Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arowana Discussion (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sharing my one n only red (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533201)

shermie 12-07-2015 11:26 PM

Sharing my one n only red

Quit keeping fish for years.. over a decade actually..don't even kno what made me want to start again but I did.. recently.. so once again... I'm back heh.

No where near as crazy over fish as I once was.. n my CEO only allowed 1 tank.... so here's a vid of my 1 n only tank and red... from AK.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Flea 12-07-2015 11:34 PM

Welcome back! You do have a handsome looking red and some beautiful fishes for your comeback.

khoon 13-07-2015 12:54 AM

nice comm... oxygen level seem low as yr rays are breathing rapidily. do check out

RAW 13-07-2015 02:41 AM

Very nice red and bds!

lewis 13-07-2015 03:12 AM

Great looking red!!

shermie 13-07-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea (Post 9877921)
Welcome back! You do have a handsome looking red and some beautiful fishes for your comeback.

Welcome back to u too hehe. Ur red also super solid.. will b better than mine when it matures :)

P.s: funny thing is I wanted to use the same thread title as u but u beat me too it wahaha.

shermie 13-07-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoon (Post 9877953)
nice comm... oxygen level seem low as yr rays are breathing rapidily. do check out

Thx for ur input, much appreciated! I agree with u, not happy with their rapid breathing even though they're eating like pigs and growing too fast. Was pretty worried at first but daily checking of water parameters gave no reason at all. Only problem I had was water temp was high... went up to 32 to 33 in the afternoon... that was when I was cycling my tank before rays were added . Got rid of the glass covers... modified my ios to flow through ohf ( more gaseous exchange)... added 4 x computer fans.. got the temp to a stable 28 to 29... all was good. But after I started tanning my red with PL temp went back up to 30. That's when their breathing became more rapid. Wasn't sure if it was stress from the strong lights or increase in temp but everything else was fine except the breathing so I added one more huge airstone but it didn't help.

Question.. how did u know the rapid breathing was due to oxygen level and not bad water parameters? I did vigorous testing before giving up and concluded it was due to the 1-2 degrees temp rise which resulted in lower DO. So what made u conclude instantly it's a DO issue? Did I miss out anything? I know 30 degrees is a tad high but I think it's pretty common nowadays considering the crazy temp we're getting.

What else can I do.. short of getting a chiller? My water loss is already pretty crazy due to evaporation from my 4 x fans.

Thx for any suggestions :)

shermie 13-07-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAW (Post 9877967)
Very nice red and bds!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis (Post 9877971)
Great looking red!!

Thank you :o

Homester 13-07-2015 10:22 AM

Bro,

Under ur grooming how can the fish not be ang Ang and bui bui. Lol.

Looking forward to more updates.

shermie 13-07-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homester (Post 9878027)
Bro,

Under ur grooming how can the fish not be ang Ang and bui bui. Lol.

Looking forward to more updates.

No la not I groom one. Is the bosses at AK groom.. I'm just continuing it n hope it doesn't deprove under my care hehe