Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Koi Food - New Love Star (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496543)

xfire 03-08-2012 09:06 AM

Koi Food - New Love Star

Bros, anyone here tried this before for koi? Wanted to buy but not sure whether okie or not.

Wilgan 03-08-2012 08:29 PM

Never heard of it. Got pics to share and the price?

xfire 06-08-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilgan (Post 9099014)
Never heard of it. Got pics to share and the price?

This is the picture of the food.. Price should be around 100 bah.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...ewLoveStar.jpg

Wilgan 06-08-2012 06:28 PM

Never see it before. For 5kg sinking. The price is more expensive than Saki Hikari hi-grow and Sakai wheatgerm but cheaper than FD primo plus. :D

Did a search but nothing much appears except that Summer is selling them.

xfire 07-08-2012 11:58 AM

Yes, it is from Summer, but not sure it is ok. I am using Saki Hikari Growth floating but their are shy kois not eating. Furthermore, i find that the Saki growth pallets got a bad smell after fish makan, so Want to change to sinking and brand.

Any recommendations? I need to bulk up the kois.

noidea 07-08-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfire (Post 9102504)
Yes, it is from Summer, but not sure it is ok. I am using Saki Hikari Growth floating but their are shy kois not eating. Furthermore, i find that the Saki growth pallets got a bad smell after fish makan, so Want to change to sinking and brand.

The smell from the pond water or from the bag of koi food.

Smell from the pond water it mean time to clean the filter media and chamber.

xfire 07-08-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 9102574)
The smell from the pond water or from the bag of koi food.

Smell from the pond water it mean time to clean the filter media and chamber.

Smell is from the food after feeding. When I use Saki Hikari color food, okie no smell. But i stop the colour food cos it is turning the koi shiro a bit yellowish.

The Saki growth itself doesn't smell good also.

Wilgan 07-08-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfire (Post 9102504)

Saki Hikari hi-grow pro-biotics has sinking too. I am currently using it but finishing soon. No smell except that it can a bit oily (ok if you have surface skimmer) and may stain (a bit yellowish) if fed heavily.

Will be changing back to Sakai Wheatgerm sinking which I had used before. Water is clear, no smell and not oily. Better in bulking up kois.

FD Primo Plus has sinking too and is also very good like Sakai and koi grows fast. But price is expensive for long term use.

Sakai colour, Saki Hikari colour also has sinking. :D

End of the day is you must know where to get them. :p

xfire 07-08-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilgan (Post 9103378)
Saki Hikari hi-grow pro-biotics has sinking too. I am currently using it but finishing soon. No smell except that it can a bit oily (ok if you have surface skimmer) and may stain (a bit yellowish) if fed heavily.

Will be changing back to Sakai Wheatgerm sinking which I had used before. Water is clear, no smell and not oily. Better in bulking up kois.

FD Primo Plus has sinking too and is also very good like Sakai and koi grows fast. But price is expensive for long term use.

Sakai colour, Saki Hikari colour also has sinking. :D

End of the day is you must know where to get them. :p

Wow, thanks bro! This is good information. Maybe I will try Sakai wheatgerm too.

Ronald 08-08-2012 12:05 PM

Try one packet of FD Primo Plus....many bros swear by it to bulk up kois in a short time. But can't do long term due to price....:)