Thread: keeping RANCHU
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2002, 04:02 PM   #33
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by newie
I dare say i have kept 1 good jap ranchu before, better than my avatar pic.. but it die becos i was on a 2 week vacation, and the power of my flat tripped, and the green water turn "stale"..

and about my comments about importing cheap ranchus and selling at high price, that is only my opinion of the lfs in north bridge,.. anyway, if some people may have differnet opinion..

Ranchu get sick some times, just like people mah, (sometimes i lazy, do not change water for 2-3 weeks..).. anyway, gill problem are easy to spot. if your ranchu gill is closed, or open-closed very fast, or, Open very big, and ver red inside, then it is gill problem.

Just use salt treatment will solve the problem.. no need to buy medication...

i like thai ranchus that are round in body, and if view from top, their stomach seems a bit big, and thin tail bone.. tail not balance.. BUT they are cute to me on the side view

Jap ranchus are longer, and so to me not nice on the side view, but top view is great and the way they swim is nice also

the above are of course my personal opinion of ranchu, differnet people may like differnt types of ranchus...

I have seen thai ranchu with long beautiful body. Not rounded ones. some looks like Jap shape. I think mostly what you see is lion head ranchu.