Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rubba season 2011 (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449432)

jest1081 05-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8366945)
Thanks jest, will keep on the hard work. From my years of experiment, not all theories work on the tvr I keep, it is thru trial and error, sharing and exchanging pointers. :o

For examples:
1)Read in some website, high oxygen will boost the funtan grow. I keep the fish in a tub full of oxygen bubbling...no funtan. :(
2)FBW promotes funtan, I feed 6 times a day, no funtan.:(

Again, the above 2 points might work for some, so don't misunderstand me.

What works for me:
1)I don't change water so frequently abt 4 to 5 days 1 change.
2)I feed tubi worms only once a day.
3)My tub got no oxygen bubbling. Fish almost stay motionless most of the time.
4)I keep in clear water.

Warning, this may not work for u. There are more then just this points.
:o

thanks for sharing Chris,

well im sure with more tweaking & rubba rubba, you will find a method that works, since your continually experimenting. aiya guppies oso like dat mah, the science say one thing but come out different thing hahaha. at last its the exp that teaches us how and what to cross.

We have to take into consideration the weather here is much different from where these fishes originated from, so methods that work there may not work here and vise versa.

Keep documenting your experiments, im looking forward to read more from you!

Thanks for your continued contributions to the fish scene. :)

noidea 05-04-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8366945)
Thanks jest, will keep on the hard work. From my years of experiment, not all theories work on the tvr I keep, it is thru trial and error, sharing and exchanging pointers. :o

For examples:
1)Read in some website, high oxygen will boost the funtan grow. I keep the fish in a tub full of oxygen bubbling...no funtan. :(
2)FBW promotes funtan, I feed 6 times a day, no funtan.:(

Again, the above 2 points might work for some, so don't misunderstand me.

What works for me:
1)I don't change water so frequently abt 4 to 5 days 1 change.
2)I feed tubi worms only once a day.
3)My tub got no oxygen bubbling. Fish almost stay motionless most of the time.
4)I keep in clear water.

Warning, this may not work for u. There are more then just this points.
:o

Thank you for sharing.

So TVR don't swim around is ok as mine also don't swim much. :)

Hmm....I wonder feeding canned FBW will have the same effect as I don't have a fridge to store those frozen type.

I use constant drip water so at time I can change water in 7 days but not any longer than that.

chris 05-04-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jest1081 (Post 8366996)
Thanks for your continued contributions to the fish scene. :)

Thank you for your encouragement. It's very heart warming.:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367158)
Thank you for sharing.

So TVR don't swim around is ok as mine also don't swim much. :)

Hmm....I wonder feeding canned FBW will have the same effect as I don't have a fridge to store those frozen type.

I use constant drip water so at time I can change water in 7 days but not any longer than that.

Errrr. I cannot quantify that your fish don't swim is ok. But from my observation on my fish, they don't swim as much. I can only say that they are not stress (from sickness, water, disturbance etc). They look comfortable and swim rather elegantly ard the tub when I'm near. But when I watched them from a distance for 10 mins, they almost stay motionless. There no signs of red patches, streaks etc.

Not sure abt dried fbw, you can try and let us know.

Btw, for fries, I had to put in a air stone as there are abt 500 fries in each 10ft tub. And they whack abt 1 can of tubi which need me to change water almost everyday. :( So again, method differ from my adult fish, which again will differ from spawning/seed fish and grooming fish.:o

noidea 05-04-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8367206)
Thank you for your encouragement. It's very heart warming.:o

Errrr. I cannot quantify that your fish don't swim is ok. But from my observation on my fish, they don't swim as much. I can only say that they are not stress (from sickness, water, disturbance etc). They look comfortable and swim rather elegantly ard the tub when I'm near. But when I watched them from a distance for 10 mins, they almost stay motionless. There no signs of red patches, streaks etc.

Not sure abt dried fbw, you can try and let us know.

Btw, for fries, I had to put in a air stone as there are abt 500 fries in each 10ft tub. And they whack abt 1 can of tubi which need me to change water almost everyday. :( So again, method differ from my adult fish, which again will differ from spawning/seed fish and grooming fish.:o

Thank you. Noted, yes my fish don't have redness except now one or two doing head stand.....:o:(

chris 05-04-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367225)
Thank you. Noted, yes my fish don't have redness except now one or two doing head stand.....:o:(

Lower your water level just enough to cover your fish. Slowly increase the water level over the weeks. This may helps.

Machoranchu 05-04-2011 02:37 PM

Good job bro :D Still rubba-ing after so many years! I'm sure it's a fruitful experience. Keep up the good work and share your knowledge with us.

noidea 05-04-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8367255)
Lower your water level just enough to cover your fish. Slowly increase the water level over the weeks. This may helps.

Ok, I will do that. :)

nutx 05-04-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367225)

Bro...I think your is not motionless lar....there is probably some bladder problem that leds to head stand...:p

noidea 05-04-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8367322)
Bro...I think your is not motionless lar....there is probably some bladder problem that leds to head stand...:p

Oh, I guess so then. :(

Cai888 05-04-2011 06:58 PM

Thanks Ts for sharing ur experiencs here,really enjoy reading it:)
Anyway beauty lies in the eye of beholder,for me as long i likes the fish,why bother about brands,nothing is 100% perfect even u have the best in the world:)