Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   breeding diary (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496446)

Beerman 01-08-2012 07:35 PM

Nobody know, lets pray! :)

RELAX 01-08-2012 07:38 PM

i let the pair continue to stay together since no fighting sighted and they take turn fanning those eggs.

by second day evening,as expected some eggs turn pale white in colour,result not bad,seem 80% are good.

next morning to my horror,the remaining 80%seem not charming,most of them turning white too.my heart sank:(

before evening all are white and i am moody,the male is infertile:mad:
the female still hopelessly fanning those spoil eggs

Ong88 02-08-2012 01:27 AM

Try again bro. Very nice couple.

If second spawn still all unfertilized, contact BubbleBubble or me to help the third try.

KAO LUO 02-08-2012 11:43 AM

maybe male fish cannot work .,.,

iscariot 02-08-2012 09:04 PM

If after few tries dun work, try changing male. :)

RELAX 29-08-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman (Post 9096387)
Nobody know, lets pray! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ong88 (Post 9096831)
Try again bro. Very nice couple.

If second spawn still all unfertilized, contact BubbleBubble or me to help the third try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAO LUO (Post 9097145)
maybe male fish cannot work .,.,

Quote:

Originally Posted by iscariot (Post 9097770)
If after few tries dun work, try changing male. :)

surprisingly this thread still avail,many days ago went missing as i wanted to continue the diary,.......will continue now:)

RELAX 29-08-2012 02:53 PM

unknowingly the female actually manage to pick up and transfer the surviving fries to the flowerpot base not far from the spawning spots where almost 90% of eggs are spoil.

the percentage of spoil eggs are painfully high as compare to my kamfa species which is 80-90% success.

i ask myself why,both species setup are the same,why kamfa so good but dragon so poor??:confused:

RELAX 29-08-2012 02:57 PM

when the fries are big enough to be counted,they are less than 110 pieces if i remember correctly.

well i thought maybe the male is a first timer,so i waited for the second spawn patiently,.....but the second spawn got worst,.....counted less than 60 pieces :(

RELAX 29-08-2012 03:07 PM

meantime my kamfa was breeding like mad,almost every 3wks one batch of 400fries success rate.

infact my kamfa are so successful that i intentionally kill off(wipe out)about 2-3 batches of fries before they learn to swim.

later stage of breeding the dragon pair,i force the female to lay eggs on flowerpot with curve rather than on flat glass surface(meaning,whenever she started fanning the flat site,i keep disturbing her until she gaveup on the site)

true enough,with a curve pattern breeding site,the success rate improve to hit 200plus plus fries:)

hijackng 29-08-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RELAX (Post 9127269)
meantime my kamfa was breeding like mad,almost every 3wks one batch of 400fries success rate.

infact my kamfa are so successful that i intentionally kill off(wipe out)about 2-3 batches of fries before they learn to swim.

later stage of breeding the dragon pair,i force the female to lay eggs on flowerpot with curve rather than on flat glass surface(meaning,whenever she started fanning the flat site,i keep disturbing her until she gaveup on the site)

true enough,with a curve pattern breeding site,the success rate improve to hit 200plus plus fries:)

Interesting input about curve breeding site. Thanks for sharing.