Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

Liang_Zai 02-01-2021 07:01 AM

Knn at the very last moment pogba should just hold the ball rather than cross in. Heng nv manage to concede in the end. Hard fought win though

loveikan 02-01-2021 07:01 AM

A hard fought game.
But we started the new year with a 3 pts.
Level on point with Pools now.

GGMU!!! One game at a time

lenghan 02-01-2021 07:17 AM

For the last min save/block, I will give my vote of MOTM to EB, otherwise I would have given to DDG

KeeHuat 02-01-2021 07:33 AM

3 points but Villa put up a show.

Bad goal to concede as the marking for Villa's freekick was not properly blocked off.

Rashford needs to shoot better as he shot straight at the Villa keeper a few times.

BBP604 02-01-2021 12:03 PM

Villa gave us a hard fight game and fortunately DDG and defence line did a good job to stop them from scoring more.

Looking at the table standing still early to see a champion team. Guess it will go down to the wire to see winner.
Hope our guys can get good rest to fight to last through.

The transfer window come in at good time.
Lets see who is coming to reinforce.
GGMU.

lenghan 02-01-2021 01:08 PM

Whilst praises were sung for BF, EB and PP, I thought Fred was equally good, always on the move and disrupting the advancing Villa moves. And yes his passing skill needs lots of improvement, but I still liked his tenacity and glad OGS kept him on for the almost the whole game and probably for the first time took off SM instead.
The only negative for Ole was replacing BF with DJ. James is only quick but no footballing "brains" who will run and run with his head down and not looking out for his mates to make passes.
Hope we are able to maintain this form of football for the rest of the season.
And probably hope the Board does not make an immediate announcement to extend Ole's contract openly cos I fear that if he thinks his job is secured would make "strange" selection decisions. Yes he could be given the extension but should be done on the quiet until we are sure the team is going places at the top of the table

moscowblue 03-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10027315)
Whilst praises were sung for BF, EB and PP, I thought Fred was equally good, always on the move and disrupting the advancing Villa moves. And yes his passing skill needs lots of improvement, but I still liked his tenacity and glad OGS kept him on for the almost the whole game and probably for the first time took off SM instead.
The only negative for Ole was replacing BF with DJ. James is only quick but no footballing "brains" who will run and run with his head down and not looking out for his mates to make passes.
Hope we are able to maintain this form of football for the rest of the season.
And probably hope the Board does not make an immediate announcement to extend Ole's contract openly cos I fear that if he thinks his job is secured would make "strange" selection decisions. Yes he could be given the extension but should be done on the quiet until we are sure the team is going places at the top of the table

Not make the same mistake but to extend his deal after the season is over. IF he cannot achieve top 4 position, then perhaps it is time for the axe to drop on him.

moscowblue 03-01-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10027313)
3 points but Villa put up a show.

Bad goal to concede as the marking for Villa's freekick was not properly blocked off.

Rashford needs to shoot better as he shot straight at the Villa keeper a few times.

Rashford need to release the ball to others like Martial and not always think of striking it into the net

lenghan 04-01-2021 02:20 AM

The road to winning the title is getting more exciting now.
Leicester goes to 3rd with 2-1 win over Newcastle
M City even with 5 players out cos of COVID is leading a full Chelsea team 3-0 and have game in hand after this

loveikan 05-01-2021 09:53 AM

Southampton not only won 1-0 but also did a good job defensively against Pools which had the most possession but only one shot on goal only .

Now is up to us to continue focusing on ourself to improve as a team,, balance and find the rhythm as a team and playing to our own strength.

The EPL is getting more exciting.