Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Qian Hu (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Hydra Filter and Stream FAQ (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514288)

fdelity 04-03-2014 09:51 PM

Hi QH, i realised that the noise comes from the spinning rotor which is held by a stem. This stem is secured by 2 top & bottom black rubber caps, apparently the caps are worn-out (found a hole in them)

Are there replacements available for these black rubber caps?

Qian Hu 07-03-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdelity (Post 9636410)
Hi QH, i realised that the noise comes from the spinning rotor which is held by a stem. This stem is secured by 2 top & bottom black rubber caps, apparently the caps are worn-out (found a hole in them)

Are there replacements available for these black rubber caps?

Hi Bro,

Sincerely apologised for the late reply. You may bring your Hydra down to our farm retail shop and we will replace the rubber end cap for you.

Zechboy08 12-03-2014 06:21 AM

Electric current leak when using stem 1

Hi QH, I realised electric current leak from the stem 1 after I installed the stem. I have confirm the leak using a test pen. This stem is secured by the hanging outside the glass wall of the sump's last compartment. Is this normal as there is matel plate in the stem?

Qian Hu 13-03-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechboy08 (Post 9640704)
Hi QH, I realised electric current leak from the stem 1 after I installed the stem. I have confirm the leak using a test pen. This stem is secured by the hanging outside the glass wall of the sump's last compartment. Is this normal as there is matel plate in the stem?

Hi,

Kindly do bring it over to our retail shop in our farm and we will do a detail check for you. If it is due malfunction, we will replace a new unit for you. But will you be able to do a detail check using your test pen again and trace where the leakage is from as hydra stream is using very low power consumption of 0.5w just to power the electro plate. Thanks.

Zechboy08 14-03-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9641875)
Hi,

Kindly do bring it over to our retail shop in our farm and we will do a detail check for you. If it is due malfunction, we will replace a new unit for you. But will you be able to do a detail check using your test pen again and trace where the leakage is from as hydra stream is using very low power consumption of 0.5w just to power the electro plate. Thanks.

Hi QH,
I am not able to trace which part of hydra stream leakage is from. I manage to pin down the leakage from hydra stream by switching off and unplugged all other equipment in the tank and only hydra stream on. I hope this info helps.

Qian Hu 17-03-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechboy08 (Post 9642683)
Hi QH,
I am not able to trace which part of hydra stream leakage is from. I manage to pin down the leakage from hydra stream by switching off and unplugged all other equipment in the tank and only hydra stream on. I hope this info helps.

Hi,

Thanks alot for your additional information. Kindly to bring it back to us and we will have a detail check on it and if it is faulty, we will replace you with a new unit. Sorry for the inconvenices caused.

Kaien 21-05-2014 09:39 PM

Hi, will hydra kill off tannic acid? As I have boxwood and driftwood and ketapang leaves to soften water.

Thank you.

corvintheus 23-05-2014 03:55 PM

Hi, how many weeks running these to notice the change? I have been running this for a month with 160ppm and until now still 160ppm.

corvintheus 23-05-2014 04:00 PM

I will be in sg tomorrow until the may 27th. where can I buy the cartridge of hydra stream? Is still not available in my country since I am the first one having this filter.

Clamence 23-05-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvintheus (Post 9686708)
I will be in sg tomorrow until the may 27th. where can I buy the cartridge of hydra stream? Is still not available in my country since I am the first one having this filter.

Went to clementi last week, saw a few catridges at poly art. If you dont already know, there are a few fish shops at clementi block 328, u shud go check it out when u are here.