Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rubba season 2011 (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449432)

Allan Lee 30-01-2011 03:16 PM

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=450976

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=451254

While I'm never against hobbyists selling their spawns, be more considerate & constructive in one's marketing strategies. One's actions is the result of what one is made of...

As hobbyists, we can give up TVRs tomorrow if we like.
As commercials, they'd still got a business to run tomorrow.
Jap/Thai bloodline breeders would not be so accessible to us if commercials vanished tomorrow.
What goes around, comes around! Don't burn bridges.

marshy 30-01-2011 03:28 PM

So the case is about spoiling the market?
The only difference between the 2 indicated sale threads are pricing.
Even if TS choose to spoil the market, it does not constitute to flaming in any thread.

I may not be all too familier in the going on in the GF community but perhaps that may be a better thing as I will be even more impartial about matters.

shimark 30-01-2011 03:32 PM

Bro Chris, ignore the noises/gases and continue your breeding efforts.

Buying affordable local bred is the way to go for newbies and leisure hobbyist (like myself) to learn and appreciate tvr. Buying costly imports would be a waste of money unless one is a serious hobbyist with deep deep pockets and prepared to provide plenty of efforts to groom and care for the fish.

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively. Its a pity we do not have importer-cum-breeder commercial parties here like those in Thailand. Hence, newbies and leisure hobbyists here need local breeders like you, kitsilano, justfish, etc

marshy 30-01-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8209237)
Bro Chris, wah very nice bbrs there

I still waiting and waiting for my fishes to blanket party and gang rape the female..... wait until bui tahan liao

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8209595)
Maybe your female fish no good...u need a good female to seduce n strategise the blanket n rape lor....then u can sit back relax and laugh....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8218292)
How big the parents are very subjective...cos it also depend on your feeding, temperature and water perimeter.....

I seen tosai laying eggs liao... and OYA not even a single egg...

I can show you only the father cos mummy in Q after gang rape....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8218497)
Yup.....didn't want to strip her....but she.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8239442)
Push in hard....pull out slowly......4 days old.

One more thing to Chris and others involved in above posts.
Please remember that this is a public forum.
There are ladies in here as well and such talk is not welcomed.
You may just be referring to GF but please show some respect for the ladies members.

Meepok Man 30-01-2011 04:22 PM

I have met bro hugo quite sometime back in june July last year, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He intro cheaper Jap bred kashino bloodline CBR to me as I am a new player and share some pointers with me about ranchu keeping/grooming. Bro hugo told me, ranchu keeping is an art and quality of the fish alot depends on the line. If breeding is so easy to achieve, the thais will have make their way to AJRS. Why are they still buying parent fish from Japan?

I cannot tell how good is a local bred ranchu as I have not seen anyone of them before but from what I had understand ranchu is not like an ordinary gf, we need to understand the bloodline and grooming. No offence to all the bros who purchase local bred and I had totally nothing against them.

Buy a local bred when they dont even understand ranchu well?? I feel it is like buying buying a replica LV wallet, you will never understand why there are ppl willing to pay big bucks for the piece of leather. Buying local bred? maybe you can go down to mainland and scope 10pcs for less then a blue note.

Lets ease the tension and prepare to chinese new year! Happy new year to all the bros in AF! HUAT AH!

Allan Lee 30-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshy (Post 8243354)
Even if TS choose to spoil the market, it does not constitute to flaming in any thread.

I may not be all too familier in the going on in the GF community but perhaps that may be a better thing as I will be even more impartial about matters.

This case is not about spoiling the market. To reiterate, I'm never against hobbyists selling their spawns as I started off with local breds too.

As you'd mentioned, the ONLY difference between the 2 indicated sales threads is the pricing. To copy & paste someone else's sales thread simply showed outright disrespect for the other. Let alone, they are (were) friends! That's what friends are for?

marshy 30-01-2011 04:50 PM

Regardless of the bad blood between them.
Take it offline.

We do not tolerate flaming here.

Hugoboss 30-01-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshy (Post 8243354)

The difference is he literally copied my post, do you see it? Intentional or not, respectful or not, considerate or not, you decide. Dirty talk on a public forum is i felt a no-no, alittle on and off might be ok but his is different, when he logs in, he loses it completely. That is where he lacks respect for female viewers who has been quietly tolerating it for as long as he has been talking.

It is a worrying phenomenon, because of people like CHRIS and not because it impacts my ranchu business, but because hobbyists helps shape our ranchu scene. If it’s strong and vibrant, it allows us to bask in collective pride, if it’s unworthy and disconnecting, we lose a common relation.

Anyway, i will gently click on that "report" button from now on.:D:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8243360)

Buying affordable local bred is the way to go for newbies and leisure hobbyist (like myself) to learn and appreciate tvr. Buying costly imports would be a waste of money unless one is a serious hobbyist with deep deep pockets and prepared to provide plenty of efforts to groom and care for the fish.

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively. Its a pity we do not have importer-cum-breeder commercial parties here like those in Thailand. Hence, newbies and leisure hobbyists here need local breeders like you, kitsilano, justfish, etc

Shimark,

Its common sense why some commercial importers view local breeders negatively.It's also common sense to me why you're seeing this picture, i have absolutely nothing against local bred, it is simply what hobbyists with commercial agenda made out of it. I was too honest with my comments on local bred and let's just say it didn't went down well with that minority few as i pointed out in respect that it hasn't met the standard in my opinion. They should improve on it and then sell only when the standard is met, unfortunately, they don't see it as could have been blinded by the dollar sign till they forgot about the good of ranchu hobby and to educate well.

What is needed is not some ranchu that the breeders doesn't even know it's own bred well to start the hobby but recognising the need to solve the fundamental problem(educating correctly) that is causing lacklustre response.

marshy 30-01-2011 05:59 PM

Use the report post button.
Do not take actions into your own hands.

chris 30-01-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshy (Post 8243392)
One more thing to Chris .....Please remember that this is a public forum.
You may just be referring to GF but please show some respect for the ladies members.

Hi Marshy, noted with apologies. Will improve on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8243360)

Hi Bro Shimark, No worries....I have a few spawns lately. Most willing to share some technique of spawning with you. :o

marshy 30-01-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8244138)
Hi Marshy, noted with apologies. Will improve on it.

Chris

I shall take your word for noting my advise.
I hope not to receive further "feedback" about the nature of your postings in other threads to be deemed offensive to the ladies.

chris 30-01-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshy (Post 8244222)
Chris

I shall take your word for noting my advise.
I hope not to receive further "feedback" about the nature of your postings in other threads to be deemed offensive to the ladies.

Roger...:o

chris 31-01-2011 12:09 AM

My latest spawn......2 days old....still thinking of a name. :p

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...s323yeo/13.jpg

chris 31-01-2011 12:12 AM

Sorry for the dirty picture.......another batch.... 2 weeks old...will try to take better picture. This batch some got very nice tail...:p

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...s323yeo/14.jpg

Mr Shai 31-01-2011 08:40 AM

how come when you guys post comments with a little crude language can get away with it? I post comments got zapped? started to think this forum is becoming more and more a private club rather than a public forum...hmmm.
anyway, if it makes the 'zapper' feel good about his cowardly self, i'm happy that it makes his day. lol....:D

marshy 31-01-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Shai (Post 8244889)
how come when you guys post comments with a little crude language can get away with it? I post comments got zapped? started to think this forum is becoming more and more a private club rather than a public forum...hmmm.
anyway, if it makes the 'zapper' feel good about his cowardly self, i'm happy that it makes his day. lol....:D

By posting thid itself constitutes to rep whining hence opening yourself to more zaps and pray Barney don't see it.

nutx 31-01-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8244357)
Sorry for the dirty picture.......another batch.... 2 weeks old...will try to take better picture. This batch some got very nice tail...:p

Bro...with some many spawns....you got even tub and space?:D

I can volunteer to baby sit some...but no guarantee that they will still be swimming when returning to you!:rolleyes:

shimark 31-01-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8209237)
Bro Chris, wah very nice bbrs there :)
I still waiting and waiting for my fishes to blanket party and gang rape the female..... wait until bui tahan liao :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshy (Post 8243392)
One more thing to .......... others involved in above posts.
Please remember that this is a public forum.

A short video paints a thousand words
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A typical goldfish mating session. What do you see? I see gang rape. This is a thread on breeding in a goldfish forum. Please do not belittle the intelligence and open-minded nature of modern ladies.

But yes, Senior Mod, you are right, there may be the few minority narrow minded readers who choose to see it from a weird different angle, please pardon my bad english. I close my case.

jwhtan 31-01-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8245389)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A typical goldfish mating session. What do you see? I see gang rape. This is a thread on breeding in a goldfish forum. Please do not belittle the intelligence and open-minded nature of modern ladies.

But yes, Senior Mod, you are right, there may be the few minority narrow minded readers who choose to see it from a weird different angle, please pardon my bad english. I close my case.

U dun come and belittle our intelligence. Must u use this kind of words " gang rape " ? What the hell is ur problem ? U hv utterly no respect when someone speaks to u nicely ?

Dun come and crap around here and treat us all like fools. It'll get u nowhere. One more time and u r out of here altogether.

marshy 31-01-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimark (Post 8245389)

John has spoken all there has to be said of your remarks.
You obviously have absolute no respect for the ladies in this aspect.
For this I am zapping you.

chris 31-01-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8244963)
Bro...with some many spawns....you got even tub and space?:D

I can volunteer to baby sit some...but no guarantee that they will still be swimming when returning to you!:rolleyes:

Bro, thanks for your offer. I have just shifted them to a friend's farm this morning. Hope they will grow faster n ready to be in your good hands to groom them.

Most willing to share my spawn if u think they are good enough for you. :o
:o

Fire87 31-01-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meepok Man (Post 8243438)
I have met bro hugo quite sometime back in june July last year, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He intro cheaper Jap bred kashino bloodline CBR to me as I am a new player and share some pointers with me about ranchu keeping/grooming. Bro hugo told me, ranchu keeping is an art and quality of the fish alot depends on the line. If breeding is so easy to achieve, the thais will have make their way to AJRS. Why are they still buying parent fish from Japan?

I cannot tell how good is a local bred ranchu as I have not seen anyone of them before but from what I had understand ranchu is not like an ordinary gf, we need to understand the bloodline and grooming. No offence to all the bros who purchase local bred and I had totally nothing against them.

Buy a local bred when they dont even understand ranchu well?? I feel it is like buying buying a replica LV wallet, you will never understand why there are ppl willing to pay big bucks for the piece of leather. Buying local bred? maybe you can go down to mainland and scope 10pcs for less then a blue note.

Lets ease the tension and prepare to chinese new year! Happy new year to all the bros in AF! HUAT AH!

hi meepok,

have u visited this http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/tomk43791/index.html, under Arofanatucs Goldfish articles section? Just sharing this information with you , something which spurs you on in keeping TVRs. Hope you join in this poison too. I believed they are quite brandless TVRs, but managed to achieve something in this year AJRS. Some pretty good placings.

I'm not into branded stuff but regardless of origins, if you see a powerful swimming and nice tail with big OZA, would you ask for it's brand? Fishes i believe you look for traits within them, like Breeder Shape 1,2,3,4 which i read in a TVR magazine and websites( a simple explanation: traits in selective breeder and not for selecting comp grade) I have personally seen very good local breds (non AF) which are comparable or can be better than those commercially available(no offense to commercial, but a praise to local scenes.)

IMO, I suggest not to say things like paragraph 1 of your statement, sounds like marketing techniques for them. Best not to involve with commercial entities. We as hobbyists should just talk TVR. Just an advice.

cheers,
chris aka fire87

nutx 31-01-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8245492)
Bro, thanks for your offer. I have just shifted them to a friend's farm this morning. Hope they will grow faster n ready to be in your good hands to groom them.

Most willing to share my spawn if u think they are good enough for you. :o
:o

Bro...

Good or Bad...it is a matter of appreciation.

But care for the fish as a hobby, there is NO Different just bec of grade different (if any).:D

Anytime...I'm willing to pick them up, but I'm new to TVR...so there is risk to keep them alive, not to mention grooming.:p

:)

Hugoboss 01-02-2011 12:21 AM

Hi fire87,

Just an advice. IMHO, if you are really interested in going further into tvr, it would be beneficial to join a club which would provide responsible teachings. From your above post, I would humbly say there are more important traits than what you've mentioned and breeding a line and a fish is 2 different matters and it would be good to understand what a line is and how important it is. Exposure and foundation is impt for a serious ranchu hobbyist. You can learn anywhere everywhere but IMHO, it leads to nowhere and you might find yourself no where you intended to land. No point guessing in ranchu, you'll never get it.

If just by reading every ranchu stuff online and guessing why is it this and that, I would long ago have been very successful in ranchu.

Here's wishing you a fruitful journey in ranchu.

Cheers!

Fire87 01-02-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugoboss (Post 8246737)
Hi fire87,

Just an advice. IMHO, if you are really interested in going further into tvr, it would be beneficial to join a club which would provide responsible teachings. From your above post, I would humbly say there are more important traits than what you've mentioned and breeding a line and a fish is 2 different matters and it would be good to understand what a line is and how important it is. Exposure and foundation is impt for a serious ranchu hobbyist. You can learn anywhere everywhere but IMHO, it leads to nowhere and you might find yourself no where you intended to land. No point guessing in ranchu, you'll never get it.

If just by reading every ranchu stuff online and guessing why is it this and that, I would long ago have been very successful in ranchu.

Here's wishing you a fruitful journey in ranchu.

Cheers!

hi hugoboss,
Appreciate your advice. A very important consideration which i don't not want to enter a club is due to the massive amount of politics. My aim is to just keep fish and share the poison with other common hobbyists, regardless with club or not.

I do understand it's beyond those traits as it was an example for meepok. With only limited knowledge and resources, best way for a student like me is to learn through breeding, and raising of fries. I'm always open to learning and trying out new stuff to learn with hands on, then i can share with others. From pellets, water change ,etc, it's an ongoing thing.

Precisely online it's not everything and there's not much mentor around. If so easy, then the hobby has not challenges! TIO bo?:p

cheers,
chris

Hugoboss 01-02-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire87 (Post 8246921)
hi hugoboss,
Appreciate your advice. A very important consideration which i don't not want to enter a club is due to the massive amount of politics. My aim is to just keep fish and share the poison with other common hobbyists, regardless with club or not.

I do understand it's beyond those traits as it was an example for meepok. With only limited knowledge and resources, best way for a student like me is to learn through breeding, and raising of fries. I'm always open to learning and trying out new stuff to learn with hands on, then i can share with others. From pellets, water change ,etc, it's an ongoing thing.

Precisely online it's not everything and there's not much mentor around. If so easy, then the hobby has not challenges! TIO bo?:p

cheers,
chris

Hi Fire87,

I suggest to get in there and see if it is true. There will be a time whereby everyone accepts the good/bad of each members but be positive.

Pardon me, if you have good foundation of ranchu and your aim is to spread this hobby around, only then, it'll flourish. From those limitations you've mentioned, it'll not do you any good to aimlessly try here try there, imho, it's so ineffective and inefficient. Eg. You have good grooming skills but do not have a good line ranchu, some traits of the ranchu will not show up and you'll begin to question your technique even if it is actually the right one, vice versa. In short, you lose focus and direction.

Without zeroing, there will be no marksmen. You will be shooting everywhere except the target. In short, blind leading blind, all blind. (i'm in a joking mood):D:D:D

Happy New Year!!!:)

Buzzer898 01-02-2011 06:42 PM

Hi,

very nice and cute.......thanks for sharing...

chris 01-02-2011 07:36 PM

I'm a hobbyist who just love to keep all kinds of fishes. The most enjoyable part of course to me is breeding and spawning. Many friends who know me, will know that I have spawn flowerhorn, betta, guppy, platty and goldfish.

This thread is about my breeding and spawning....so let's begin the journey....:p

I have friends and newbies asking how to spawn, err.... would love to show you but both hands are busy rubbing the fish. Very sorry for that.

But many times question also ask...how do you see that the eggs are fertilised? Well, this morning I have a good spawn and I'm going to post the daily progress of the eggs development until they are hatch.

Day 1 - 10 hrs after I have strip off the eggs from the female fish. The eggs picture is taken without water. :p
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/IMG_0613.jpg

BuTLeR 01-02-2011 09:09 PM

nice one chris !!! you're back!!!!!

chris 01-02-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuTLeR (Post 8248670)
nice one chris !!! you're back!!!!!

Thanks....how abt u? :D

westiee 01-02-2011 09:55 PM

U realli 天公仔...every yr u r blessed wif more than 3 spawn...realli angry die me n make me so jealous:mad:..CNY can't sleep well Liao thinking of ur spawn daily...hahahaa...:D:D

chris 01-02-2011 11:22 PM

No la...the weather is cool last week and I feed alot of tubi worm....so they seems to be in spawning mood. Anyway I brought the goldfish to the farm liao...I "outsource" to a farmer to take care for me.

Once these fries reach 1 month, I will cull liao and send the rest to the farm as well. ;):p

buibui 02-02-2011 12:50 AM

Hi bro Chris,

Congratulation on your new spawn again and thkx for sharing your exciting journey of ur bbr/cbr spawn.

First for me to see a picture of fertile eggs,btw saw ur earlier post of moving ur fishes to farm,any particular reasons?Hope u dun find me busybody.:)

kepala sakit 02-02-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8248922)
No la...the weather is cool last week and I feed alot of tubi worm....so they seems to be in spawning mood. Anyway I brought the goldfish to the farm liao...I "outsource" to a farmer to take care for me.

Once these fries reach 1 month, I will cull liao and send the rest to the farm as well. ;):p

Chris...any chances of me doing the grooming for you, any number no problem got the spaces and facilities to occommodate...:D

chris 02-02-2011 01:10 AM

Tmr and the 3rd day...you will see a clearer picture of the fertized egg. Keeping fingers crossed.....

I got to move them to friend's farm mainly of a few reasons:

1)No space at home and wifey making noise especially CNY must do spring cleaning. Imagine so many guppy tubs at home. Now not much at home liao...only 2 aros and 3 spawns which will be "move" after the first culling at 1 month.
2)At the farm, the bbrs are in a 10ft by 5 ft pond...compare to my 3x2 guppy tub.....the bbrs will grow faster and faster.

KS....thanks for your offer. Maybe will shift some to you for grooming. Your water handling is superb and the clean tubi....love by all fishes. :p

westiee 02-02-2011 01:12 AM

Halo...uncker KS...pls take que lumber Ho...:p

chris 02-02-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiee (Post 8249143)
Halo...uncker KS...pls take que lumber Ho...:p

Paiseh...uncle KS and me also come a long way......:p

westiee 02-02-2011 01:25 AM

Everyone u also come loong way..when my turn Lol

kepala sakit 02-02-2011 01:26 AM

I can provide weekly update via U'tube, viewing the development of your fishes...:eek::D

chris 02-02-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepala sakit (Post 8249186)
I can provide weekly update via U'tube, viewing the development of your fishes...:eek::D

wah....good good.....will let you know. :p