Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Freshwater Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Thick Bar NTT vs 3 Bar IT (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508340)

limrr 03-04-2013 01:25 AM

Thick Bar NTT vs 3 Bar IT

Anyone has switched to the recent batch of thick bar NTT. They are so stable and easy to train to take mp not those above 4 inches. I have bought 6 of them. I think they are confirmed cleaned rather than those mini 3 bar IT which grow up to become unclean or unstable . Other than SDS , I think it is a better deal than IT.

eNox 03-04-2013 01:26 AM

can post pic mah? want see leh. thick de ntt :o

radiolite22 03-04-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limrr (Post 9349230)
Anyone has switched to the recent batch of thick bar NTT. They are so stable and easy to train to take mp not those above 4 inches. I have bought 6 of them. I think they are confirmed cleaned rather than those mini 3 bar IT which grow up to become unclean or unstable . Other than SDS , I think it is a better deal than IT.

NTT has been around for a long time... It is not a favored type of tiger fish amongst the rest (compared to ST and IT) due to its thin bar...

However, the recent breed of thick bar NTT has attracted much attention and lotsa farms (local or those oversea) tries to pass them off as young ST in order to fetch a higher price...

An NTT is still an NTT... Experienced keepers can tell immediately especially young NTTs. So far haven seen the thick bar NTT when they grow above 12" so can't comment how they will turn out in terms of the proportion of their bars to their base colour. A fact is NTTs are indeed more stable than ITs but I feel their black bars tends to be lighter in colour and body base colour too light... That's why overall the fish may feel "pale" to the look.

Worth it or not its up to individual... Some people may find paying a few grands for an ST is worth it while others may find it otherwise... ;)

Just my thoughts...

mrnyunus 03-04-2013 02:58 AM

Agree..supply n demand work hand in hand in most modern trades,A specific species are genred to their specific sceintific name/s given..so ya a ntt is a ntt or ngt is ngt ,thicked barred or not thats the farms who cld genetically alter fish or x breed to suit global demand..
I'm a conservative,my livestocks are as such too..just my pennys worth:D

mshak 03-04-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnyunus (Post 9349281)
Agree..supply n demand work hand in hand in most modern trades,A specific species are genred to their specific sceintific name/s given..so ya a ntt is a ntt or ngt is ngt ,thicked barred or not thats the farms who cld genetically alter fish or x breed to suit global demand..
I'm a conservative,my livestocks are as such too..just my pennys worth:D

i concur with u

Mini ITs also prone to sds i realise as i tried keeping before death rate as high as ntt lo sighz =(

anyway i never seen so called thick bar NTT grow up the bar is still as thick de lo if any one see before please update me this noobie

but for me any tiger i keep except ngt as its too overly territorial n aggresive to other tigers ler thus still hoping to have a dedicated tank for all tigers =) only comm friendly ngt allowed but hard to find LOL

betppl 03-04-2013 09:04 AM

IMO those so called "thick bar" Ntt are just normal Ntt. Just a marketing gimmick to satisfy the market craving for thick bar tiger fishes.

Ntt are definitely much brighter than IT even when unstable. Both types are a joy to watch.

TRIX 03-04-2013 09:34 AM

How thick can it be from recent batch of NTT? Any pics?:confused:
What I have seen at lfs are just still just normal NTT.

Kamiluddin 03-04-2013 10:17 AM

Anyone here care to share some picture of the thick bar NTT

Nevin 03-04-2013 11:42 AM

Yes, love to see the pic of "thick bar" NTT:D

cher boon 03-04-2013 11:57 AM

Ntt sds also occur at big size like 12inc that why don't so favourable to most tiger senior here.