Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 22-01-2020 03:01 PM

Ole is offering no assurances tha Rashford will return from a back injury before the end of the season and said only that the club will give the striker as much time as is necessary to recover.
Rashford has suffered a stress fracture in his back and predictions for his comeback have ranged from six weeks to three months. But asked directly at a news conference on Tuesday whether it was possible Rashford may not play again this season, Solskjaer did not rule it out.

This is the price for not replacing Lukaku and Sanchez.
Ole had kept repeating that we are waiting for the right player and the right price....but my opinion.....WAIT LONG LONG
Top players are shunning us more then we want them. And when we spot potentials, they are hijacked by others because we love to drag our feet and haggle.
For as long as the Glazers are keeping Woody, I am afraid we are going to be mid-table team.
At times we should also blame the medias for the way they make reports.
Take for example Fred's performance against Liverpool. Yes he did well, but the way the media reported, we have ready replacement for Pogba!!! (suggesting the club do not need to find replacement)

loveikan 22-01-2020 06:46 PM

thinks it is ok to remain coy over the return of MR.

But for the transfer, the blame should be entirely on Woody though one may argue that the players we wanted might not place their trust in OGS.

btw, will you pay 25mil for Cavani with his exp and proven scoring records having played in a few leagues?

jwhtan 22-01-2020 06:47 PM

i think the determining factor is that we got ripped-off one time too many during the early days of the Glazer tenure. Ed Woodward got his fingers burnt.

Look at what previous managers did .... we sold cheaply, even RVP and bought expensive flops ..... do we actually want to continue doing that ?
or do we stand our ground and say " hey we are willing to offer a decent price, but dun rip us off "
.... remember whatever we do will impact our summer transfer business ....

we stood our ground on Lukaku .... suffered a small loss and got the transfer done, when Inter were trying to low ball us .....
if it is us trying to sign Lukaku from Inter, what do u think they will quote ? I can assure you it'll be in excess of 100M ....
and that Erling Haaland .... how can we accept a buyout clause of 40M which will let the agent have full control of the player ?
If Haaland does well here, the agent will definitely tout him round Europe to rip off another pay day ..... do we want to be party to that ?

so actually, I fully support the way the club is standing its ground now
it may be painful to watch the team on the pitch now after the successful years of SAF ..... but i live through Tommy Docherty, Dave Sexton, Ron Atkinson .....
and those players like Graeme Hogg, Arnie Sidebottom, Ralph Milne ....
so i can tolerate some of our less than gifted players on the teamsheet currently .....

jwhtan 22-01-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10025796)
thinks it is ok to remain coy over the return of MR.

But for the transfer, the blame should be entirely on Woody though one may argue that the players we wanted might not place their trust in OGS.

btw, will you pay 25mil for Cavani with his exp and proven scoring records having played in a few leagues?

just ask yourself this question ....
if Cavani is our player and he has 6 months to go before he becomes a free player (much like RVP), will anyone pay 25M to buy from us ?

loveikan 22-01-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhtan (Post 10025798)
just ask yourself this question ....
if Cavani is our player and he has 6 months to go before he becomes a free player (much like RVP), will anyone pay 25M to buy from us ?

definitely need to stop overpaying and so time to rein in this nonsense.
Whenever Man Utd shop for a player, the price is really ridiculous and this is one of the most challenging factors.

btw, for the record, AMadrid offered 8mil for Cavani but not sure what will be his wages.

lenghan 23-01-2020 05:59 AM

All the possession yet we trail 0-1 after Jones committed foul at half way. Free kick, headed assist and Woods scored....all sooooo simple. Defenders all dreaming since free kick was a the half way line

lenghan 23-01-2020 06:17 AM

11 attempts with 3 on target in 1st half
Our front guys simply not up to the task

Liang_Zai 23-01-2020 06:31 AM

Same old story is ole up to the task?? He seems to have no clue at all 2nil down

loveikan 23-01-2020 07:00 AM

walau losing by 0-2 on home ground.
did not watch the game but looking at the stats obviously the team out there cannot deliver the goal.

where is the fault? is it players? no creative player? mental block? mgr's strategy ?
haiz

KeeHuat 23-01-2020 07:07 AM

Missed chances in the first half, poor defending, not good enough performance and a 2-0 loss