Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 15-03-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10027595)
3 points but should have scored more. Maguire played well defensively.

Moyes is never a Man Utd manager, so cautious and negative even Antonio is defending in their half. Whoever appointed him after SAF made a blunder.

No manager can beat Jose. Ysterday's game against Arsenal was a typical Jose game plan. Play not to lose after 1-0 lead and of course we know what happened at the final whistle, they lost 1-2.
For 70 mins they only took one shot at Arsenal which ended in goal but for the rest of the match were passing from left to right and backwards. It was only when they were 1-2 down and a man down that they woke up. A little too late. This was a style which we should never follow, but at times, when I was watching, this pattern rang a bell!!! We were playing some of our games the Jose's way which was so damn difficult to watch,
The main criticism for Ole last night was his total reluctance to give AD any game time even tho it was very clear that MR was far from 100% fit and was struggling. It was a miracle that MR completed the full game without being carried off the pitch. Do we need to wait for such moments??

moscowblue 15-03-2021 05:07 PM

OGS do not trust the youth to do a job.

lenghan 16-03-2021 09:34 AM

It is now being reported that DVDB is to hold a "showdown" talk with Ed Woodward to ask why he is being ignored. He plans to leave at the end of this season after starting only 2 games under Ole whom was widely reported "did not" want him right from the beginning.
Being fully match fit and always raring for a go, Ole never gave him a chance despite all the talks by Ole that DVDB needed time to adjust!!!

KeeHuat 16-03-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027599)
It is now being reported that DVDB is to hold a "showdown" talk with Ed Woodward to ask why he is being ignored. He plans to leave at the end of this season after starting only 2 games under Ole whom was widely reported "did not" want him right from the beginning.
Being fully match fit and always raring for a go, Ole never gave him a chance despite all the talks by Ole that DVDB needed time to adjust!!!

van de Beek played well when he came on initially. But after that in the later months he was poor when he played.

He is not really a creative player but one who plays probably just behind the main striker picking on opportunities. He can be seen looking to break behind the opponent's backline. Not quite sure if thee is a position that suits him in the team setup.

lenghan 16-03-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10027601)
van de Beek played well when he came on initially. But after that in the later months he was poor when he played.

He is not really a creative player but one who plays probably just behind the main striker picking on opportunities. He can be seen looking to break behind the opponent's backline. Not quite sure if thee is a position that suits him in the team setup.

Fully agree with you that DVDB was not playing well but what can we expect a player who is given only 10mins or so esp when the team is losing. It is very apparent that Ole does not have DVDB in his plan, or rather do not know where to slot him into the team. Honestly I doubt Ole knows MR, AM or Greenwood's best position in his plan. He rotates them so often that they are confused too

lenghan 17-03-2021 11:29 PM

Travelling squad: The full list for inter milan game
 
De Gea, Henderson, Grant; Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Williams; Amad, Fernandes, Fred, James, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, van de Beek; Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford.

Notable absentee is Eric Bailly, Antony Martial and Shoretire

lenghan 18-03-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027603)
De Gea, Henderson, Grant; Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Williams; Amad, Fernandes, Fred, James, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, van de Beek; Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford.

Notable absentee is Eric Bailly, Antony Martial and Shoretire

Latest update is Cavani is out from the squad for the game

KeeHuat 19-03-2021 04:48 AM

United line-up: Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; James, Fernandes, Rashford; Greenwood.

United subs: De Gea, Grant; Telles, Tuanzebe, Williams, Amad, Pogba, Matic, Van de Beek

lenghan 19-03-2021 05:51 AM

Our final delivery to the final part of the field is poor.
James had couple of chances cos of his speed but his decision making is poor, instead of passing he elected to shot
BF has been poor in this first half

lenghan 19-03-2021 06:06 AM

Pogba replaces MR and honestly is not playing in his best position as he is assigned to the left wing
Instant impact...he scored!!!!


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)