Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 23-07-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow7 (Post 10026703)
Actually even if we had beaten westham 1-0 or 2-0 it doesnít makes a difference,we still have to go to Leicester to get a draw...unless we had won 3-0 then we can afford a 1-0 loss.

We missed our chanced against Crystal Palace and Southampton. We should have wrapped up the qualification without even kicking the ball tonight. And today, once again we were playing JM's style, i.e. taking the one point. Had West Ham needed to win to avoid relegation, I believe they could have won because we were awful. So if we missed out the top 4 place, we only have ourselves to blame.

moscowblue 23-07-2020 02:29 PM

No pressing, no desire.

If we play like this in our final game, then we deserved not to qualify for CL

Shadow7 23-07-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10026704)
We missed our chanced against Crystal Palace and Southampton. We should have wrapped up the qualification without even kicking the ball tonight. And today, once again we were playing JM's style, i.e. taking the one point. Had West Ham needed to win to avoid relegation, I believe they could have won because we were awful. So if we missed out the top 4 place, we only have ourselves to blame.

I thought we beat CP 2-0 ? That 96min equalizer from the Saints was a killer, hope it doesnít matter at the end.

lenghan 23-07-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow7 (Post 10026706)
I thought we beat CP 2-0 ? That 96min equalizer from the Saints was a killer, hope it doesnít matter at the end.

My bad, you are correct we beat CP by 2-0

Shadow7 23-07-2020 05:08 PM

If we beat Leicester we would guarantee 3rd spot, Iím not sure if thereís a difference between 3rd or 4th...do we have to play a qualifier to get into CL proper if we takes the 3rd in the league ?

moscowblue 24-07-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow7 (Post 10026708)
If we beat Leicester we would guarantee 3rd spot, Iím not sure if thereís a difference between 3rd or 4th...do we have to play a qualifier to get into CL proper if we takes the 3rd in the league ?

Yes, we need to play qualifier if in 3rd spot.

canopy 24-07-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026709)
Yes, we need to play qualifier if in 3rd spot.

only 4th place need to playoff if not wrong

moscowblue 24-07-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canopy (Post 10026710)
only 4th place need to playoff if not wrong

haha, I think we all wrong. Latest change to the rules in UEFA means that the 4 english teams straight go into the group stage, based on so called "association coefficient".

BBP604 24-07-2020 11:41 PM

Hate to say but dont count the chicken before hatch.
We have an important match on sunday.
The only advantage is we can affiord a draw to progress to CL.
GGMU.

loveikan 26-07-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBP604 (Post 10026712)
Hate to say but dont count the chicken before hatch.
We have an important match on sunday.
The only advantage is we can affiord a draw to progress to CL.
GGMU.

True.
And we are playing against a team who will go all out though they have injuries and suspension to key players


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)