Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 25-02-2022 01:05 AM

It is now becoming such a strain to watch the team play.
Absolutely no consistency. It had been so frequent that the team only plays "proper" football for no more then 45mins or worst not at all.
Win one game and the social medias start to spin all is well and we found a new "striker" etc etc. Full of BS!!!
And the next game, we'll play like shit.
Just look at Pogba. He looked and played good for the last few games but last night was woeful. This is what I am referring to, Our players lack focus and consistency. Or Fred. The media hyped him up after his performance against Leeds, but look at him last night, absolutely abysmal.
The only "consistent" player is Harry Mcguire. He consistently never fails to surprise us with his poor positioning, slow reaction, and keeping proper social distancing from his opponents.
In my opinion I think Rashford's focus is totally off. He had been poor for so many games already. He is too selfish and always wanting to take shots. In fact how often do we see him passing the ball to CR7.
Probably the one player that had improved is Sancho who is showing better form for the last few games. Now it is consistency we want from him henceforth.
Bruno is far too petulant and tends to get booked for his behavior. Yes he is a winner, always wanting to push himself more but he must learn to control his temper
Cavani is now our MC king, over taking Phil Jones haha,
DDG is so far our best player this season

lenghan 26-02-2022 11:19 PM

First time the starting XI only ONE English player
DDG, Telles. Varane, Lindelof, W.S Matic, Fred, Pogba, BF, Elanga and CR7

Subs: Mcguire, Shaw, Jones, Rashford, Lingard, Sancho, Mata. Henderson and Dalot

Liang_Zai 27-02-2022 01:52 AM

Plain rubbish, Ronaldo rashford pogba attitude is dame poor. Especially pogba keep show boating trying to hold off players and dont defend too.

lenghan 27-02-2022 01:55 AM

Looks like we can forget about finishing top 4.
Altho we did not lose, but a draw is a bad result when we had most of the possession and attempts on goal/
Out of a total of 22 shots, ONLY 3 were on target. Biggest culprit was BF and CR7 who should have won us the game in the first half.
Our forwards all lost their shooting boots today
Only positive is that the team never stopped trying

KeeHuat 27-02-2022 02:07 AM

This time so many chances created again and could not even score a goal.

Big culprits, Ronaldo and Bruno. Ronaldo needs to publicly apologise for his poor performance in not scoring with so many chances since he has set a high standard for himself.

lenghan 28-02-2022 12:55 PM

Epic football at its best last night between Liverpool and Chelsea
Wondered when can we play like either one of the teams??

KeeHuat 28-02-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10028385)
First time the starting XI only ONE English player
DDG, Telles. Varane, Lindelof, W.S Matic, Fred, Pogba, BF, Elanga and CR7

Subs: Mcguire, Shaw, Jones, Rashford, Lingard, Sancho, Mata. Henderson and Dalot

Rangnick did the right thing, drop Maguire who is off form. Ole played him all the time even when Maguire was performing badly.

Rangnick is not afraid to drop the stars when they don't perform based on his opinion.

KeeHuat 28-02-2022 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=lenghan;10028390]Epic football at its best last night between Liverpool and Chelsea

Mount's shooting in the final was similar to Ronaldo and Bruno against Watford. Chelsea would have won if Mount could just score from his many chances.

lenghan 07-03-2022 01:37 AM

No Cavani, CR7 (injured) Varane and Shaw both down with COVID
4th min and 1 goal down. Poor defending

lenghan 07-03-2022 01:57 AM

Nice equaliser by Sancho from great assist by Pogba
1-1
KDB scored his 2nd goal and yet again poor defending
2-1 City leads

lenghan 07-03-2022 03:02 AM

Absolute rubbish again. 3-1 down now
Cannot even defend a simple corner kick. Instead of sticking his foot or body, Mcguire literally turned his body away to avoid being hit by the ball.
Just like the 2nd goal he should have kicked the ball out but instead passed it forward in the penalty box
The City goalie did not even need to make a single save the whole 2nd half
Should have taken off SM who is having one of his worst game instead of Pogba
Telles and Wan Bisaka rubbish play tonight.
Without DDG we should be 5 goals down by now

lenghan 07-03-2022 03:21 AM

2nd half performance is like men vs school boys
Final score 4-1 to City.
Bye bye Champions League next season since Arsenal still has 3 games in hand and leads us by ONE point
Even Spurs could overtake us as they too has 3 games in hand

KeeHuat 09-03-2022 10:14 AM

Spurs trashed Everton 5-0. I did not watch the match but read the various reports.

Everton's midfielders including van de Beek were criticised for being weak, lack of physicality and cannot run. This point was mentioned previously for van de Beek not starting often for United. Guess there is some truth to this.

The EPL is different from the leagues in Europe. There have been plenty of players who were outstanding in European leagues but struggled in the EPL.

KeeHuat 09-03-2022 10:20 AM

Since SAF left, though I don't know what is actually going on with regard to recruitment of players and the decisions taken by each manager and the top management, Woody is responsible for the mess.

It appears Woody was going for stars that do not fit into the team looking with hindsight at those that failed to adapt and left shortly after signing.

moscowblue 12-03-2022 10:43 AM

This club is really in a mess now.

Next season, Ronaldo, Pogba, VDB, Cavani, Lingard all should be gone.
Where to find $ to replace these positions?

Heard Fred going to be given new contract.
Dun understand how he deserved the new contract.

We need a revolutionary manager coming in.
if it is up to me, I going to give Rangnick another year to do it, get rid of Fletcher, Macguire, Telles, Fred, Mactominay, AWB

What do you all think?

KeeHuat 13-03-2022 01:49 AM

United: De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Maguire (c), Telles; Matic, Fred, Pogba; Rashford, Ronaldo, Sancho.

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Lingard, Mata, Cavani, Elanga.

lenghan 13-03-2022 03:14 AM

Great to see CR7 scoring two goals
We lead 2-1

lenghan 13-03-2022 04:01 AM

Bloody Mcguire scored own goal. Bloody SHIT
2-2 now.
In fact 2nd half we had not any shot or attempts on goal
Freaking HM a liability for the team

lenghan 13-03-2022 04:20 AM

CR7 hattrick.
He is now officially the greatest goal scorers of all time
GOAT!!!!

KeeHuat 13-03-2022 06:00 AM

Ronaldo got the 3 points for United.

The team was not stopping the Spurs players from hitting the cross field ball. The play wasn't good against Spurs.

KeeHuat 16-03-2022 07:01 AM

That's it, out of the Champions League. Elanga should have scored right at the start.

lenghan 16-03-2022 07:01 AM

Knocked out of all competition losing 0-1 to A.Madrid
For all the possession and attempts we were simply not good enough to even score a goal at home and rightly booed off the pitch at end of game

lenghan 16-03-2022 07:05 AM

Haha the 2 coaches we were linked to also got knocked out of the competition, Ajax and PSG

lenghan 16-03-2022 07:46 AM

Simply lacked the intensity and mentality for a team to progress further.
I honestly do not understand why Rangnick is still picking Mcguire or is he "forced" by the Board. And what is Darren Fletcher doing, sitting beside Rangnick. He is the technical advisor and has not place on the bench. I guess it is the Board's desire and this totally undermine Rangnick's authorities.
For fxxx sake, I wish Bruno stop his whining and showing signs of petulance every time he gets tackled or losses the ball
Rashford is certainly a lad with total lack of confidence
Tonight, Sancho had one of his off days when he bloody well know he had to "up" his game
Very disappointed that we are in this dire state currently. The sooner we settle with a permanent coach, the better for the team

KeeHuat 03-04-2022 10:24 PM

It was obvious against Leicester that a centre forward was badly needed. The false no. 9 did not work. Sancho was poor and should have been substituted.

KeeHuat 09-04-2022 07:39 PM

First XI | De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Telles, Matic, Fernandes, Fred, Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo.

SUBS | Heaton, Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Hannibal, Lingard, Mata, Pogba, Elanga.

lenghan 09-04-2022 09:03 PM

What a stupid goal to concede!!!

After conceding the goal we are playing rubbish football as if none of them cared to play

lenghan 09-04-2022 10:15 PM

Almost 70% possession but after conceding the goal only managed ONE shot on target. Absolutely clueless in attack

lenghan 09-04-2022 10:27 PM

Certainly do not deserve any point for the way we played. Only the first 12th mins did we watch the team played but thereafter abysmal where none of the players seems to be playing for their badge.
Might as well put our academy players since most of the senior players do not seems interested to play for Rangnick

KeeHuat 09-04-2022 11:42 PM

Apart from the opening when Rashford had shots on goal, I could not see United scoring. Plenty of possession but no penetration and goals.

KeeHuat 16-04-2022 10:32 PM

United: De Gea; Diogo Dalot, Maguire (c), Lindelof, Telles; Pogba, Lingard, Fernandes; Elanga, Ronaldo, Sancho.

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Wan-Bissaka, Matic, Mata, Hannibal, Rashford, Garnacho.

lenghan 17-04-2022 02:14 AM

It should be CR7 3 Norwich 2.
Together with DDG both of them won the 3 points for us.
Rangnick is running out of ideas with the players he is having.
I believe he still is hopeful to clinch the 4th position that is why he refused to allow the 2 academy players any playing time.
BF should have been taken off as he was a total shit player yet he remained for the full game. HM too was abysmal and we have EB warming the bench.
Pogba is never a CDM yet Rangnick put him in this position and his display showed.
Rashford is a total washout. Hardly able to get pass any defenders or put in a good pass.
ETH the incoming manager will have a massive overhaul to contend with as almost the entire team with the exception of CR7. DDG, plus Matic n Mata were simply making up the numbers to get a team.
Unless ETH has the full backing of the Board, we will see a repeat of players' power over their manager/

KeeHuat 17-04-2022 11:05 AM

Rangnick made a mistake with his first eleven by fielding an attacking midfield. There was no defensive midfielder and this contributed to the 2 goals that Norwich scored. He realised this and brought on Matic.

Ronaldo brought home the 3 points though the 1st was given to him by Elanga.

lenghan 20-04-2022 05:58 AM

Liverpool 4 Manchester United ZERO
Embarrassing display and it was boys vs men
None of the players seems interested to play for Rangnick nor the badge they are wearing and honestly Erik Ten Hag should have a massive clearout

KeeHuat 20-04-2022 10:40 PM

This season is a mess. We should go back to the lockdown without fans and maybe we will do better.

jungle 21-04-2022 01:11 PM

haha, U9ted !!!

KeeHuat 21-04-2022 08:36 PM

MANCHESTER UNITED APPOINTS ERIK TEN HAG AS MANAGER

Manchester United is delighted to announce the appointment of Erik ten Hag as Men’s First Team Manager, subject to work visa requirements, from the end of this season until June 2025, with the option to extend for a further year.

John Murtough, Football Director, said: “During the past four years at Ajax, Erik has proved himself to be one of the most exciting and successful coaches in Europe, renowned for his team’s attractive, attacking football and commitment to youth.

“In our conversations with Erik leading up to this appointment, we were deeply impressed with his long-term vision for returning Manchester United to the level we want to be competing at, and his drive and determination to achieve that.

“We wish Erik the best of luck as he focuses on achieving a successful end to the season at Ajax and look forward to welcoming him to Manchester United this summer.”

Erik ten Hag said: “It is a great honour to be appointed manager of Manchester United and I am hugely excited by the challenge ahead. I know the history of this great club and the passion of the fans, and I am absolutely determined to develop a team capable of delivering the success they deserve.

“It will be difficult to leave Ajax after these incredible years, and I can assure our fans of my complete commitment and focus on bringing this season to a successful conclusion before I move to Manchester United.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...ODvgjuEpDrwNIg

KeeHuat 23-04-2022 07:42 PM

United: De Gea; Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Telles; McTominay, Matic; Elanga, Fernandes (c), Sancho; Ronaldo.

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lingard, Mata, Garnacho, Rashford.

jwhtan 23-04-2022 10:21 PM

we're just damn bloody piss poor ..... simply shite .....
severe lack of confidence ....

i hope we go without europe next year ..
let Ten Hag have a fresh start

yifen 23-04-2022 10:42 PM

Don't understand week in week out play the same players ie. Lingaard, Mata, Matic, Pogba etc who are not going be around next season. Why not give youngsters a chance to gain experience and same time speed up the game.