Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small Animals and Birds (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Dog Owners - What are you feeding? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538873)

satan_gal 09-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 10001613)
Big dog diet.
Not feeding raw, slightly cooked.

Ooo... U got try before Primal?
My 2 old ladies the older the get the weaker their tummies get.
These days cannot Raw or HCF too much else will LS all the way :(

satan_gal 09-10-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001692)
Solid gold Holistique blend, not too bad leh.
Last time I feed the F4Dogs lamp then will stink the poo❢

I remember Fish 4 dogs.
the girls' poo got very much softer.. so i changed away.

I think I've been through most of the kibbles in the mkt over the last coming 16 years liao.

Rigil 09-10-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001727)
I remember Fish 4 dogs.
the girls' poo got very much softer.. so i changed away.

I think I've been through most of the kibbles in the mkt over the last coming 16 years liao.

waaa haha thats quite a long time! my oldest is only 9years! we changed afew too!

started of from eukanuba casue i got all my boys from pet movers pasir ris

satan_gal 09-10-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001750)
waaa haha thats quite a long time! my oldest is only 9years! we changed afew too!

started of from eukanuba casue i got all my boys from pet movers pasir ris

eukanuba.... I fed lamb and rice once upon a time..

the high QUANTITY poo STINKS........ and dog gain weight fast!

Usually I based on a few things

1. Ingredients - The list of stuff my girls dun eat due to allergy or histamine stuff..
2. Amt of poop - the more means more fillers/undigested by the body
3. Texture of poop - Yes.. I'm the type of disgusting owners tat pick poop and can have lunch/dinner wif my doggy friends and we have poop discussion.
4. Amt of shedding - Needless to say.. both my girls sheds. But on some brands... they tend to shed more
5. Fur quality - The black one very very obvious. The other one.. need to get past the matts and fluff tat needs brushing (ask her owner do!)
6. Pocket Friendly - As much as I wish I could feed them ziwipeak all the time (seriously, I fed them for 1 mth as a special treat coz of some promo/bonus/diobeybio), my normal pocket simply can't afford it.

On a side note.. the girls seem to do well on crocodile meat...
I had a few pieces of frozen ones i bought for my ah gong and he dun wan eat liao so end up at my freezer and i've no time to cook... so feed them when out of kibbles.

Strangely no laosai..

llewellyn 10-10-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001726)
Ooo... U got try before Primal?
My 2 old ladies the older the get the weaker their tummies get.
These days cannot Raw or HCF too much else will LS all the way :(

Feed raw will diarrhea.
Must cook it.
Now still looking for alternatives.
Trying to do away with dry food.

satan_gal 10-10-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 10001784)
Feed raw will diarrhea.
Must cook it.
Now still looking for alternatives.
Trying to do away with dry food.

Try adding probiotics to their diet?

It helps for my case.... but den hor... as they age.... the iron cast tummy also start to weaken liao

I used to buy frozen beef in bulk.. den add my own fiber and offals and bones to try to bal out the diet.. and den i got more and more lazy :p:D

Why wan do away with dry food leh?

llewellyn 10-10-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001791)
Why wan do away with dry food leh?

Dry food is very convenient to feed and 'full of nutrients' but it's actually processed food.
It's the same with human food, always try to eat as natural and unprocessed as possible...

ThErMuS 11-10-2017 11:57 AM

i feed acana..

then in the evening, i will cook minced pork, beef with carrot, potatoes, peas, long beans and corns (the vegetable are bought frozen from ntuc)

just steam it and feed.

Rigil 11-10-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001752)
eukanuba.... I fed lamb and rice once upon a time..

the high QUANTITY poo STINKS........ and dog gain weight fast!

Usually I based on a few things

1. Ingredients - The list of stuff my girls dun eat due to allergy or histamine stuff..
2. Amt of poop - the more means more fillers/undigested by the body
3. Texture of poop - Yes.. I'm the type of disgusting owners tat pick poop and can have lunch/dinner wif my doggy friends and we have poop discussion.
4. Amt of shedding - Needless to say.. both my girls sheds. But on some brands... they tend to shed more
5. Fur quality - The black one very very obvious. The other one.. need to get past the matts and fluff tat needs brushing (ask her owner do!)
6. Pocket Friendly - As much as I wish I could feed them ziwipeak all the time (seriously, I fed them for 1 mth as a special treat coz of some promo/bonus/diobeybio), my normal pocket simply can't afford it.

On a side note.. the girls seem to do well on crocodile meat...
I had a few pieces of frozen ones i bought for my ah gong and he dun wan eat liao so end up at my freezer and i've no time to cook... so feed them when out of kibbles.

Strangely no laosai..

#3 - me too my boys poo in the toilet floor, and i will just use me hands to pick it up to the toilet bowl lol. My boys one should be alright la, judging and agar agar from our pop! haha

#4 - for my beagle also shed like mad! got to get my maid to vacumm 2 - 3 times a day.

satan_gal 11-10-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001877)
#4 - for my beagle also shed like mad! got to get my maid to vacumm 2 - 3 times a day.

U wan consider change diet mai...
I think u in punggol now rite? I can pass you some Acana to try... :D:D:D