Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Butterfly demekins? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58456)

Hamad 06-04-2003 01:19 PM

Butterfly demekins?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm currently obsessed with this breed, I have only one black butterfly and never had any other color so I'm very deperate and would love it if someone can tell me how I can try to get some online. Maybe through a breeder, farm, or a hobbyist that has a lot.

I live in the UAE, a shithole when it comes to GOldfish, so it's not easy for me to get stuff from outside but I always try my best. I've had Ranchus ordered from Thailand.

Here I attach a "collage" I did to show u how BEAUTIFUL these fish are!

Also if anyone here kept them, tell me what colors you had and everything you know concerning butterfly demikins.

Thanks!

Oranda 06-04-2003 03:18 PM

Re: Butterfly demekins?

WOW....super gorgeous! :p

Hamad 06-04-2003 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know, so gorgeous!

In my opinion, I think butterflies look better than Ranchu as top view since they look exactly as cute from top and side. I mean Ranchu top don't look so good on side, and side don't look so cute from the top. But these are just wow!

I love them most when they have ryukin bodies!

Oranda 06-04-2003 10:07 PM

pics

urh.....i'm going to skirt this potentially life-threatening issue of demekin v ranchu :D i fear for my life.

can u tell me where u got all those nice pics. i recognise some are from alvin's site...(the topview ones)...where are the others from? could always do with more eye candy. =)

also noticed in your gallery u mentioned that you order fish from thailand....its a long way to UAE...how do the fish survive the journey?

happybuddha 06-04-2003 10:57 PM

Does anyone knows the difference between a butterfly moor and a butterfly demekins? Are they the same? Thanks.

goldfishfever 06-04-2003 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hamad
I know, so gorgeous!

In my opinion, I think butterflies look better than Ranchu as top view since they look exactly as cute from top and side. I mean Ranchu top don't look so good on side, and side don't look so cute from the top. But these are just wow!

I love them most when they have ryukin bodies!

Not only that. I think the beauty of Butterfly is equal, if not better than the Japanese Tosakin. From the Japanese website, I think the Tosakin attain full beauty only at 3 years old. That is too long a wait.

goldfishfever 06-04-2003 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by happybuddha
Does anyone knows the difference between a butterfly moor and a butterfly demekins? Are they the same? Thanks.
Demekin is a Japanese term for Moor.

Demekin 07-04-2003 12:08 AM

who call my name

happybuddha 07-04-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goldfishfever
Demekin is a Japanese term for Moor.
I see! Thanks for the clarification.

It seems I can usually find black moor and orange moor in Singapore. The rest are pretty rare (pun intended.)

08-04-2003 03:06 AM

Butterfly ----- the gateway to top view appreciation !