Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment/DIY discussion (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   water drum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448742)

3inone 08-01-2011 01:25 PM

water drum

can i ask, how many actually uses a water drum?

i've been seeing it on sale, but idk how much help does it give actually, and putting in my bedroom isnt exactly a cool idea.

i've read some anti-chlorine related issues with the water top-up, so is water drums a solution?

KaLiB 09-01-2011 10:12 AM

Water drums are useful when it comes to water changes IMO. You can mix saltwater and store them in the drum first prior to doing your water change. This way, you don't need to mix several pails of saltwater for water change.

What anti-chlorine issues are you exactly referring to?

gracy 09-01-2011 02:03 PM

Water drum water storage is another alternative than using water pails.. Some people store a 150litres of water with proprtionate anti chlorine etc liquid, and with proper areation to store the water for water changing. Some people do without areation.

Some pple using direct tap water, some use filtered water. Water drum is jus another method. I place my water drum in toilet. Depend on my mood, sometimes i jus plug in directly from my filtered tap and goes straight to my tank.

Its jus a preference.. No right and wrong i feel :)

My 2 cents opinion..

Hershley 16-02-2011 11:28 PM

Water drums are also for people like myself who have many fish tanks at home when pails are no longer suff for them...imho.

yeo99 17-02-2011 01:52 PM

Where can we buy the water drum? I live in AMK, any shop nearby? How much? Thanks

gracy 17-02-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeo99 (Post 8275986)
Where can we buy the water drum? I live in AMK, any shop nearby? How much? Thanks

You can try going to those selegie 2nd hand market, or along lavender street those flea market, should have 2nd hand for sale.

I seen two for sale at selegie 2nd hand market last weekend :)

Hope it helps..

sly1984 17-02-2011 10:33 PM

I used... because i need lots of age water for my fries and fishes, it comes in different sizes which depends on the individual user and by using it, it save space, cost and looks neat with it... imagine u have 4-5 pails lying around ur house and the cost of buying additional pails...

As for where to get it, u can check with the shop aquarium around ur house some of them do sell it, some of them even go to the extend to keep a look out for u if any hobbyist whom they know intending to sell it off and thats provided u ask them...

Hope this helps...

Hershley 18-02-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracy (Post 8276127)
You can try going to those selegie 2nd hand market, or along lavender street those flea market, should have 2nd hand for sale.

I seen two for sale at selegie 2nd hand market last weekend :)

Hope it helps..

It's near kelantan lane or jalan besar area.

gyjd 18-02-2011 04:10 PM

yes, those hardware shpos ard kelantan rd will display them outside their shop.

BettaCloud 18-02-2011 06:41 PM

sorry, how are the prices like? to prevent kena chop. :D thanks thanks, pardon my noobness :D