Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

KeeHuat 12-01-2021 04:19 AM

FA Cup 4th Round

Manchester United v Liverpool

KeeHuat 12-01-2021 04:27 AM

FA Cup 5th Round

Man Utd/Liverpool v Stockport/West Ham or Doncaster

moscowblue 12-01-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027371)
In his latest press conference, Ole indirectly confirms his choice of HM and VL when he said PP and EB could not complete the whole training session whereas LS and VL did.
And it also looks very bleak for us to get any CB this Jan.

Fosu Mensah is set to sold to Bayer Leverkusen for a mere 1.5million
Sad to see him go cos it would certainly sound sweeter if the player to go is Jones or Rojo

Again we selling so cheap, as guess what when they go there and performed, we will regret again:o

loveikan 12-01-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027374)
Again we selling so cheap, as guess what when they go there and performed, we will regret again:o

Bobian...hardly play and contract expires this summer.
No fish prawn also good

KeeHuat 13-01-2021 04:23 AM

United line-up: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Pogba, Fernandes; Rashford, Cavani, Martial

United subs: Henderson, Telles, Tuanzebe, Fred, James, Mata, McTominay, Van de Beek, Greenwood

lenghan 13-01-2021 06:10 AM

Kevin Friend seems to be pro Burnley giving them soft free kicks whereas we know Burnley is a hard tackling team

lenghan 13-01-2021 07:21 AM

Hard fought victory and we are top of the table, post Xmas thanks to PP's goal
With EB along his side, must say the HM played well tonight.
But our front three were abit disappointing. Matic though slow played well and actually calmed down the game.

loveikan 13-01-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027378)
Hard fought victory and we are top of the table, post Xmas thanks to PP's goal
With EB along his side, must say the HM played well tonight.
But our front three were abit disappointing. Matic though slow played well and actually calmed down the game.

Yes. A hard fought win.
Back to top for the 1st time after so many years.
Now need to maintain our consistency.

MR, BR and Cavani were off colour today esp MR..Not sure is it tiredness affecting the 1st 2 players
Also felt too many walkers and none running into position or cgasing after lost balls or harrassing the opposing players

KeeHuat 13-01-2021 07:47 AM

Good fighting performance by the team against a tough Burnley side.

The referee was poor with his decisions and Maguire's goal should have stood.

Rashford didn't play well and Martial's shooting was poor with the chances he had.

BBP604 13-01-2021 06:27 PM

Its a precious 3pts for us.
The coming matches will be critical for us.
Hope we can have enough rest before we play next game.
GGMU

moscowblue 14-01-2021 08:39 AM

A good time to bring on Liverpool.

lenghan 14-01-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027382)
A good time to bring on Liverpool.

Ole would probably bring on the McFred combination to help out the defenders and use Rashford, Martial and Greenwood's speed for counter-attacks.
Lots at stake, not merely to maintain the lead, but a bold statement that we are in contention for the title!!!!!
With EB alongside HM, they should be able to help out with the lethal crossings of TAA and AR

moscowblue 15-01-2021 10:07 AM

Whichever formation, I think it is a good time to take on Liverpool as they are susceptible to letting in goals and also their defences is not like what they used to be from their title winning season.

Salah is looking glum at the moment, Famino is not scoring, I think only Mane is the real threat at this point. So Wan Bissaka should pick up his game as he is not really playing well at the moment.

I hope Cavani can damage them as he looks the most sharpest amongst all our strikers. AM is missing chances which is unlike him. Rashford still not as good and slowing the game now from what I saw in his last game.

jwhtan 17-01-2021 09:55 PM

Please dun be complacent and dun be too full of ourselves.
This season, so many teams hv reach the top, only to drop to fifth within 2 games.
Aston Villa, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool hv all been top and drop back.
I absolutely expect more changes to the top position along the way.

Every game against Liverpool is a tough game.
There has never been a good time to play them.

Be humble and dun jinx ourselves.

Btw talking about penalties .....
anyone remembers the Moyes season where we lost 0-3 to Liverpool at Old Trafford ?
They were awarded 3 penalties in the match .......

KeeHuat 18-01-2021 12:50 AM

United XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

Subs: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek, Mata, Greenwood, Cavani.

KeeHuat 18-01-2021 12:54 AM

In the EPL, there is never a good time to take on any team whether they are at the top or struggling. Don't read the hype from the tabloids. We have to respect each team and play all out for each match.

Liang_Zai 18-01-2021 01:08 AM

I thought bailly would start instead of VL .

lenghan 18-01-2021 01:53 AM

We are losing lots of second ball. Our passing not good at the moment too for the first 20mins. Our midfield is almost non existent

Liang_Zai 18-01-2021 01:56 AM

A very 1 sided affair so far with Liverpool dominating. Come on guys

lenghan 18-01-2021 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10027390)
A very 1 sided affair so far with Liverpool dominating. Come on guys

Ya pretty one sided game and not as thrilling as anticipated cos Liverpool too are poor in their finishing.
Rashford getting caught offside far too many times.
Other then the free kick by BF, we had zero attempt on goal for the entire first half.
So far Shaw is my man of this first half but I feel Pogba is playing in the wrong position though he performed ok so far

loveikan 18-01-2021 02:24 AM

Wr have too many offsides in the 1st half and Shaw was good
If we can get the final ball right, we might have a chance to score
AM was quite quiet apart from that amazing dribble.

lenghan 18-01-2021 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10027392)
Wr have too many offsides in the 1st half and Shaw was good
If we can get the final ball right, we might have a chance to score
AM was quite quiet apart from that amazing dribble.

That is the problem with AM. He is very inconsistent. When he is good. he is unstoppable but unfortunately that is asking too much from him.
Still feel Ole's strategy of playing PP on the right wing is wrong. Should be in the position where SM is

lenghan 18-01-2021 03:24 AM

We played much better in the 2nd half and had the better chance to score but a draw is probably a fair result which suits us
The result probably puts Man City in a more favourable position as they have 2 games in hand
My MOTM is Luke Shaw

KeeHuat 18-01-2021 04:10 AM

Defending by the team was good to stop Liverpool's 3 strikers. First half's passing was sloppy.

Rashford needs to stay onside, he is getting offside too often. His control and decision making wasn't good today. He should have let in Cavani instead of running on with the ball.

Should have taken all 3 points with the chances.

moscowblue 18-01-2021 11:31 AM

we had the better chances, but for Alisson's saves.

Overall, we are defending very well, but we are really sloppy with the passing when we won the ball back.

Maguire still looks very very slow and we thought we would be murdered by Liverpool, but then Shaw was outstanding so is Pogba.

lenghan 20-01-2021 01:56 PM

Leicester is now in top position after defeating Chelsea but have played one more extra game. We win tonite we overtake them again.
But the favourite must be Man City now with 2 games on hand over us, and with their current reviving form looked the team to beat.

moscowblue 20-01-2021 10:26 PM

Can't wait for tonight's game. Let's get back to the summit by 6am tomorrow!

lenghan 21-01-2021 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027398)
Can't wait for tonight's game. Let's get back to the summit by 6am tomorrow!

Man City will occupy the space for couple of hours if they win against Villa. Then it is us next to take over the spot again!!!!

KeeHuat 21-01-2021 04:21 AM

United XI: De Gea; Wan Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, Pogba, Fernandes; Martial, Cavani, Greenwood

Subs: Van De Beek, James, McTominay, Rashford, Tuanzebe, Matic, Alex Telles, Mata, Dean Henderson

lenghan 21-01-2021 04:57 AM

City were relentless in attack, Villa was solid in defense but gave away a controversial goal and then a penalty. So City is going top for now but we will take that away very soon.

lenghan 21-01-2021 05:33 AM

What a poor goal to concede. AWB was keeping them on side.
But then Fulham is playing better then us so far

lenghan 21-01-2021 06:06 AM

Altho 1-1 I feel we are far from playing fluid football
Greenwood and WB on the same side just don't work. Ole should get Greenwood off as he is very ineffective throughout the first half.

lenghan 21-01-2021 07:36 AM

Not a vintage performance though we managed to win 2-1
Back to the top of the table again

KeeHuat 21-01-2021 08:00 AM

Tough match against Fulham. Bad goal to give away. 3 points gained.

moscowblue 21-01-2021 10:58 AM

Play badly and still win. That is good. The team now knows how to grind out results. Again cavani was superb. His work rate is very solid for a 33 yo

moscowblue 21-01-2021 11:00 AM

Pogba giving all to this squad before his transfer. This shows that he can play very well if he really wants to. Now he dun give the ball away very much like last time. Still dunno why DVDB not getting any minutes in this team.

loveikan 21-01-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027406)
Play badly and still win. That is good. The team now knows how to grind out results. Again cavani was superb. His work rate is very solid for a 33 yo

Yes bro. His work rate is impressive since day one.
Pressuring the defenders and gk from the front whenever they got thr ball

If only AM is as hardworking as him

lenghan 21-01-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027407)
Still dunno why DVDB not getting any minutes in this team.

I believe DVDB was never his choice during the transfer market.
Ole kept saying Donny will have his chance but have yet to keep his word. Yet Ole is still using his usual "preferred" choice almost all the time. To me the most disrespectful was giving him less then 5 mins as sub when we are losing to Spurs.
For me, most disappointing player was Greenwood. I understand his lost in form is after one of his close friend committed suicide and this impacted him alot.
So when a player is not in correct frame of mind, Ole should not give MG more rest time.
As for AM, we could see that whenever he gets the ball, at least 3 Fulham players were on him unlike MG who was given lots of space to roam

loveikan 21-01-2021 10:25 PM

We know what Bissaka can do defensively.
Now he crossed the ball more and better than last time. It can only be good to the team of he continue with his foray on the right wing.

moscowblue 22-01-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027409)
I believe DVDB was never his choice during the transfer market.
Ole kept saying Donny will have his chance but have yet to keep his word. Yet Ole is still using his usual "preferred" choice almost all the time. To me the most disrespectful was giving him less then 5 mins as sub when we are losing to Spurs.
For me, most disappointing player was Greenwood. I understand his lost in form is after one of his close friend committed suicide and this impacted him alot.
So when a player is not in correct frame of mind, Ole should not give MG more rest time.
As for AM, we could see that whenever he gets the ball, at least 3 Fulham players were on him unlike MG who was given lots of space to roam

In terms of protecting the ball and passing to a team mater, I rate DVDB and AM as one of the best in the team, together with Mata, and Cavani.

As for MG, he should be treated like Linngard and left on the bench for recovery on his mental self.

Yesterday, Burnley showed that Anfield is not unbreakable.