Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   All about Denitrator (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303571)

atom 07-10-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silane (Post 5544984)
Hi atom,

Great thread, you have there.

3 questions for you:
- what is the flowrate recommended?
- what is the high nitrate removal rate you have achieved and what is the typical nitrate removal rate for a setup?
- is deniball a must? or just good to have? Does it help to performance better?

Thank.

1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.

atom 07-10-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagore (Post 5545073)
good morning. :D

Hello, you are still awake?:D

Koji™ 07-10-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom (Post 5545097)
1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.

Build me for 6 footer tank then bro:p

chamikara 07-10-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamikara (Post 5545091)
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?

[QUOTE=atom;5545097]1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.[/QUOTE]

Got my answer bro atom, Thanks..

atom 07-10-2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamikara (Post 5545091)
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?

Some examples of organic carbon source are alcohols (such as methyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol), organic acids (such as acetic acid) or other similar organic substances including sugars.:D

atom 07-10-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koji™ (Post 5545104)
Build me for 6 footer tank then bro:p

Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you. :D

Koji™ 07-10-2007 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom (Post 5545120)
Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you. :D

I will be waiting~:D

atom 07-10-2007 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koji™ (Post 5545127)
I will be waiting~:D

Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!:o

Koji™ 07-10-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom (Post 5545128)
Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!:o

hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too:D

atom 07-10-2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koji™ (Post 5545131)
hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too:D

Ahhh lidat can consider liao but but but....you got expensive aro inside? If something goes wrong, I cannot afford to pay.:o