Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   African cichlids (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Frontosa M blue fries (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530797)

CCT 19-02-2015 11:48 AM

Frontosa M blue fries

Hi guys happy Chinese new year, but I am abit sad on the first day.

Yesterday I got 2 m blue fries around 3cm still have York attached. They are fine even when I reach home. I added my mature tank water and the seller water which added some antibiotic or general aid in a small tank, those portable kind for Turtle. The 2 little is swimming lively after that. Even when I went out and came back around 11, it's still fine. But don't sure why after mid night I take a look on them again and found one dead. Anyone can feedback what's the problem? I added some pellet powder.

CCT

Young Man 19-02-2015 11:55 AM

it is very very irresponsible of the owner to sell fries that still have egg sac attached.
fries at this stage are very vulnerable to transporting and change in environment or water parameters.

CCT 19-02-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Man (Post 9820081)
it is very very irresponsible of the owner to sell fries that still have egg sac attached.

fries at this stage are very vulnerable to transporting and change in environment or water parameters.

I see, Haiz I thought it will be fine, next time will take note

CCT

whitedash 19-02-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT (Post 9820083)
I see, Haiz I thought it will be fine, next time will take note

CCT

commercial seller?

CCT 19-02-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitedash (Post 9820104)
commercial seller?

Yup, but it's my fault also la cos nv check properly then rush into purchase. Anyway what should I do to let the last piece to survive. I feed it pellet powder is it fine?

CCT

whitedash 19-02-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT (Post 9820105)
Yup, but it's my fault also la cos nv check properly then rush into purchase. Anyway what should I do to let the last piece to survive. I feed it pellet powder is it fine?

CCT

Like what YM said, fry especially still with attached yolk sack are very vulnerable and skeptical to even the slightest environmental / water parameter change. As a responsible breeder, fry at this stage should never be sold. Anyway the fry should still be drawing nutrition from the yolk. Hope for the best!

p.s the seller shop near QH? :confused:

CCT 19-02-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitedash (Post 9820111)
Like what YM said, fry especially still with attached yolk sack are very vulnerable and skeptical to even the slightest environmental / water parameter change. As a responsible breeder, fry at this stage should never be sold. Anyway the fry should still be drawing nutrition from the yolk. Hope for the best!

p.s the seller shop near QH? :confused:

Hahaha understand

CCT

Young Man 19-02-2015 05:05 PM

nothing much you can do about it now. try to keep conditions as stable as you can and feed it once egg sac is depleted.

CCT 19-02-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Man (Post 9820142)
nothing much you can do about it now. try to keep conditions as stable as you can and feed it once egg sac is depleted.

Will try my best to make it live, seems more difficult then other fries.

CCT

zonkkie 19-02-2015 05:51 PM

Condolences bro. Even the most experienced hobbyist will be reluctant to buy fries with yolk sac unless absolutely necessary. What is waiting 2-3 months more until they are more stable.

Pellet powder no need add until yolk sac depleted.

Saw the shop near qh posting mblue fries ready in 3-4 weeks... Hope you didn't badger the boss to sell to you such young fries!