Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   $5/- TVR - Wait long long (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246252)

Ranchu Lover 14-07-2006 10:40 AM

$5/- TVR - Wait long long

I bought this 8 cm long ranchu on the 12th July 2006 while bringing a fellow forumer (RG) from the UK, to go oranda hunting. I ended up buying this little fellow for $5/- from a LFS in Serangoon North Ave 2. This LFS is located beside Edmund Tan Vet. I also bought another lionchu for $25/- from Pasir Ris Farmway (will post this one at another time).

Why I bought this ranchu is to determine if it is possible to buy a TVR for $5/- from a Singapore LFS and groom it into a decent TVR.

The shop boss was trying very hard to convince me that there is a great difference between this batch of $5/- ranchu and the $3/- ones that he had in a tank just beside this one. Frankly I was already very happy that he was offering them for only $5/-. There were about 6 pieces of ranchus left in the tank and this one looks like it has a great future ahead.

Apart from some minor skin problem and gill fluke attack, this little fellow seems active and has a very beautiful and powerful swimming posture. Sign of a "future champion" or WAIT LONG LONG

Please comment!

SUPR 14-07-2006 11:25 AM

Wa,gd deal leh.Looks promising.Gd luck bro.:)

Ray Ng 14-07-2006 12:34 PM

Its sight has to be clear and bright, to grow. May the Ranchu force be with you! :)

Nemo2 14-07-2006 12:53 PM

5 dollar!!!!! Wow good luck man.... thou many will say its more like a SVR now but under u hmmm who knows...... if i chance upon i also will give a try!! Nothing to lose but 5 bucks and abit of effort..... and if it really becomes..... the n priceless!!! Good luck Uncle RL!!:D

crossdiscus 14-07-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
I bought this 8 cm long ranchu on the 12th July 2006 while bringing a fellow forumer (RG) from the UK, to go oranda hunting. I ended up buying this little fellow for $5/- from a LFS in Serangoon North Ave 2. This LFS is located beside Edmund Tan Vet. I also bought another lionchu for $25/- from Pasir Ris Farmway (will post this one at another time).

Why I bought this ranchu is to determine if it is possible to buy a TVR for $5/- from a Singapore LFS and groom it into a decent TVR.

The shop boss was trying very hard to convince me that there is a great difference between this batch of $5/- ranchu and the $3/- ones that he had in a tank just beside this one. Frankly I was already very happy that he was offering them for only $5/-. There were about 6 pieces of ranchus left in the tank and this one looks like it has a great future ahead.

Apart from some minor skin problem and gill fluke attack, this little fellow seems active and has a very beautiful and powerful swimming posture. Sign of a "future champion" or WAIT LONG LONG

Please comment!

gd deal.....looks nice.:D

FieryBetta 14-07-2006 02:54 PM

brudder, pump it up for 1 week and post photo !

Backslash 14-07-2006 03:15 PM

I am sure you can groom it well. Very nice. No wonder you are called Ranchu Lover. hehehe.

fireblade 14-07-2006 03:27 PM

I thought have a before and after photo to compare.. :P
will wait for the after photo then.. :D
To me, it looks nice

IKI 14-07-2006 05:03 PM

Only time will tel bro...........cheers

LauLanChu 14-07-2006 05:58 PM

Show sideview, bro :)