Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 10-01-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10027361)
Bailey felt the full impact off the knee from Henderson who came off his line to punch the ball crossed into the box.....really suay

Hope he will be ok

Unfortunately under the concussion protocol he will be sidelined for a week. This bloke is really cursed with injuries when he is starting to play well

loveikan 10-01-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027362)
Unfortunately under the concussion protocol he will be sidelined for a week. This bloke is really cursed with injuries when he is starting to play well

Indeed.
Was hoping he will put up a good show together with Tuanzebe in Defence.
His best game was last season when we were playing against Chelsea in a cup game.His first game back after a long injury and probably the best since he joined, the way he played as if we had a new player.

lenghan 10-01-2021 07:00 AM

Pretty uneventful game by the lads even though we won 1-0
No tempo to the game.
Nevertheless, a win is a win

KeeHuat 10-01-2021 07:08 AM

After a bright start, the play was stagnant. Watford had a few headers in the first half from set pieces.

With the amount of headers Maguire gets to from corners in matches, he should score more. Too many off target.

Hope Bailly is alright after being hit by Henderson.

lenghan 10-01-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10027365)
After a bright start, the play was stagnant. Watford had a few headers in the first half from set pieces.

With the amount of headers Maguire gets to from corners in matches, he should score more. Too many off target.

Hope Bailly is alright after being hit by Henderson.

Reported that PP, LS and VL were not included on the bench cos of injuries and could be a doubt for both Burnley n Liverpool games. EB said in his tweet that he is ok and not suffering from concussion.

KeeHuat 10-01-2021 04:17 PM

Burnley will play their usual way with focus on set pieces, i.e. free kicks and corners with their big guys Mee, Tarkowski, Wood and Barnes. Their only quick guy is McNeil (ex-United). We need some big guys against them.

lenghan 10-01-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10027367)
Burnley will play their usual way with focus on set pieces, i.e. free kicks and corners with their big guys Mee, Tarkowski, Wood and Barnes. Their only quick guy is McNeil (ex-United). We need some big guys against them.

Which unfortunately is our weakness cos we tend to take up zonal marking and more often then not, HM and VL will remain rooted on the ground till the opponents attack the ball. We have given away most of our goals on such free kicks so far. I believe this is Ole's instruction to the team

moscowblue 11-01-2021 05:43 PM

Hopefully we can have a 3 pt lead when we visit Anfield.
I do not trust the CB pairing of Lindelof and Maguire. Both never attack any incoming balls into or across the box, which is why we let in plenty of goals.

Really cannot understand why Tuanzebe is not used to pair up with either Lindelof or Maguire.

And DVDB is gonna be sidelined again even though he performed very well in the Watford win, playing a disciplined role and never going up to join any attack,

lenghan 11-01-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027369)
Hopefully we can have a 3 pt lead when we visit Anfield.
I do not trust the CB pairing of Lindelof and Maguire. Both never attack any incoming balls into or across the box, which is why we let in plenty of goals.

Really cannot understand why Tuanzebe is not used to pair up with either Lindelof or Maguire.

And DVDB is gonna be sidelined again even though he performed very well in the Watford win, playing a disciplined role and never going up to join any attack,

I believe this is down to the coaching staff. Pretty sure our defense are instructed to do zonal marking for set pieces for fear of conceding penalties if they go about man marking. But Ole should already have the statistics, i.e. we concede most of our goals from set pieces cos of we employ zonal marking.
Ole has a very fixed plan for all games and if need to switch our style of play to chase after games, he is clueless cos he dare not withdraw most of his "chosen XI" and only do so in desperation in the final 5 mins.

lenghan 12-01-2021 02:26 AM

In his latest press conference, Ole indirectly confirms his choice of HM and VL when he said PP and EB could not complete the whole training session whereas LS and VL did.
And it also looks very bleak for us to get any CB this Jan.

Fosu Mensah is set to sold to Bayer Leverkusen for a mere 1.5million
Sad to see him go cos it would certainly sound sweeter if the player to go is Jones or Rojo