Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Freshwater Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Where are all the hobbist? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534829)

bian27 11-11-2015 05:20 PM

Where are all the hobbist?

Recently i realised that there are lesser hobbyists coming here to update their fish, tank etc or dicussion.... Last time there use to have few new posting everyday but now seems like about 3 day then 1 new posting.. Is it because less people keeping fish as hobby or because the market is bad? :(

CBTG 11-11-2015 06:11 PM

All switch to play hp game lor. Everybody walk also use hp,very busy. Haha....

TuNA 11-11-2015 07:08 PM

You can start by sharing your updates first. :)

onlyyouknow 11-11-2015 10:45 PM

I think on the whole the fish industry is on the decline. Probably less excitement compared to last time.

EamesAro 11-11-2015 11:17 PM

So less demand cheaper pricing to equipments and fish? Or the other way round?

onlyyouknow 11-11-2015 11:33 PM

I think prices have been depressed and for livestock seemed to have decreased overall. Probably due to large supply and low demand.

shermie 11-11-2015 11:34 PM

it's true a lot less ppl are into fish keeping these days, plus a large number of those who do, spend more time on facebook groups i guess? i spend a lot more time on fb groups now than forums because 1.) there's tens, hundreds of groups u can be in and follow easily 2.) very easy to share pics/vids, buy sell or chat because there's so many active ppl.

downside is there's hardly anyone moderating such groups so discussion aint as good, most of the time u have to sift through a lot of meaningless ones to find a good thread worth participating in, and buy/sell u meet a lot of fake bidders and aeroplanes.

shermie 11-11-2015 11:37 PM

as for pricing it's as always... supply n demand. plus the overall economy state. over the last few decades there's always a certain fish which is the hot flavor and prices n demand soar.. then it cools down and quietens till the next trend setter emerges... to list a few.. discus.. flowerhorns.. aros.. stingrays... to a smaller extent channas and pbs etc.

just wondering what the next "in" fish will be lol

Dave57 12-11-2015 11:17 AM

prices are much lower now.
good chance to buy what you like to keep.
dont bother about how others judge your fish..

shermie 12-11-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave57 (Post 9916505)
prices are much lower now.
good chance to buy what you like to keep.
dont bother about how others judge your fish..

i think the question for ppl who hesitate to buy now, is.. prices have dropped so much, will they drop further?

human nature.. if we think there's the potential for a better bargain... we'll wait, not because we bother about how ppl judge our fish, but simply because we want more value for money :cool: