Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Long crack lines appear upon filling up of "new" used tank!! Help!!! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517764)

radiolite22 14-11-2013 04:44 AM

Long crack lines appear upon filling up of "new" used tank!! Help!!!

Hi guys,

Recently I just bought a used tank from a nice brother in the forum. Tank age is about only 1 year+.

Tank was delivered yesterday and everything looks fine. I decided to let the tank rest for a day as informed by seller that a re-silicon job was done by the tank maker last friday, as it seems that the silicon has weakened even though the tank is only 1 year plus old...

Today I tried filling up the tank with water as I had to decom my fgt tank that is sold. However, I start hearing cracking sound and discover a long vertical crack line appearing on the front of the tank... it ran from one of the top bracing area to 3/4 down the tank... I used my finger and ran it across the crack line. I can feel both internal and external crack lines on both sides of the glass...

I immediately stopped filling up the tank and drained all water in it. I've contacted the tankmaker now pending for his reply....

Any bros encountered such similar incident before? Is it possible to replace the whole front glass under warranty as the crack could be caused by an improper silicon job done at the top bracing?

Need some advise here as urgently need to use this tank... :(

llewellyn 14-11-2013 07:09 AM

If its still under warranty they should.
In the first place, there shouldn't be any issue if the workmanship is good!

To add on, they should provide a temp fgt to house all your livestock until they retify the problem.

Yuna 14-11-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiolite22 (Post 9555048)
Hi guys,

Recently I just bought a used tank from a nice brother in the forum. Tank age is about only 1 year+.

Tank was delivered yesterday and everything looks fine. I decided to let the tank rest for a day as informed by seller that a re-silicon job was done by the tank maker last friday, as it seems that the silicon has weakened even though the tank is only 1 year plus old...

Today I tried filling up the tank with water as I had to decom my fgt tank that is sold. However, I start hearing cracking sound and discover a long vertical crack line appearing on the front of the tank... it ran from one of the top bracing area to 3/4 down the tank... I used my finger and ran it across the crack line. I can feel both internal and external crack lines on both sides of the glass...

I immediately stopped filling up the tank and drained all water in it. I've contacted the tankmaker now pending for his reply....

Any bros encountered such similar incident before? Is it possible to replace the whole front glass under warranty as the crack could be caused by an improper silicon job done at the top bracing?

Need some advise here as urgently need to use this tank... :(

If u need space to tompang some of ur fishes u can let me know bah..
Amk neighbours :D

radiolite22 14-11-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna (Post 9555068)
If u need space to tompang some of ur fishes u can let me know bah..
Amk neighbours :D

Thanks alot bro!! Really appreciate your help. Will let you know if really can't resolve the issue in time.

Hopefully can see what the tank maker can do to help me... :(

Humongous 14-11-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiolite22 (Post 9555070)
Thanks alot bro!! Really appreciate your help. Will let you know if really can't resolve the issue in time.

Hopefully can see what the tank maker can do to help me... :(

U might want to consider making a new one... else aany more mishap might be even more costlier especially livestock and house reno and furnishing.....:)

Need help to temp house your fishes can also rope me in... :)

onlyyouknow 14-11-2013 09:36 AM

A one year old tank already start to crack? Not very good workmanship or could it have been damaged during transportation? Think better change the tank.

|JTBC| 14-11-2013 09:45 AM

I think eventually you got to make new one.

|JTBC| 14-11-2013 09:47 AM

Bcos it is cracked not leaked. No joke.

angelo 14-11-2013 09:50 AM

My guess, the failure is due to uneven loading, root cause should be tank support.

llewellyn 14-11-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyyouknow (Post 9555098)
A one year old tank already start to crack? Not very good workmanship or could it have been damaged during transportation? Think better change the tank.

I think there are already some exsisting issues prior to the transportation...... TS mentioned resilicon last friday before the tank was moved.