Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small Animals and Birds (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Dog Owners - What are you feeding? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538873)

satan_gal 04-10-2017 11:22 AM

Dog Owners - What are you feeding?

Come.. let's share share what we feed our dogs.

My girls... one had mast cell removed... so no histamine. Another allergy to grains (inc barley) - so no grains. No processed Chicken in their diet (by order of yours truely)

Currently on Acana Duck & Bartlett pear
Sometimes will switch to Go or Golden Harvest and at times Ziwipeak

amiidae 04-10-2017 11:37 AM

Fish for Dogs. I think only PLC stock them.

Rigil 04-10-2017 02:41 PM

Solid Gold, get the stocks from waterway point Pet lovers Center

satan_gal 04-10-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001511)
Solid Gold, get the stocks from waterway point Pet lovers Center

Which one? Long long ago i put puppy princess on Solid Gold for i think 2week - 1 mth.. the poo.... smelly and alot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiidae (Post 10001496)
Fish for Dogs. I think only PLC stock them.

IF I not wrong.. tats coz PLC is the distributor for Fish4Dogs

amiidae 04-10-2017 05:39 PM

oh ya.. we are quite old sch.. so we also feed Velcote to our dog. :D

http://pawsitivesensations.com/shop/...ain_28_172.jpg

satan_gal 05-10-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiidae (Post 10001522)
oh ya.. we are quite old sch.. so we also feed Velcote to our dog. :D

I largi old school. No supplements. If the coat shows changes, it simply means something wrong with the dog or the diet or the weather. :p

My black one.. within 1-2 day you can tell the quality of the food from the amt of fur shed, within 1 week can tell from difference in coat.

I feed pig tendons (those dried ones) as treats for them to chew/brush teeth. Full of natural collagen!

HuttShun 07-10-2017 01:25 AM

My shepherd was initially on Orijen Six Fish, but now switched to Taste of the Wild, the fish one.

llewellyn 07-10-2017 09:14 AM

Big dog diet.
Not feeding raw, slightly cooked.

xenshix2209 08-10-2017 03:10 PM

I give my furbro acana pacifica kibble with teaspoon of coconut oil and also my helper makes his weekly porridge with minced meat etc lean meat of pork and add in some veggies etc carrots or broccoli. Plus he share fruits with me etc mango or apples.

Rigil 08-10-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001513)
Which one? Long long ago i put puppy princess on Solid Gold for i think 2week - 1 mth.. the poo.... smelly and alot.

IF I not wrong.. tats coz PLC is the distributor for Fish4Dogs

Solid gold Holistique blend, not too bad leh.
Last time I feed the F4Dogs lamp then will stink the poo❢

satan_gal 09-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 10001613)
Big dog diet.
Not feeding raw, slightly cooked.

Ooo... U got try before Primal?
My 2 old ladies the older the get the weaker their tummies get.
These days cannot Raw or HCF too much else will LS all the way :(

satan_gal 09-10-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001692)
Solid gold Holistique blend, not too bad leh.
Last time I feed the F4Dogs lamp then will stink the poo❢

I remember Fish 4 dogs.
the girls' poo got very much softer.. so i changed away.

I think I've been through most of the kibbles in the mkt over the last coming 16 years liao.

Rigil 09-10-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001727)
I remember Fish 4 dogs.
the girls' poo got very much softer.. so i changed away.

I think I've been through most of the kibbles in the mkt over the last coming 16 years liao.

waaa haha thats quite a long time! my oldest is only 9years! we changed afew too!

started of from eukanuba casue i got all my boys from pet movers pasir ris

satan_gal 09-10-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001750)
waaa haha thats quite a long time! my oldest is only 9years! we changed afew too!

started of from eukanuba casue i got all my boys from pet movers pasir ris

eukanuba.... I fed lamb and rice once upon a time..

the high QUANTITY poo STINKS........ and dog gain weight fast!

Usually I based on a few things

1. Ingredients - The list of stuff my girls dun eat due to allergy or histamine stuff..
2. Amt of poop - the more means more fillers/undigested by the body
3. Texture of poop - Yes.. I'm the type of disgusting owners tat pick poop and can have lunch/dinner wif my doggy friends and we have poop discussion.
4. Amt of shedding - Needless to say.. both my girls sheds. But on some brands... they tend to shed more
5. Fur quality - The black one very very obvious. The other one.. need to get past the matts and fluff tat needs brushing (ask her owner do!)
6. Pocket Friendly - As much as I wish I could feed them ziwipeak all the time (seriously, I fed them for 1 mth as a special treat coz of some promo/bonus/diobeybio), my normal pocket simply can't afford it.

On a side note.. the girls seem to do well on crocodile meat...
I had a few pieces of frozen ones i bought for my ah gong and he dun wan eat liao so end up at my freezer and i've no time to cook... so feed them when out of kibbles.

Strangely no laosai..

llewellyn 10-10-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001726)
Ooo... U got try before Primal?
My 2 old ladies the older the get the weaker their tummies get.
These days cannot Raw or HCF too much else will LS all the way :(

Feed raw will diarrhea.
Must cook it.
Now still looking for alternatives.
Trying to do away with dry food.

satan_gal 10-10-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 10001784)
Feed raw will diarrhea.
Must cook it.
Now still looking for alternatives.
Trying to do away with dry food.

Try adding probiotics to their diet?

It helps for my case.... but den hor... as they age.... the iron cast tummy also start to weaken liao

I used to buy frozen beef in bulk.. den add my own fiber and offals and bones to try to bal out the diet.. and den i got more and more lazy :p:D

Why wan do away with dry food leh?

llewellyn 10-10-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001791)
Why wan do away with dry food leh?

Dry food is very convenient to feed and 'full of nutrients' but it's actually processed food.
It's the same with human food, always try to eat as natural and unprocessed as possible...

ThErMuS 11-10-2017 11:57 AM

i feed acana..

then in the evening, i will cook minced pork, beef with carrot, potatoes, peas, long beans and corns (the vegetable are bought frozen from ntuc)

just steam it and feed.

Rigil 11-10-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001752)
eukanuba.... I fed lamb and rice once upon a time..

the high QUANTITY poo STINKS........ and dog gain weight fast!

Usually I based on a few things

1. Ingredients - The list of stuff my girls dun eat due to allergy or histamine stuff..
2. Amt of poop - the more means more fillers/undigested by the body
3. Texture of poop - Yes.. I'm the type of disgusting owners tat pick poop and can have lunch/dinner wif my doggy friends and we have poop discussion.
4. Amt of shedding - Needless to say.. both my girls sheds. But on some brands... they tend to shed more
5. Fur quality - The black one very very obvious. The other one.. need to get past the matts and fluff tat needs brushing (ask her owner do!)
6. Pocket Friendly - As much as I wish I could feed them ziwipeak all the time (seriously, I fed them for 1 mth as a special treat coz of some promo/bonus/diobeybio), my normal pocket simply can't afford it.

On a side note.. the girls seem to do well on crocodile meat...
I had a few pieces of frozen ones i bought for my ah gong and he dun wan eat liao so end up at my freezer and i've no time to cook... so feed them when out of kibbles.

Strangely no laosai..

#3 - me too my boys poo in the toilet floor, and i will just use me hands to pick it up to the toilet bowl lol. My boys one should be alright la, judging and agar agar from our pop! haha

#4 - for my beagle also shed like mad! got to get my maid to vacumm 2 - 3 times a day.

satan_gal 11-10-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001877)
#4 - for my beagle also shed like mad! got to get my maid to vacumm 2 - 3 times a day.

U wan consider change diet mai...
I think u in punggol now rite? I can pass you some Acana to try... :D:D:D

satan_gal 11-10-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThErMuS (Post 10001874)
carrot, potatoes, peas, long beans and corns .

Pwah.. your dog can digest ar?
I will see all these esp corn in the poop coming out intact lor

Rigil 11-10-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001884)
U wan consider change diet mai...
I think u in punggol now rite? I can pass you some Acana to try... :D:D:D

Acana!! doesnt it really help with the hair drops! haha

yes mam, im in punggol for a year now!

satan_gal 11-10-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001892)
Acana!! doesnt it really help with the hair drops! haha

yes mam, im in punggol for a year now!

U try la... try liao den u know difference.

U know hor.. fur is ALOT when you talk abt a Mongrel (Dbl coated coz lab blood) and a Husky...

So yes... changes in food affect the amt of fur dropped.

I think we have a num of kakis here who feed Acana also...

And oh yes.. their latest range of treats...
DUN FEED TOO MUCH!!!
It's mainly liver... so... Excessive treats = soft poop.
Max = 1 pc/day for the old women in my household.. i fed 2 pc on the day i opened.... pwah..... nxt day regret big time.

Let me know if you're keen to meet up ya. Just tat my old ladies might not be comfortable with young dogs coz energy can't keep up and the black one is now deaf and goin slightly blind.

amiidae 11-10-2017 08:08 PM

I dont think there is no 1 fit all type of food.

It depends very much on the breed and condition of the pet... plus the owner's preference.

My dog has sensitive skin and allergy to beef, pork, chicken etc.. oh ya.. also sensitive to Heartgard... but have no issue with fish4dog - salmon / white fish... and the vet change it to Revolution drip...

no issue with the poo.. btw, mine is Italian greyhound fm Aust.

satan_gal 12-10-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiidae (Post 10001897)
I dont think there is no 1 fit all type of food.

It depends very much on the breed and condition of the pet... plus the owner's preference.

My dog has sensitive skin and allergy to beef, pork, chicken etc.. oh ya.. also sensitive to Heartgard... but have no issue with fish4dog - salmon / white fish... and the vet change it to Revolution drip...

no issue with the poo.. btw, mine is Italian greyhound fm Aust.

This I agree.
And also why I keep tryin out new food and switch ard every now and den.

In fact I still switch ard. Other brands I feed on rotation basis -
GO
Golden Harvest

Btw hor... i realised hor... everytime i use revolution or frontline or any of those stuff, my girls tend to have skin issues.

Rigil 12-10-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001894)
U try la... try liao den u know difference.

U know hor.. fur is ALOT when you talk abt a Mongrel (Dbl coated coz lab blood) and a Husky...

So yes... changes in food affect the amt of fur dropped.

I think we have a num of kakis here who feed Acana also...

And oh yes.. their latest range of treats...
DUN FEED TOO MUCH!!!
It's mainly liver... so... Excessive treats = soft poop.
Max = 1 pc/day for the old women in my household.. i fed 2 pc on the day i opened.... pwah..... nxt day regret big time.

Let me know if you're keen to meet up ya. Just tat my old ladies might not be comfortable with young dogs coz energy can't keep up and the black one is now deaf and goin slightly blind.

sure thing neighbour! will let you know again, thank you! Pm me your number.

ThErMuS 12-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001887)
Pwah.. your dog can digest ar?
I will see all these esp corn in the poop coming out intact lor

do see orange and yellow colors at times.. :rolleyes:

Soulmates 12-10-2017 05:13 PM

I give whatever is on sales and have quality I guess. I go to Sun Petgamart to stock up at least 6 months worth of kibbles.

The latest they are getting is Go! Lamb from B2K Warehouse Sales. Also Alps Natural from different protein sources.

But kibbles wise they're only getting 40% out of their whole diet; The rest are homecooked food (Chicken thigh, beef, fish etc.) or commercial homecooked food (Honest Kitchen), raw or commercial raw (Stella&Chewy, K9 Natural, Primal, NorthWest Natural, Small Batch). Supplement usually natural ones: (48 hours hydrated organic Chia Seeds, EVOO, Coconut Water, Spirulina, Turmeric).

Fruits: Apple, Blueberries, Strawberries, Bananas are mostly what I give them since we eat them a lot at home.

Water parade with Coconut Water like stated, chicken broth added into their food.

For my cats all same except no fruits-- They get canned food as well.

Treats wise I buy single-ingredient dehydrated/ freeze dried treats like Fuzzyard Supernatural, K9 Natural, Deer Deer, Absolute Bites, Vital Essential, Basic instinct, Zeal, Addiction etc. I also have dehydrator but hardly using since I haul a lot at warehouse sales and Expos.

Soulmates 12-10-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001916)
Btw hor... i realised hor... everytime i use revolution or frontline or any of those stuff, my girls tend to have skin issues.

I don't agree with using Revolution or Frontline faithfully every single month, the ticks around them will get immune, and imaging getting poison into their bloodstream every month, they will need to work very hard to dispose of the poison in them. Once per 3-4 months would be better, but I avoid using them altogether since my dogs don't go for walks.

If you're staying in landed etc. perhaps you can get Carrington dog's wash to clean around where the dogs are usually.

ethanleow 12-10-2017 05:31 PM

I feed acana regional pacifica to my poodle

shawnng79 12-10-2017 06:21 PM

daily meal is pedigree dry food + at least 1 pear or apple and 2 pcs of wholemeal bread

satan_gal 13-10-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulmates (Post 10001940)
I give whatever is on sales and have quality I guess. I go to Sun Petgamart to stock up at least 6 months worth of kibbles.

6 mths!!!!!!
I think if i need to carry 6 mths worth of food hme... I'll order from polypets wif free delivery might be cheaper.

But honestly.. Go is not bad.
Dunno y my girls can't seem to digest honest kitchen, i think they're weird (like the owner la...)

I PERSONALLY dun use Frontline/Revolution etc.. coz they get into the bloodstream and I dun care wad ppl say/claim.. is as good as injectin the dogs wif poison and den those critters die after they take the poison (ie suck blood).

I Do have a big bottle of carrington dog wash concentrate in the toilet for emergencies - When u kenna liao u die die have to use lor.

Last round of infestation i did an experiment - the bigger the critters, the longer it takes for them to die. Placed a big grey mama into a box of D.E. and to my horror.... she was struggling to spit out EGGS!!!! 3-4 ROUNDS of eggs before she died - ard 1 week later. Eggs din hatch - dunno if it's coz of DE or coz not ready to be spit out but it's DAMN SCARY!!!!

And I also tried those spray thingies.. Bio-something. Pwah... the critters played possum, den came back to life like.. MAGIC!!!
Even tried to apply frontline directly on one big fat critter and to my horror... it DIN DIE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Last time (10 yrs ago) - I dilute 1 cap carrington to 1lit of water (1/2 dosage) and the job gets done beautifully.
Last round - I had to give full dose and 3 cycles. And daily mopping with carrington. AND pluck.
AND even if frontline/revolution + Carrington, i actually found critter orgy parties on the damn husky still..3-4 all grouped together on top of each other like stacko sucking away..:eek::eek::mad:

They are getting stronger and stronger...

Soulmates 15-10-2017 02:56 AM

Satan; You can try Eradicate!
From B2K, green can. But I think only Groomers' Art having them right now.
I was hoarded by ticks (before I know about Carrington) and they worked wonder. Cleared off allllll my ticks at home! I used quite a few cans though!
But the key is MUST personally hand pick ticks out from your dogs at least twice a day. I had 4 dogs, so imagine the horror. And I never shaved them down.
& Yes I stopped Revolution and Frontline many years ago-- Ticks get immune to them, it's very bad for the dogs blahblahblah.

shawnng79 - Err... Pedigree is chunk loaded with preservatives, colourings and by-products that are not food grade at all. They also never label the meat sources, which can easily be any kind of meats (Yes, roadkills, rats, you name them). Bread is also not advisable to feed to dogs.

satan_gal 16-10-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulmates (Post 10002147)
Satan; You can try Eradicate

CHOY CHOY CHOY!!!!

These days my old women are too old to get anything!!!!
And hor... i think depend on wad breed also la..
1 husky with super thick fluffy coat (part & parcel of the pedigree) can realllly make tick combing a hassle