Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ranchu Spotted?? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35578)

egstring 10-11-2002 06:11 PM

Ranchu Spotted??

to all fellow RANCHU lover, kindly post place and selling price of any LFS that sells quality ranchu and their prices.......i will start the ball rolling......

1)black Thai Ranchu - RAINBOW at Serangoon North $60 per pc

2) Red/WHite Thai Ranchu- Long Hu Aquarium at Serangoon North
$80 per pc

aw_i 12-11-2002 01:52 AM

black ranchu $32, C328

Xerovix 12-11-2002 07:28 PM

small little ranchu at i think $1.80 from yishun blk807.

Username 12-11-2002 11:30 PM

Golden ranchu at Bedok Teck something. Beside the restaurent near Bedok 85. $8 for one. Ask the uncle got others and he told me it's the best ranchu and want to play ranchu must get this type. Walk off the store after that.:cool:

LASERGUY 13-11-2002 01:42 AM

Re: Ranchu Spotted??

Quote:

Originally posted by egstring
to all fellow RANCHU lover, kindly post place and selling price of any LFS that sells quality ranchu and their prices.......i will start the ball rolling......

1)black Thai Ranchu - RAINBOW at Serangoon North $60 per pc

2) Red/WHite Thai Ranchu- Long Hu Aquarium at Serangoon North
$80 per pc

My advice is not to buy any ranchu from Rainbow. They are also just another con shop like TRP. Look at those bigger ranchu at their main display tub, stated as Japanese Ranchu and selling at $1200 ! They are actually just normal chinese ranchu. You can get this size of chinese ranchu with better quality at Qian Hu or Mainland for about $100 ~ $300.
As for those black thai ranchu, you get them for $30 at fish farms at Seletar Farmway 2.
Don't remember Long Hu selling thai ranchu, may be will check them out this weekend. :)

egstring 13-11-2002 08:51 PM

went to a old mans shop at seletar west farmway 4 and bought a few small thai ranchu at $5 each. They are kept in concrete ponds and the old man is very frendly. Big ones at 3-4 inches are selling at $30 each. Only orange in colour, but very intense. Now looking for red/white ones.....anyone got lobang??

LASERGUY 14-11-2002 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by egstring
went to a old mans shop at seletar west farmway 4 and bought a few small thai ranchu at $5 each. They are kept in concrete ponds and the old man is very frendly. Big ones at 3-4 inches are selling at $30 each. Only orange in colour, but very intense. Now looking for red/white ones.....anyone got lobang??
Can't remember whether is it seletar west farmway 2 or 4 ? I have a strong feeling that we are refering to the same person. Is that farm just before "SUMMER KOI FARM" if coming from the main road? The entrance actually leads to two farms, both run by old men, and both selling ranchu + other fishes. These two farms are my main source of Thai and Chinese ranchu. Price is extremely reasonable compared to other LFS.

egstring 14-11-2002 08:24 PM

bInGo! U R RIGHT!!

Xerovix 14-11-2002 09:16 PM

gonna check out seletar farmway 4 this weekend... :)

dra9on 15-11-2002 05:48 AM

Quote:

gonna check out seletar farmway 4 this weekend

I wanna go also .. but no car ... my kakis with cars all into LHs or Aros .. none interested to go see kim her ...
:(

How to go there by bus ?