Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

KeeHuat 17-08-2020 06:21 AM

Well, that's the end of the Europa journey. If you can't put the ball in the net with so many chances and got a shitty defence then we deserve to be out.

3 defenders were the cause of the loss: Wan-Bissaka, Williams and the idiot Lindelöf who couldn't mark a single attacker and still argued with Fernandes that he wasn't at fault. Better get a solid centre half and Williams needs to learn fast.

moscowblue 17-08-2020 06:33 AM

The hero is Bono, the opponent keeper.

Liang_Zai 17-08-2020 06:59 AM

William is definitely over rated and I dunno why media put so much hype on him. Ole tactically quite poor. 3 semi non into finals and he kind of give up the fa cup make me disappointed.

lenghan 17-08-2020 10:10 AM

The entire defense was a shamble. HM is not a captain calibre. WB is also over-rated. VL is just an average defender. BW, not good enough for big games as his positioning mostly leaves one wondering. EB pretty reckless
Currently only decent defender is LS but whenever he is injured, it is long spells and when he comes back, it takes awhile for him to return to form to find himself injured.
SM for me can be developed but I believe he is now pretty unhappy cos he is one of the lowest paid player and much expectations were on him
After his injury, MR looks like another mediocre striker.

So yes we do need reinforcement, and quick too
From the reaction of Ole not making any sub until the 86th min goes to show he does not have trust with any of the players on the bench

ThomasLim 17-08-2020 10:14 AM

If our defence continue this way, we can never make it...
Maguire and Lindelof cmi.... Rashford is a disappointment.

moscowblue 17-08-2020 12:06 PM

I think the main problem is Matic not playing for whatever reasons.
Suddenly Fred is in the game, maybe due to OGS promising him a game?

Matic to me controls the defences and the midfield. Many times, you can see when he plays, he is always inbetween the 2 central defences when we are losing the ball. This gives confidence to the 2 centre balls that if they missed the incoming crosses, Matic is there to wipe it up.

jwhtan 17-08-2020 01:45 PM

We need better defenders. Defenders who dun sleep during games.

KeeHuat 17-08-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10026831)
The entire defense was a shamble. HM is not a captain calibre. WB is also over-rated. VL is just an average defender. BW, not good enough for big games as his positioning mostly leaves one wondering. EB pretty reckless
Currently only decent defender is LS but whenever he is injured, it is long spells and when he comes back, it takes awhile for him to return to form to find himself injured.
SM for me can be developed but I believe he is now pretty unhappy cos he is one of the lowest paid player and much expectations were on him
After his injury, MR looks like another mediocre striker.

So yes we do need reinforcement, and quick too
From the reaction of Ole not making any sub until the 86th min goes to show he does not have trust with any of the players on the bench

I hope Wan-Bissaka and Williams can learn fast. Actually Jose was right about Shaw when he said he had to think for him. Shaw used to sometimes lose sight of an opponent behind him but has improved.

Don't have much hope for Lindelöf who not only gets bullied by big forwards but even smaller ones. Weak in the air, can count how many headers he has won in the air.

moscowblue 17-08-2020 04:19 PM

Actually, Rashford's game dropped after Shaw got injured.
So I do not understand why people criticise Shaw so much as he most of the time locked down the left flank and combined well with Rashford.

We need 3 - 4 players to rejuvenate this squad.

1 - Quick-fire central defender
1 - Defensive midfielder to cover for Matic if he get injured
1 - Right winger
1 - Central striker to cover for Martial if he gets injured

KeeHuat 19-08-2020 11:06 AM

Of course, it would have been good to bear Sevilla but perhaps it's better for the long term that we lost. The loss highlighted the deficiencies in the current team and if we had won, the win might have masked over these areas with impact on the transfers needed. Woody would then have thought that the team was alright and not invest as much. Anyway, still waiting for our signings to come, too many rumours all the time.