Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   DIY DI Unit by Sealife (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166483)

spsman 27-01-2005 01:17 AM

to all bros

actually this cartridge filter is pretty similar to those used for the water coolers. except that the water coolers type is more expensive.
the price comes with the membrane used. In fact it is common to use the TFC (thin film composite) to filter tap water before intro to tank.

What Goh had intro is a gd pdt i suppose. i will find out more abt that later.

wlchew 27-01-2005 01:32 AM

I think I come across at C328 too.. ;) ..I thought it meant for FW :p

Sotong Ball 27-01-2005 02:34 AM

Tap Water Filter able to treat approx 200 - 300L only fm my experience. Cost wise in term of amt of water treated, i think RO+DI is more economical, last longer and able to remove almost 100% of impurities and dissolved solid compare to DI only. The setback on RO+DI is huge amt of waste water generated and unable to know when has it exhausted (might release minerals back to water if continue to use). I am thinking of adding only 1 stage of RO(membrane only) to increase the lifespan of DI but waste water is my concern.

Goh_TM 27-01-2005 02:44 AM

1 can pay more to run 2 unit in series. last time read that the americans got good results in running 2.

media exhaust more uniformly

devilfire 27-01-2005 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Sotong Ball. I am thinking of adding only 1 stage of RO(membrane only) to increase the lifespan of DI but waste water is my concern.[/QUOTE]

wat u mean by 1 stage?

soomin 27-01-2005 11:30 PM

Think you can diy the filter also, read from a diy website, you only need carbon, rowa & poly filter, just let the tap water flow thru it.
BTW, i am using (years ago, bought for my aro at the beginning) the tap water filter mentioned by bro Goh, so far so good.

nicky30092002 28-01-2005 02:44 AM

think hor I MUST go source some Lab grade resin liao ..

this one sound correct? :p
Strong base resins are highly ionized and can be used over the entire pH range. These resins are used in the hydroxide (OH) form for water deionization. They will react with anions in solution and can convert an acid solution to pure water.

Goh_TM 28-01-2005 03:03 AM

Yup, trying to source the resin too. If found, gonna make one using clear PVC & GF piping for fun.

So Monster, find it & u got cheap DIY DI unit. Ken, Ekia u want? Call Monster faster find. haha.

monsterz1975 28-01-2005 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goh_TM
Yup, trying to source the resin too. If found, gonna make one using clear PVC & GF piping for fun.

So Monster, find it & u got cheap DIY DI unit. Ken, Ekia u want? Call Monster faster find. haha.

Call up liao he say will pass me some sample.;)

piglet_oinkoink 28-01-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Call up liao he say will pass me some sample
Great!! :p :p ;)