Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

KeeHuat 08-01-2021 07:18 PM

I have been a United fan for more than 5 decades. It began with the exciting line-up of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Denis Law. I still say George Best is still the most natural and exciting player I have seen play for United.

From the last League Division One win in 1966-67 it was a barren wait till the Premier League win in 1992-93. In between, there was the relegation to Division Two in 1973-74 under Tommy Docherty and being in the wilderness though we did win some FA cups. Nothing beats being a league champion though.

United had many managers with most of them playing attacking and entertaining football but some were dire. I have always supported the managers though I disagreed with some appointments. Moyes (not up to United standard and too pessimistic), LVG (too inflexible and hard headed) and Jose (playing his defensive winning style) were not the managers United should have signed though I did support them while they were at United.

Ole is new and has made mistakes but United is reverting back to its roots of attacking play. I am satisfied if we learn from each loss as long as we improve. I don’t think every player can avoid mistakes but should not repeat them again. The British pundits on TV do make ridiculous opinions at times and are left with egg on their faces. As armchair fans, we have our opinions too and as long as we don’t let our blood boil too much it should be fine.

The match that was really bad this season was the 6-1 loss at home to Spurs. The team has improved since then and for me, I will see how it goes towards the end of the season. It is unlikely we will ever see a SAF dominant United again.

It is no consolation but I can’t help what Arsenal (before they won the last 3 matches) and Chelsea fans must be feeling too at this moment.

loveikan 09-01-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027349)
Manchester United have officially announced the signing of 18-year-old Amad Diallo from Atalanta. Diallo will fly to Manchester when he receives his visa and immediately join up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first-team squad. Welcome to Manchester United, Amad Diallo.

After CR7 who were signed up aftering playing a pre season against us, hope he will be the rare find that turn up well for the club.
Another young winger we had signed is Pellestri

lenghan 09-01-2021 12:16 PM

It now seems the deal to sign Caicedo is blocked by the Board for reasons unknown. And we can put Rojo and Romero on the transfer list but the fact is no club can afford what the Board demands nor the wages they are on and that will certainly dampen Ole's plan to new signings

loveikan 09-01-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027354)
It now seems the deal to sign Caicedo is blocked by the Board for reasons unknown. And we can put Rojo and Romero on the transfer list but the fact is no club can afford what the Board demands nor the wages they are on and that will certainly dampen Ole's plan to new signings

Yeah...really frustrating.
A players with very good potential wanted by many club eagars to join us but kena blocked. Furthermore, he is not ex at all.

lenghan 10-01-2021 04:09 AM

What do we know...Ole named SM as captain for the match against Watford
Starting XI:
Henderson; Bailly; Mata; Greenwood; Lingard; James; Telles; Williams; Van De Beek; Tuanzebe; Mctominay

KeeHuat 10-01-2021 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027356)
Starting XI:
Henderson; Bailly; Mata; Greenwood; Lingard; James; Telles; Williams; Van De Beek; Tuanzebe; Mctominay

Subs: De Gea, Matic, Ighalo, Fred, Fernandes, Martial, Maguire, Wan Bissaka

loveikan 10-01-2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027354)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027356)
Starting XI:

Probably among all, he had played the most, based on the no.of games he played this season. But really his commitment

lenghan 10-01-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10027358)
Probably among all, he had played the most, based on the no.of games he played this season. But really his commitment

Rewarded with a nice header to give us 1-0 lead

loveikan 10-01-2021 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027359)
Rewarded with a nice header to give us 1-0 lead

Showing the way:p

loveikan 10-01-2021 05:50 AM

Bailey felt the full impact off the knee from Henderson who came off his line to punch the ball crossed into the box.....really suay

Hope he will be ok