Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cichlid Experiences (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Discus Pair (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441981)

dyong85 12-11-2010 11:58 PM

Discus Pair

hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks. :)

tuang 13-11-2010 01:54 PM

1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.

simplybetta 14-11-2010 09:19 AM

for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults

Audiotom 14-11-2010 01:48 PM

As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.

Bluegrassguppie 14-11-2010 03:52 PM

bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.

dyong85 14-11-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplybetta (Post 8081431)
for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuang (Post 8080742)
1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiotom (Post 8081831)
As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluegrassguppie (Post 8082055)
bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.

Thanks bros ! yea. I am waiting for them to spawn soon. well. hope it will spawn. hope and pray.

oscar77 15-11-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyong85 (Post 8079885)
hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks. :)

How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?

dyong85 15-11-2010 10:39 AM

Wow, nice theory. noted. :) I still learning along the way. do you have any tips for me?

itchy 15-11-2010 03:25 PM

Still got many like, what food to give the fried, when to give, when n how much to change water, after that Wat time good to separate the fries, etc etc.....too many questions n answer u need to know before breeding discus. Grab some discus books to know more about this beautiful fish.

itchy 15-11-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar77 (Post 8083413)
How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?

Well said, better to be fully prepared.