Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

moscowblue 14-01-2021 08:39 AM

A good time to bring on Liverpool.

lenghan 14-01-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027382)
A good time to bring on Liverpool.

Ole would probably bring on the McFred combination to help out the defenders and use Rashford, Martial and Greenwood's speed for counter-attacks.
Lots at stake, not merely to maintain the lead, but a bold statement that we are in contention for the title!!!!!
With EB alongside HM, they should be able to help out with the lethal crossings of TAA and AR

moscowblue 15-01-2021 10:07 AM

Whichever formation, I think it is a good time to take on Liverpool as they are susceptible to letting in goals and also their defences is not like what they used to be from their title winning season.

Salah is looking glum at the moment, Famino is not scoring, I think only Mane is the real threat at this point. So Wan Bissaka should pick up his game as he is not really playing well at the moment.

I hope Cavani can damage them as he looks the most sharpest amongst all our strikers. AM is missing chances which is unlike him. Rashford still not as good and slowing the game now from what I saw in his last game.

jwhtan 17-01-2021 09:55 PM

Please dun be complacent and dun be too full of ourselves.
This season, so many teams hv reach the top, only to drop to fifth within 2 games.
Aston Villa, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool hv all been top and drop back.
I absolutely expect more changes to the top position along the way.

Every game against Liverpool is a tough game.
There has never been a good time to play them.

Be humble and dun jinx ourselves.

Btw talking about penalties .....
anyone remembers the Moyes season where we lost 0-3 to Liverpool at Old Trafford ?
They were awarded 3 penalties in the match .......

KeeHuat 18-01-2021 12:50 AM

United XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

Subs: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek, Mata, Greenwood, Cavani.

KeeHuat 18-01-2021 12:54 AM

In the EPL, there is never a good time to take on any team whether they are at the top or struggling. Don't read the hype from the tabloids. We have to respect each team and play all out for each match.

Liang_Zai 18-01-2021 01:08 AM

I thought bailly would start instead of VL .

lenghan 18-01-2021 01:53 AM

We are losing lots of second ball. Our passing not good at the moment too for the first 20mins. Our midfield is almost non existent

Liang_Zai 18-01-2021 01:56 AM

A very 1 sided affair so far with Liverpool dominating. Come on guys

lenghan 18-01-2021 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10027390)
A very 1 sided affair so far with Liverpool dominating. Come on guys

Ya pretty one sided game and not as thrilling as anticipated cos Liverpool too are poor in their finishing.
Rashford getting caught offside far too many times.
Other then the free kick by BF, we had zero attempt on goal for the entire first half.
So far Shaw is my man of this first half but I feel Pogba is playing in the wrong position though he performed ok so far