Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment/DIY discussion (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   AquaPharm PUR-II (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146926)

limpc 20-09-2004 03:20 PM

AquaPharm PUR-II

Hi,

Anyone use this product before ? Comments please.
You can find info here

Thanks

neokn 20-09-2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpc
Hi,

Anyone use this product before ? Comments please.
You can find info here

Thanks

I'm using these. Clears up the water pretty fast after I throw in the bag. What's the problem are you facing?

limpc 20-09-2004 06:34 PM

Well, trying other means of controlling the NO3 which currently running at 50ppm. Also battling with hair algae.

THanks

neokn 20-09-2004 06:39 PM

Sorry, no test kit to test NO3. Thus can really tell, but I do have to battle with hair aglae.

I bought it to clear my water as @ 1 pt my water was getting dark or was it milky?????? Anyway, it does it job that I bought it for. Don't know whether will it solve your problem on high NO3.

nim75sg 20-09-2004 06:58 PM

To battle hair algae ... let the Hermit Crab do the job. ;)

limpc 20-09-2004 10:43 PM

I have one hermit crab but super lazy. Or should I intro more hermit crabs to create competition for food ?
Bought a algae blenny but still not doing its work.
Tomorrow I plan a black out day for my tank.

Any other method ?

iori_del 20-09-2004 10:44 PM

Aquastar was selling $12 and if u buy 2 bottles of seachurm(??) then u get one free...

i am using, quite good.

limpc 20-09-2004 11:45 PM

what's this seachurm you are referring ?

KaLiB 21-09-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpc
I have one hermit crab but super lazy. Or should I intro more hermit crabs to create competition for food ?
Bought a algae blenny but still not doing its work.
Tomorrow I plan a black out day for my tank.

Any other method ?

I think lawnmower blennies do not feed on hair algae. You can try Tangs provided your tank is big enough(min. 3x1.5x1.5), heard they munch on hair algae.

What about providing more information about the system like number of LRs, sandbed depth, grade of sand used etc.? There might be something that we can suggest to try to help you reduce the nitrates besides using pur-II.

limpc 21-09-2004 10:10 AM

Thanks for your assistance.

I have more or less narrowed down to excessive top-up water I use daily. The water is merely tap water left overnight with anti-chlorine solution. Since I am using fans to cool the tank (4ft), u can easily imagine the evaporation rate and hence the phospate introduction. Already using Seachem PhosGuard and also trying out AquaPharm Instant Mud. Though I'm seeing improvement on the algae condition, but still cannot eliminate totally.

The hair algae has stop the growth and spreading of my beloved star polyps on the LR.

Heard that dosing of Kalk at night can help to reduce Phosphate, true ?

PC