Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rubba season 2011 (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449432)

chris 31-01-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8244963)
Bro...with some many spawns....you got even tub and space?:D

I can volunteer to baby sit some...but no guarantee that they will still be swimming when returning to you!:rolleyes:

Bro, thanks for your offer. I have just shifted them to a friend's farm this morning. Hope they will grow faster n ready to be in your good hands to groom them.

Most willing to share my spawn if u think they are good enough for you. :o
:o

Fire87 31-01-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meepok Man (Post 8243438)
I have met bro hugo quite sometime back in june July last year, he is a very friendly and helpful guy. He intro cheaper Jap bred kashino bloodline CBR to me as I am a new player and share some pointers with me about ranchu keeping/grooming. Bro hugo told me, ranchu keeping is an art and quality of the fish alot depends on the line. If breeding is so easy to achieve, the thais will have make their way to AJRS. Why are they still buying parent fish from Japan?

I cannot tell how good is a local bred ranchu as I have not seen anyone of them before but from what I had understand ranchu is not like an ordinary gf, we need to understand the bloodline and grooming. No offence to all the bros who purchase local bred and I had totally nothing against them.

Buy a local bred when they dont even understand ranchu well?? I feel it is like buying buying a replica LV wallet, you will never understand why there are ppl willing to pay big bucks for the piece of leather. Buying local bred? maybe you can go down to mainland and scope 10pcs for less then a blue note.

Lets ease the tension and prepare to chinese new year! Happy new year to all the bros in AF! HUAT AH!

hi meepok,

have u visited this http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/tomk43791/index.html, under Arofanatucs Goldfish articles section? Just sharing this information with you , something which spurs you on in keeping TVRs. Hope you join in this poison too. I believed they are quite brandless TVRs, but managed to achieve something in this year AJRS. Some pretty good placings.

I'm not into branded stuff but regardless of origins, if you see a powerful swimming and nice tail with big OZA, would you ask for it's brand? Fishes i believe you look for traits within them, like Breeder Shape 1,2,3,4 which i read in a TVR magazine and websites( a simple explanation: traits in selective breeder and not for selecting comp grade) I have personally seen very good local breds (non AF) which are comparable or can be better than those commercially available(no offense to commercial, but a praise to local scenes.)

IMO, I suggest not to say things like paragraph 1 of your statement, sounds like marketing techniques for them. Best not to involve with commercial entities. We as hobbyists should just talk TVR. Just an advice.

cheers,
chris aka fire87

nutx 31-01-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8245492)
Bro, thanks for your offer. I have just shifted them to a friend's farm this morning. Hope they will grow faster n ready to be in your good hands to groom them.

Most willing to share my spawn if u think they are good enough for you. :o
:o

Bro...

Good or Bad...it is a matter of appreciation.

But care for the fish as a hobby, there is NO Different just bec of grade different (if any).:D

Anytime...I'm willing to pick them up, but I'm new to TVR...so there is risk to keep them alive, not to mention grooming.:p

:)

Hugoboss 01-02-2011 12:21 AM

Hi fire87,

Just an advice. IMHO, if you are really interested in going further into tvr, it would be beneficial to join a club which would provide responsible teachings. From your above post, I would humbly say there are more important traits than what you've mentioned and breeding a line and a fish is 2 different matters and it would be good to understand what a line is and how important it is. Exposure and foundation is impt for a serious ranchu hobbyist. You can learn anywhere everywhere but IMHO, it leads to nowhere and you might find yourself no where you intended to land. No point guessing in ranchu, you'll never get it.

If just by reading every ranchu stuff online and guessing why is it this and that, I would long ago have been very successful in ranchu.

Here's wishing you a fruitful journey in ranchu.

Cheers!

Fire87 01-02-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugoboss (Post 8246737)
Hi fire87,

Just an advice. IMHO, if you are really interested in going further into tvr, it would be beneficial to join a club which would provide responsible teachings. From your above post, I would humbly say there are more important traits than what you've mentioned and breeding a line and a fish is 2 different matters and it would be good to understand what a line is and how important it is. Exposure and foundation is impt for a serious ranchu hobbyist. You can learn anywhere everywhere but IMHO, it leads to nowhere and you might find yourself no where you intended to land. No point guessing in ranchu, you'll never get it.

If just by reading every ranchu stuff online and guessing why is it this and that, I would long ago have been very successful in ranchu.

Here's wishing you a fruitful journey in ranchu.

Cheers!

hi hugoboss,
Appreciate your advice. A very important consideration which i don't not want to enter a club is due to the massive amount of politics. My aim is to just keep fish and share the poison with other common hobbyists, regardless with club or not.

I do understand it's beyond those traits as it was an example for meepok. With only limited knowledge and resources, best way for a student like me is to learn through breeding, and raising of fries. I'm always open to learning and trying out new stuff to learn with hands on, then i can share with others. From pellets, water change ,etc, it's an ongoing thing.

Precisely online it's not everything and there's not much mentor around. If so easy, then the hobby has not challenges! TIO bo?:p

cheers,
chris

Hugoboss 01-02-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire87 (Post 8246921)
hi hugoboss,
Appreciate your advice. A very important consideration which i don't not want to enter a club is due to the massive amount of politics. My aim is to just keep fish and share the poison with other common hobbyists, regardless with club or not.

I do understand it's beyond those traits as it was an example for meepok. With only limited knowledge and resources, best way for a student like me is to learn through breeding, and raising of fries. I'm always open to learning and trying out new stuff to learn with hands on, then i can share with others. From pellets, water change ,etc, it's an ongoing thing.

Precisely online it's not everything and there's not much mentor around. If so easy, then the hobby has not challenges! TIO bo?:p

cheers,
chris

Hi Fire87,

I suggest to get in there and see if it is true. There will be a time whereby everyone accepts the good/bad of each members but be positive.

Pardon me, if you have good foundation of ranchu and your aim is to spread this hobby around, only then, it'll flourish. From those limitations you've mentioned, it'll not do you any good to aimlessly try here try there, imho, it's so ineffective and inefficient. Eg. You have good grooming skills but do not have a good line ranchu, some traits of the ranchu will not show up and you'll begin to question your technique even if it is actually the right one, vice versa. In short, you lose focus and direction.

Without zeroing, there will be no marksmen. You will be shooting everywhere except the target. In short, blind leading blind, all blind. (i'm in a joking mood):D:D:D

Happy New Year!!!:)

Buzzer898 01-02-2011 06:42 PM

Hi,

very nice and cute.......thanks for sharing...

chris 01-02-2011 07:36 PM

I'm a hobbyist who just love to keep all kinds of fishes. The most enjoyable part of course to me is breeding and spawning. Many friends who know me, will know that I have spawn flowerhorn, betta, guppy, platty and goldfish.

This thread is about my breeding and spawning....so let's begin the journey....:p

I have friends and newbies asking how to spawn, err.... would love to show you but both hands are busy rubbing the fish. Very sorry for that.

But many times question also ask...how do you see that the eggs are fertilised? Well, this morning I have a good spawn and I'm going to post the daily progress of the eggs development until they are hatch.

Day 1 - 10 hrs after I have strip off the eggs from the female fish. The eggs picture is taken without water. :p
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/IMG_0613.jpg

BuTLeR 01-02-2011 09:09 PM

nice one chris !!! you're back!!!!!

chris 01-02-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuTLeR (Post 8248670)
nice one chris !!! you're back!!!!!

Thanks....how abt u? :D