4) when choosing tigers, if u ever choose tigers with funny patterns, DO ALSO REM to take note about the above guidelines too, most of the time we get carried away with sym pattern here and there, and we buy back a sickly tiger and when it dies we get very distressed. my experience with patterned tigers between 1-3" is that they die extremely easy. in fact of the 9 small tigers i'm bought, 6 of them with special pattern have died, while the traditional solid bar types are big and fat. this is porbably due to mutanted genes that cause the funny pattern, which may also signify that the tiger got some "mutated" gene. however this is just my experience, duno what others say. but another bro also confirmed that the funny patterned tigers tend to die more easily.

5) lastly, if u think u want to buy a tiger, but the tiger have some ID problems, like IT tail, ST body.... and u don;t feel comfortable with it, DON'T buy the tiger or u will regret later on.

6) tiger prices fluctuate regularly, but prices of tigers have been falling lately. so if u think u want to buy a tiger as an investment, please do not do so.
and if u ever have an unwanted tiger, please DO NOT RELEASE into the local waterways! tigers are top predators in the food chain, and not native to singapore.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY
totally agree w points 1--3 ...and 6
but for point 4... please NOTE that its not the MAJORITY of 'mutated' or 'patterned' Tigers that are susceptible to SuddenDeath Syndromes.... might just be coincidental.... because ANY kind of tiger can have 101Factors that led to such 'sudden-deaths'

as for point 5, well...from a hobbyist point of view, rather subjective. As long as you like the tiGer and have the money and willing to pay --BUY it... does not really matter what kind of tiger it might be

BroJebus, im not arguing with your statements ...just expressing a tiger-lover's n hobbyist's opinion