Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Pellet training new BD pup (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538964)

Squid 21-11-2017 10:24 PM

Pellet training new BD pup

Just got myself another BD pup a few days ago.
He's eating small shrimps and also frozen fish.

I want to get him also on massivore , my routine is massivore i feed in the morning to my rays and frozen fish or shrimps at night. that way they are fed 2 x a day.

i've been able to get my other rays on massivore using the soak method.

was wondering if I dont do the soak and just drop the massivore, i can get this pup to take massivore too? how many would you guys try for pup this size?
the P14 he is with does take massivore already.
i was thinking its faster to just drop Massivore than preparing Massivore soaked in blood worm juice

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Aro77 21-11-2017 10:43 PM

Beautiful new ray u have there bro! younger rays are easier to convert and your P14 is already taking pellets. just drop some in and he will likely try to eat the pellets as he would want to compete with the P14. keep us updated, Good Luck!

wllm33 21-11-2017 11:35 PM

beautiful ray. the bigger is also p14? spots look different .
very tempting to try keeping.
can share water parameters to keep alive ? thnks:)

Squid 22-11-2017 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 10004049)
Beautiful new ray u have there bro! younger rays are easier to convert and your P14 is already taking pellets. just drop some in and he will likely try to eat the pellets as he would want to compete with the P14. keep us updated, Good Luck!

thanks bro :) hoping he starts to take pellets soon . I'm a little nervous due to his size :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wllm33 (Post 10004053)
beautiful ray. the bigger is also p14? spots look different .
very tempting to try keeping.
can share water parameters to keep alive ? thnks:)

oh bigger spot is BD :)
just make sure no ammonia, nitrite . Ph i've been keeping in 7.5 :)
I do water changes 1-2 times a week .Bds are quite hardy i think, P14 i've read a little more sensitive , but so far mine seems to be doing well :)

wllm33 22-11-2017 10:13 PM

thnks for the id and info.
then, the smaller spots is ? strain.
and given same size which of the 2 is more $$:)
thnks

wllm33 22-11-2017 10:14 PM

sorry , saw the title after. it is p14:o

SantaMonicaHelp 23-11-2017 09:07 AM

Beautiful pups!

-Kamran

Squid 27-11-2017 04:48 PM

just treated with Prazi for prevention.

Aro77 30-11-2017 12:25 PM

hows the pellet conversion going bro squid :)

btw does the pellets you give make their spots turn a different colour, due to the colour enhancer in it?

Squid 02-12-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 10004594)
hows the pellet conversion going bro squid :)

btw does the pellets you give make their spots turn a different colour, due to the colour enhancer in it?

hi Bro :)

So far the new BD still stubborn,
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

these are my older bds, they eat pellets. so far have not noticed change in color.
YouTube Video

here is the new pup still ignoring the massivore.

YouTube Video

i'll try to mix the pellets with mp .