Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small Animals and Birds (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Dog Owners - What are you feeding? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538873)

satan_gal 11-10-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThErMuS (Post 10001874)
carrot, potatoes, peas, long beans and corns .

Pwah.. your dog can digest ar?
I will see all these esp corn in the poop coming out intact lor

Rigil 11-10-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001884)
U wan consider change diet mai...
I think u in punggol now rite? I can pass you some Acana to try... :D:D:D

Acana!! doesnt it really help with the hair drops! haha

yes mam, im in punggol for a year now!

satan_gal 11-10-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigil (Post 10001892)
Acana!! doesnt it really help with the hair drops! haha

yes mam, im in punggol for a year now!

U try la... try liao den u know difference.

U know hor.. fur is ALOT when you talk abt a Mongrel (Dbl coated coz lab blood) and a Husky...

So yes... changes in food affect the amt of fur dropped.

I think we have a num of kakis here who feed Acana also...

And oh yes.. their latest range of treats...
DUN FEED TOO MUCH!!!
It's mainly liver... so... Excessive treats = soft poop.
Max = 1 pc/day for the old women in my household.. i fed 2 pc on the day i opened.... pwah..... nxt day regret big time.

Let me know if you're keen to meet up ya. Just tat my old ladies might not be comfortable with young dogs coz energy can't keep up and the black one is now deaf and goin slightly blind.

amiidae 11-10-2017 08:08 PM

I dont think there is no 1 fit all type of food.

It depends very much on the breed and condition of the pet... plus the owner's preference.

My dog has sensitive skin and allergy to beef, pork, chicken etc.. oh ya.. also sensitive to Heartgard... but have no issue with fish4dog - salmon / white fish... and the vet change it to Revolution drip...

no issue with the poo.. btw, mine is Italian greyhound fm Aust.

satan_gal 12-10-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiidae (Post 10001897)
I dont think there is no 1 fit all type of food.

It depends very much on the breed and condition of the pet... plus the owner's preference.

My dog has sensitive skin and allergy to beef, pork, chicken etc.. oh ya.. also sensitive to Heartgard... but have no issue with fish4dog - salmon / white fish... and the vet change it to Revolution drip...

no issue with the poo.. btw, mine is Italian greyhound fm Aust.

This I agree.
And also why I keep tryin out new food and switch ard every now and den.

In fact I still switch ard. Other brands I feed on rotation basis -
GO
Golden Harvest

Btw hor... i realised hor... everytime i use revolution or frontline or any of those stuff, my girls tend to have skin issues.

Rigil 12-10-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001894)
U try la... try liao den u know difference.

U know hor.. fur is ALOT when you talk abt a Mongrel (Dbl coated coz lab blood) and a Husky...

So yes... changes in food affect the amt of fur dropped.

I think we have a num of kakis here who feed Acana also...

And oh yes.. their latest range of treats...
DUN FEED TOO MUCH!!!
It's mainly liver... so... Excessive treats = soft poop.
Max = 1 pc/day for the old women in my household.. i fed 2 pc on the day i opened.... pwah..... nxt day regret big time.

Let me know if you're keen to meet up ya. Just tat my old ladies might not be comfortable with young dogs coz energy can't keep up and the black one is now deaf and goin slightly blind.

sure thing neighbour! will let you know again, thank you! Pm me your number.

ThErMuS 12-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001887)
Pwah.. your dog can digest ar?
I will see all these esp corn in the poop coming out intact lor

do see orange and yellow colors at times.. :rolleyes:

Soulmates 12-10-2017 05:13 PM

I give whatever is on sales and have quality I guess. I go to Sun Petgamart to stock up at least 6 months worth of kibbles.

The latest they are getting is Go! Lamb from B2K Warehouse Sales. Also Alps Natural from different protein sources.

But kibbles wise they're only getting 40% out of their whole diet; The rest are homecooked food (Chicken thigh, beef, fish etc.) or commercial homecooked food (Honest Kitchen), raw or commercial raw (Stella&Chewy, K9 Natural, Primal, NorthWest Natural, Small Batch). Supplement usually natural ones: (48 hours hydrated organic Chia Seeds, EVOO, Coconut Water, Spirulina, Turmeric).

Fruits: Apple, Blueberries, Strawberries, Bananas are mostly what I give them since we eat them a lot at home.

Water parade with Coconut Water like stated, chicken broth added into their food.

For my cats all same except no fruits-- They get canned food as well.

Treats wise I buy single-ingredient dehydrated/ freeze dried treats like Fuzzyard Supernatural, K9 Natural, Deer Deer, Absolute Bites, Vital Essential, Basic instinct, Zeal, Addiction etc. I also have dehydrator but hardly using since I haul a lot at warehouse sales and Expos.

Soulmates 12-10-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 10001916)
Btw hor... i realised hor... everytime i use revolution or frontline or any of those stuff, my girls tend to have skin issues.

I don't agree with using Revolution or Frontline faithfully every single month, the ticks around them will get immune, and imaging getting poison into their bloodstream every month, they will need to work very hard to dispose of the poison in them. Once per 3-4 months would be better, but I avoid using them altogether since my dogs don't go for walks.

If you're staying in landed etc. perhaps you can get Carrington dog's wash to clean around where the dogs are usually.

ethanleow 12-10-2017 05:31 PM

I feed acana regional pacifica to my poodle