Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 29-12-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10025499)
The best part ia the manager dont think so.finally we kept pur clean shert

Haha...wait till he scores and OGS will say this bloke is special.
All along, I have maintained JL is a footballer whose only positive is his relenteless running about...but...with no purpose

Anyway good to see that at last we have a clean sheet to our name

KeeHuat 29-12-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10025496)
Lingard is contributing next to nothing :mad:

Lingard is already 27 years old and this is the peak age for a player but......

KeeHuat 29-12-2019 06:57 AM

Lingard clocked the fastest speed against City with 34.43 km/hr

Jesse Lingard has entered the race to become Manchester United’s fastest player this season, after clocking the quickest pace during Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Manchester City in the derby.

Daniel James and Marcus Rashford have dominated the chart so far this campaign, by registering the quickest speeds in the first 15 Premier League matches of 2019/20.

But their dominance was ended at the weekend when local lad Lingard came out on top, clocking a top pace of 34.43 kilometres per hour, according to data recorded by Opta.

Academy graduate Rashford has tallied the quickest speed of any Red this term, after hitting 36.32 km/h against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford in August.

James currently boasts 35.70 km/h as his greatest pace from a Premier League match so far this season, in the draw with Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

jwhtan 29-12-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10025493)
Young look very vulnerable om the ball. We need more creativity though and Pereira ia brazilian??no attacking sense 1ball rashford bring the ball forward yet Pereira was like strolling beside him if not could have create a open chance with a through pass


maybe i watching different game but i thought Andreas Pereirra was one of our most improved players .....
other than that perfect cross he delivered for Martial's goal, he also created at least two other chances which Martial did not capitalise on ....

i thought he was the creative spark that we've been so sorely missing against low block teams ....

loveikan 29-12-2019 07:59 PM

B.William is one of the best players unearths this season

lenghan 29-12-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10025506)
B.William is one of the best players unearths this season

William is indeed a great upcoming youngster. He is young and robust but we must be careful not to over-use him so early in his development, otherwise burnt-out would be the result and it will be a pity.
Likewise for Greenwood too.
Both these youngsters had seized on the opportunities given by OGS.
However for Chong and Gomez, they had been given numerous occasions to play but did not excel and becomes impatient, thus seeking greener pastures elsewhere.

loveikan 29-12-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10025507)
William is indeed a great upcoming youngster. He is young and robust but we must be careful not to over-use him so early in his development, otherwise burnt-out would be the result and it will be a pity.
Likewise for Greenwood too.
Both these youngsters had seized on the opportunities given by OGS.
However for Chong and Gomez, they had been given numerous occasions to play but did not excel and becomes impatient, thus seeking greener pastures elsewhere.

yeah. i read Chong and Gomez are looking for a new contract elsewhere.

KeeHuat 30-12-2019 12:12 AM

Borussia Dortmund CONFIRM signing of Erling Braut Haaland

lenghan 30-12-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10025509)
Borussia Dortmund CONFIRM signing of Erling Braut Haaland

Not at all surprised we failed and of course the Board will come up with 101 excuses. If we have the extra cash why not get him instead of allowing other teams to be strengthened.
Right from the start, never felt we would or could have signed him

lenghan 30-12-2019 02:36 AM

Liverpool goal should be chalked off. During the build up, VVD hand ball first before he chipped the long past to Lallana. Lallana controlled with his shoulder and Mane scored. Slow motion proved this to be the case and Wolves certainly have a right to protest

loveikan 30-12-2019 09:55 AM

one and a half days to end of 2019.

end Jan 2020, which player will join our clubt to help pushes it into top 4 in the epl or will more players from the academy be promoted into the 1st team?

jwhtan 31-12-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10025511)
Not at all surprised we failed and of course the Board will come up with 101 excuses. If we have the extra cash why not get him instead of allowing other teams to be strengthened.
Right from the start, never felt we would or could have signed him


I dun think is about us not wanting to sign him.
Apparently OGS flew over to Austria to speak with him but he has decided, with his father and Raiola to go to Dortmund.

We probably could have sign him if we agree to their terms of having
1. Agent Comm
2. A cut of future sales
3. A buy-out clause


His family and manager is looking at transfers.
Everytime he is transferred to another club, they want a cut and agent comm
Is all about money

Of course, as a club, we are not the selling kind.
And obviously, at Man Utd, if he doesn't come in and start performing straightaway, our fans will not tolerate it.
He will be under immediate scrutiny and criticised for every pass that doesn't find its intended recipient, every shot that does not result in goal.

Dortmund is different. He will have another stage of development.
He will make mistakes and they will give him room
And if he does develop as his potential suggest, they will be willing to sell him on.

Makes sense for his family and agent to squeeze as much as they can from his transfers and give him room to develop. After all, he is 19 years old and if he fail, can start again

lenghan 31-12-2019 02:17 PM

The worsening relationship between Mino Raiola and our club could block several potential signings:

1. Marco Verratti the PSG midfielder whom Woodward would loved to sign
2. Lorenzo Insigne the Napoli winger whom the club are looking to off load
3. Blaise Matuidi, Juventus defensive midfielder whose contract expires at end of the season
4. Alessio Romagnoli the AC Milan centre back whom we wanted to sign before we got Macguire.

KeeHuat 31-12-2019 02:22 PM

Mino Raiola is probably the worst agent in football and tries to make as much money for himself.

loveikan 31-12-2019 05:39 PM

Agreed with Woodward to walk away.
Cannot statisfy the agent's greed and now plus the father.

maybe we should sign from the EPL but I think so club will sell their current crop of players this Jan.

but must continue to promote player from.the Academy.

lenghan 31-12-2019 06:01 PM

Manchester United are considering moving for Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes, who is reportedly available for a cut-price fee after falling out of favour at the Portuguese club.
Fernandes is believed to have fallen out of favour with head coach Bruno Lage and has not featured at all in any of Benfica’s last seven matches. Although Benfica inserted a £102million release clause into his contract, he would cost just a third of that price should he leave Portugal in January.

loveikan 01-01-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10025536)
Manchester United are considering moving for Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes, who is reportedly available for a cut-price fee after falling out of favour at the Portuguese club.
Fernandes is believed to have fallen out of favour with head coach Bruno Lage and has not featured at all in any of Benfica’s last seven matches. Although Benfica inserted a £102million release clause into his contract, he would cost just a third of that price should he leave Portugal in January.

Benfica agreed deal to sign Wiegl from B.Dortmund so where will Fernades go

lenghan 01-01-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10025540)
Benfica agreed deal to sign Wiegl from B.Dortmund so where will Fernades go

Actually when I watch clips of this guy playing, not too impressed leh. Probably fall under the category of good, but nothing really special

loveikan 01-01-2020 09:33 PM

still hope Eriksen can join us

loveikan 02-01-2020 01:06 AM

confirmed Mctominay will be out for 8 weeks and latest was P.Pogba will be be playing against Gunners

lenghan 02-01-2020 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10025544)
confirmed Mctominay will be out for 8 weeks and latest was P.Pogba will be be playing against Gunners

As long as Ole does not starts Lingard.
But I thought Pogba did not travel with the team?

KeeHuat 02-01-2020 04:27 AM

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Matic, James, Lingard, Rashford, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, Williams, Young, Andreas, Mata, Greenwood

lenghan 02-01-2020 05:12 AM

Damn poor defending and we are 1-0 behind.
AM seems to be playing with some fear from the hard tackling Arsenal defenders. In fact we can see that Arsenal players are playing with lots of tenacity and going hard on all tackles

lenghan 02-01-2020 05:40 AM

First 30 mins we are chasing shadows. And when we get possession, the old habit of passing left to right and back seems to automatically set in.
We thought we could rely on break-aways, but Arsenal players are also fast and most of the time, our attack comes to nothing.
Lingard and Martial are mere passengers at the moment.
Not surprised we are 2-0 down now

lenghan 02-01-2020 06:01 AM

2 goals both down to poor defending. First was VL totally caught off and second, although DDG made a brillant save, he parried onto VL back and dropped to Sokrastis who made no mistake.
Ole must now be brave to take off Lingard who does not have any idea how to play, and Martial who looks so timid when he faced David Luiz, and who does not bothered to help defend when we are so run-over by the opposition.
But knowing his lack of "Plan B" doubt he'll do it till 60th min
For the first half we only had 1 shot in the opening minute and 1 header at the end of the half

lenghan 02-01-2020 06:26 AM

Ironically our best player so far has been Matic
Fred is also trying his best.

At least in the 2nd half we have improved but still lack the finishing

lenghan 02-01-2020 06:56 AM

Replacing the best player when he is not even injured simply shows how tactically poor Ole has been.
Arsenal deserved their victory because of their desire and intensity in the first half, whereas we were abysmal.

KeeHuat 02-01-2020 06:59 AM

No team wants the 4th place. Mistakes for both goals. The midfield is really thin when we still need to use Matic, Lingard, Mata, Pereira.

Pogba who has gone missing should just leave United and United not deal with his agent Mino again

lenghan 02-01-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10025552)
No team wants the 4th place. Mistakes for both goals. The midfield is really thin when we still need to use Matic, Lingard, Mata, Pereira.

Pogba who has gone missing should just leave United and United not deal with his agent Mino again

But the problem is Ole still think these guys can contribute to the team.
Honestly the first player on my list to leave is Lingard. After so many years, he still has no football brain except run and run. Tonight's performance I would give him 0/10.
But at least for tonight, Matic was brillant.

Now Ole said Pogba is out for "few weeks" as his foot injury flared up!!! This bloke is truly holding Ole by the balls

KeeHuat 02-01-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10025553)
But the problem is Ole still think these guys can contribute to the team.
Honestly the first player on my list to leave is Lingard. After so many years, he still has no football brain except run and run. Tonight's performance I would give him 0/10.
But at least for tonight, Matic was brillant.

Now Ole said Pogba is out for "few weeks" as his foot injury flared up!!! This bloke is truly holding Ole by the balls

What a manager says in public is probably different from what is said in the dressing room and when they are together training. All managers probably, except Jose when he was at United picking on individuals, will say their players are training well and should be ready to play to the press. They don't really put their players down in public even though they feel so, even those sent out on loan, e.g. Smalling

loveikan 02-01-2020 01:46 PM

awful game. all shots either went to the side netting or balloon.

Pogba might be a goner after the agent declared that he will not be sending any of his player to OT.

canopy 02-01-2020 02:48 PM

Pogba is out with foot injury and will go for operation soon. source from soccernet. The agent meant not Pogba but others.

lenghan 02-01-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10025555)
awful game. all shots either went to the side netting or balloon.

Pogba might be a goner after the agent declared that he will not be sending any of his player to OT.

Now it seems Juventus wants him back. Talented he might be, but all these antics he had displayed (attends brother's wedding, then reported back injured, then reported recovered, attended some charity event, and now re occurrence of ankle injury that may require surgery) yet the club stood by him.
Honestly he has to go cos his presence seems to give false hope that we have a decent midfield team so that no replacement is needed.
Mctominay - the only decent midfielder
Only Fred has stepped up.
Pereira yet to be proven
Lingard useless player whom had his chances under all managers
Mata far too slow
Matic always slow down our attacking trio
Pogba - play whenever he feels like and show boat too much

loveikan 02-01-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10025557)
Now it seems Juventus wants him back. Talented he might be, but all these antics he had displayed (attends brother's wedding, then reported back injured, then reported recovered, attended some charity event, and now re occurrence of ankle injury that may require surgery) yet the club stood by him.
Honestly he has to go cos his presence seems to give false hope that we have a decent midfield team so that no replacement is needed.
Mctominay - the only decent midfielder
Only Fred has stepped up.
Pereira yet to be proven
Lingard useless player whom had his chances under all managers
Mata far too slow
Matic always slow down our attacking trio
Pogba - play whenever he feels like and show boat too much

Read that as well but it was before his previous game as a sub.
At that time, it was reported he got injured again then later some pics shown he was dancing at the bro's wedding and etc.

By the way cannot played Shaw Lingard and Matic together cos the abbre stood for SLM - Sure Lose Man.:p

jwhtan 02-01-2020 04:28 PM

We've been treating Pogba bad because we refuse to let him leave for Madrid. We've deprived Raiola of another paycheck.


That's bad of us :(

lenghan 03-01-2020 09:04 AM

Robin Van Persie believes Ole should be angry and not smiling after the defeat by Arsenal, saying this was not the moment but that Ole should portray a mean streak. That is, Ole should stop being a nice guy but do a proper job as a manager.
Ole still believes the team did OK!!! To be totally dominated and players chasing shadows is OK???? He must be joking.
Yes, we did improve in the 2nd half, but what have we got to show?

The transfer window may be opened for us to try bringing in reinforcement, but doubt any of the "targets" would materialise.
The best of these transfer target to me would be Maddison but doubt Leicester would consider releasing one of their main players.
Jack Grealish from Aston Villa can be inconsistent in form
Longstaff and Rice to me are over-rated by us, and if we are able to get them, pretty sure the price would be sky high since their parent clubs know how desperate we are in now.

loveikan 04-01-2020 09:40 AM

Would prefer Rojo and Jones to leave first. Wish he all the best if the report is true.

Chris Smalling has agreed to join AS Roma on a permanent basis. A deal is likely to be concluded for €15m. [GDS]

loveikan 04-01-2020 09:57 AM

No heart to play for us so better sell but not cheaply regardless
whether the price will scare off buyer or not.

And to use the money wisely in consideration of blending exp players and to blood players from the Academy into the 1st team.
this is for the club future, cannot always rely on buying top players at sky high prices as the price is getting more and more ridiculous.

Pogba's team-mates are convinced he'll leave Manchester United in the summer. United have become dismayed by the conduct of Mino Raiola. Pogba would like to join Real Madrid but it would take a fee of around £150m for him to be allowed to leave. [Times]

lenghan 04-01-2020 11:20 AM

I think RVP is correct. Ole is too nice to the players and none of them fear him the least and the inconsistency speaks for itself.
The owners also know they have a YES man that is why Ole's job would be safe as he does not seems to have any say into the transfer market, that job being entrusted to Woodward, whose main priority is profit first.
The main reason why the Board does not want to splash $$$ on older and experienced players is that these players are for short term and would have little value on the resales market if we want to offload them. But currently aren't we letting players go for free or low fees???
The medias have the one of the main culprits to hype up the costs of players we are targeting, and in the end none would come in January.
And we would continue to be mid-table team for the next few seasons as long as Ole is in charge

lukeber 04-01-2020 12:37 PM

RVP should give some comments to Arsenal instead :D


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)