Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Gw Or Cw (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244593)

IKI 01-07-2006 02:59 PM

Gw Or Cw

Green water or clear water better??? I know its subjective, but i just wanna hear bros here say, whats ur opinion??? Personally I feel that green water is still the better......in terms of growth n health.....what do bros here think???

Runzhu 01-07-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
Green water or clear water better??? I know its subjective, but i just wanna hear bros here say, whats ur opinion??? Personally I feel that green water is still the better......in terms of growth n health.....what do bros here think???

you are starting the mother of all controversial fire. If ranchu lover and sotong king here then you will see what happen.
personally I using clear water but i believe green water has its merit.
how green is green? know it before using.

Backslash 01-07-2006 03:22 PM

Haha, bro RL will have alot to say about this!

Runzhu 01-07-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backslash
Haha, bro RL will have alot to say about this!

RL and SK will come equip with the most powerful weapon.

IKI 01-07-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runzhu
you are starting the mother of all controversial fire. If ranchu lover and sotong king here then you will see what happen.

Of course not intense green...............

Runzhu 01-07-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
Of course not intense green...............

how do you define intense green? is there a measurement gadget?

IKI 01-07-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

how do you define intense green? is there a measurement gadget?

*faint*..........

Runzhu 01-07-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
*faint*..........

What I read is tea leave green or "faint" as you prefered. hey, heard you cant cultivate GW huh? think you need to change the tube.

GHETTOKID 01-07-2006 03:45 PM

gw needs monitoring, if not your gfs might get oxygen burns from concentrated gw..

IKI 01-07-2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

What I read is tea leave green or "faint" as you prefered. hey, heard you cant cultivate GW huh? think you need to change the tube.

ya lo.....but change what tube???

IKI 01-07-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Oh u meant the lighting tube...... but still very bright leh...........

IKI 01-07-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHETTOKID
gw needs monitoring, if not your gfs might get oxygen burns from concentrated gw..

yes true...of course there will be advantages n disadvantages for using gw...thats y I need to hear coments from bro here........ so that we can learn n share;)

amigo 01-07-2006 04:23 PM

i always wonder how to see goldfish in green water.....

Backslash 01-07-2006 04:45 PM

Bro RL, where are you?? Need your expertise. Haha!

IKI 01-07-2006 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigo

Change water can see liao.............

Ranchu Lover 01-07-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

No need to fight or controvercy over this subject. The result of the goldfish will determine which is the better method. If you feel that GW is better, then use it. If you think that CW is better, then use it. Still got many many more competition coming and we can see which is better. Heard that there is a competition coming in November somewhere near Clementi MRT area. Better start getting all your fish ready. 5 more months to go.

Quote:

Bro RL, where are you?? Need your expertise. Haha!

I am not an expert, just another hobbyist like all of you. Goldfish will forever be a hobby to me and will never be my life. There are many many better things to do in life other than keeping goldfish.

You already know what I believe in. I will show you guys some of my fish at a later date for you to see how they have developed in CW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigo

Like this better don't keep goldfish. See GW enough liao.

For those who are interested to know my keeping method, you are very wellcome to my home (by appointment only because of my very busy schedule).

Backslash 01-07-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
I am not an expert, just another hobbyist like all of you. Goldfish will forever be a hobby to me and will never be my life. There are many many better things to do in life other than keeping goldfish.

You already know what I believe in. I will show you guys some of my fish at a later date for you to see how they have developed in CW.

Of cos I know your keeping after reading and seeing your gf. I am on your side though. So no pt keeping gf if you keep them in GW as you cant see them at all.:D

Runzhu 01-07-2006 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=Ranchu Lover]No need to fight or controvercy over this subject. The result of the goldfish will determine which is the better method. If you feel that GW is better, then use it. If you think that CW is better, then use it. Still got many many more competition coming and we can see which is better. Heard that there is a competition coming in November somewhere near Clementi MRT area. Better start getting all your fish ready. 5 more months to go.

I meant both have their merits but I still prefer clear water.

IKI 01-07-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Of cos I know your keeping after reading and seeing your gf. I am on your side though. So no pt keeping gf if you keep them in GW as you cant see them at all.:D

But others may think otherwise..........:D

IKI 01-07-2006 10:25 PM

For me I prefer Gw...... better growth n health....... back home from work also tired liao, never bother to see them also........ so only weekend when doing WC , den can see them..........heee:D

IKI 01-07-2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

No need to fight or controvercy over this subject. The result of the goldfish will determine which is the better method. If you feel that GW is better, then use it. If you think that CW is better, then use it. Still got many many more competition coming and we can see which is better. Heard that there is a competition coming in November somewhere near Clementi MRT area. Better start getting all your fish ready. 5 more months to go.

Like this better don't keep goldfish. See GW enough liao.

For those who are interested to know my keeping method, you are very wellcome to my home (by appointment only because of my very busy schedule).

Hmmmm....near clementi MRT??? got comp again???

Runzhu 01-07-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
For me I prefer Gw...... better growth n health....... back home from work also tired liao, never bother to see them also........ so only weekend when doing WC , den can see them..........heee:D

perhaps, you can tell me the advantages using youself as an example GW indoors other than better growth and health.

Sotong King 01-07-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI

Firstly, goldfish kept in gw are more healthy then why need to see them everyday.:) Only those who keep them in cw need to see - actually check them everyday because there is always problem.:o

Secondly, rarely do we see people using gw post of problem in this forum.:) But look through all the past threads, all those who posted of problems are the ones who keep goldfish in cw.:rolleyes:

Runzhu 01-07-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotong King
Firstly, goldfish kept in gw are more healthy then why need to see them everyday.:) Only those who keep them in cw need to see - actually check them everyday because there is always problem.:o

Secondly, rarely do we see people using gw post of problem in this forum.:) But look through all the past threads, all those who posted of problems are the ones who keep goldfish in cw.:rolleyes:

so at last you're here liao bro SK!

Runzhu 01-07-2006 11:03 PM

How can you said like that, some ppl have problem so switched to CW. And don forget many having problem because they are newbies.

Sotong King 01-07-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

How can you said like that, some ppl have problem so switched to CW. And don forget many having problem because they are newbies.

Hi, you mean gw got no newbie?:eek:

Runzhu 01-07-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Hi, you mean gw got no newbie?:eek:

got la less ma. more newbies will start with CW.

Ranchu Lover 01-07-2006 11:30 PM

If keeping goldfish is about seeing only GW then why bother to keep goldfish. Better off keeping GW. Everyday see geen in the water only.

Do my goldfish look lousy and sick? Don't forget that my $2/- pearlscale has been raised in CW from very young. I wonder what is happening to all those pearlscales that are raised in GW. I am sure that many many people are raising their pearlscales in GW as well. What happened to them?

I can only say that as far as I am concern, there is a better way and GW is not my way.

Sotong King 02-07-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Do my goldfish look lousy and sick? Don't forget that my $2/- pearlscale has been raised in CW from very young. I wonder what is happening to all those pearlscales that are raised in GW. I am sure that many many people are raising their pearlscales in GW as well. What happened to them?

Urh....I must admit having missed attending the competition:o You mean you were the only one who had won all the prizes in the Pearlscale category:eek: . Congratulation!:D

joelwong 02-07-2006 01:39 AM

pea soup not smelly meh?

Sotong King 02-07-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelwong
pea soup not smelly meh?

Those who have eaten durian will like it :) while those who didn't even try will consider it smelly:mad: .

IKI 02-07-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

got la less ma. more newbies will start with CW.

Bro I also newbie in gw leh...............

IKI 02-07-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

perhaps, you can tell me the advantages using youself as an example GW indoors other than better growth and health.

Firstly, which is most important....Fishes are more calm......less pressure

Secondly.....Fishes are better in colour.......

Thirdly......Fishes are better developed in terms of body shape......

Try it ypurself, u will find a diff.........
My 2 cents

IKI 02-07-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelwong
pea soup not smelly meh?

If u try it, u will like it................

Backslash 02-07-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
Firstly, which is most important....Fishes are more calm......less pressure

Secondly.....Fishes are better in colour.......

Thirdly......Fishes are better developed in terms of body shape......

Try it ypurself, u will find a diff.........
My 2 cents

Get one tank for GW and one for CW, so you will have both of best world.:D

IKI 02-07-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Get one tank for GW and one for CW, so you will have both of best world.:D

Ya true....but got space boh???:D

Backslash 02-07-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
Ya true....but got space boh???:D

Come on, you only have one tank? Should be more than that right? Sacrifice one lor.

Ranchu Lover 02-07-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Those who have eaten durian will like it :) while those who didn't even try will consider it smelly:mad: .

For those who only knows how to eat durian and nothing else will not know the many many other things that they are missing in life.

IKI 02-07-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Come on, you only have one tank? Should be more than that right? Sacrifice one lor.

Bro I really only one tub nia lo........

Ranchu Lover 02-07-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKI
Bro I really only one tub nia lo........

Buy one more lor!