Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rubba season 2011 (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449432)

westiee 26-02-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsilano (Post 8291904)
why the disparity in sizes in the latest spawn?

Yalor....dunnoe which Direction he heading towards....:confused:

chris 27-02-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsilano (Post 8291904)
Bro Chris....why the disparity in sizes in the latest spawn?

This year I'm so "lucky", I have 6 spawns on hand and I have run out bbs, so I have to use boon as a replacement. I notice that those which tat eat the boon are growing faster. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepala sakit (Post 8292042)
:rolleyes:Wow!!!...Jiak buey liao...:eek:

I wonder how many can "make" it.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiee (Post 8293137)

Hmmm....I'm still pondering simi direction? 12cm?:confused: ASRS?:rolleyes: ATRS?:cool: AJRS? :eek:

I'm just a hobbyist...no need DIRECTION lah....:mad:

noidea 27-02-2011 11:51 AM

6 spawns....you really work overtime. :)

GaryChua 27-02-2011 12:56 PM

Champion. 1 batch = 1000 so you have 6000 BBR. Can show us the earlier batch. When open house for viewing.

westiee 27-02-2011 01:20 PM

I did followed bro chris to his rented ponds. He rented 6 ponds to grow his fishes.All are big n healthy

GaryChua 27-02-2011 02:13 PM

That why his champion. The amount of engry and money to raise the fry not easy. Hope all his fry will turn up to be a beauty. Mr and Miss Singapore Ranchu.

chris 27-02-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8294788)
6 spawns....you really work overtime. :)

Alot of hardwork...but very satisfying. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryChua (Post 8294880)
Champion. 1 batch = 1000 so you have 6000 BBR. Can show us the earlier batch. When open house for viewing.

Not in my hse..so cannot open hse...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiee (Post 8294914)
I did followed bro chris to his rented ponds. He rented 6 ponds to grow his fishes.All are big n healthy

Why u always picak my lobang...:(:(

kitsilano 01-03-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiee (Post 8293137)

Bro Westiee....we been to his house and have seen how he groom his aros. Also seen the many varities of ornamental fishes he keep, groom and breed...from altum angels, guppies, discus, nplecos, bettas, mollies, red sword tails etc etc and the many types of goldfishes. This guy is a complete fishkeeper who enjoy tinkering with his fishes. His direction is to enjoy and have fun and nothing else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8294760)
This year I'm so "lucky", I have 6 spawns on hand and I have run out bbs, so I have to use boon as a replacement. I notice that those which tat eat the boon are growing faster. :p

Ok can understand n hope you can even out the sizes...the smaller ones catches up....good luck and happy fish keeping.

small_ranchu 01-03-2011 11:45 PM

I wish I can buy a batch from you. Keep up your good job :)

chris 03-03-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by small_ranchu (Post 8299792)
I wish I can buy a batch from you. Keep up your good job :)

When they are bigger, I can gib you some...:)

Here's a peep at 2 of my tubs....
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/IMG_0742.jpg

And some of the fishy fishy inside...and they grow very fast....
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_0745-1.jpg

Fire87 04-03-2011 02:15 AM

super rubba king :o

kudos for your efforts!

chris 01-04-2011 11:13 PM

Sorry too busy running between office to farm to home. Just an update of wat I have...don't know my kan hu good for the king or not :p:

May 2010 / 5cm (I maybe wrong...:o)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...323yeo/1-8.jpg

Today

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/IMG_3234.jpg

My spawns...will update soon. :D

chris 01-04-2011 11:46 PM

This female gave me a nice spawn:

Nov 2010 / 4inch:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...323yeo/2-8.jpg

Today:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...323yeo/1-9.jpg

Sorry for the lousy photo...:(

moscowblue 02-04-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8302688)
When they are bigger, I can gib you some...:)

Here's a peep at 2 of my tubs....
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/IMG_0742.jpg

And some of the fishy fishy inside...and they grow very fast....
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_0745-1.jpg

Where my freebie?

chris 02-04-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 8360568)
Where my freebie?

Still too small to select the best for u. :p

florakid 02-04-2011 11:41 AM

Wah bro,

Your 'kang hu' very kao kao leh. Nice development of both fishes. Nisai this year? :)

westiee 03-04-2011 12:13 AM

Look like ur outdoor keeping bring out both fishes body mass n headgrowth...both are in healthy too.Hahahaa I like it.When show their baby baby.:p

chris 03-04-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florakid (Post 8361093)
Wah bro,

Your 'kang hu' very kao kao leh. Nice development of both fishes. Nisai this year? :)

Abt 13 to 15 month fish.:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiee (Post 8362266)
Look like ur outdoor keeping bring out both fishes body mass n headgrowth...both are in healthy too.Hahahaa I like it.When show their baby baby.:p

Will show baby baby soon. Now pumping them with good food. ;):p

noidea 03-04-2011 02:37 PM

So you going to have a baby show soon....:D Can't wait to see more of your baby. :D

sgbetta 03-04-2011 04:51 PM

I WANT SEE BABIES.......................:D:D:p

nutx 03-04-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsilano (Post 8298518)
Bro Westiee....we been to his house and have seen how he groom his aros. Also seen the many varities of ornamental fishes he keep, groom and breed...from altum angels, guppies, discus, nplecos, bettas, mollies, red sword tails etc etc and the many types of goldfishes. This guy is a complete fishkeeper who enjoy tinkering with his fishes. His direction is to enjoy and have fun and nothing else.

This is probably called the master of fish keeping - level 9 - Breeding master.:D
Anything also can breed!:D:D:D

chris 04-04-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8363063)
So you going to have a baby show soon.... Can't wait to see more of your baby.

Let them grow abit bigger, so tat u can see clearer. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgbetta (Post 8363258)
I WANT SEE BABIES.......................

Thank you for the beautiful parents. Hope you can bring in more to widen my breeding pool. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8363262)
This is probably called the master of fish keeping - level 9 - Breeding master.:D
Anything also can breed!

No la...I can not breed tvr with dorsal fin! :eek:

Skippy 04-04-2011 11:29 AM

Bro, how come you never photoshop your fish to more ang ang! :p

moscowblue 04-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8361032)
Still too small to select the best for u. :p

This sentences, already make my day, even though I know you really dun mean it:(

chris 04-04-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 8364833)
Bro, how come you never photoshop your fish to more ang ang! :p

Aiyo...no time to photoshop.....fish not nice no need to fake lor, so be it la. I'm just a hobbyist. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 8364847)
This sentences, already make my day, even though I know you really dun mean it:(

Bro MB, since when I don't mean what I say. :(

Didn't I gib u nice TVR b4, u took my my ku ku babysit so long still mai return me har. Don't tell me mati liao! :eek::(

kepala sakit 05-04-2011 11:15 AM

Haizzzz...Look like my fishes (TVR) canno reach Nipponese standard, cos I can only speaking Hokkien %$#&*cbz and Sinkglissh nia nia...Bro Chris, any advise?...:o

nutx 05-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8364759)
No la...I can not breed tvr with dorsal fin! :eek:

Bro...this will only happen when you try to practise Level 10 and “走火入魔”!
using a guppy to cross breed rainbow colour TVR.....:D

chris 05-04-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepala sakit (Post 8366834)
Haizzzz...Look like my fishes (TVR) canno reach Nipponese standard, cos I can only speaking Hokkien %$#&*cbz and Sinkglissh nia nia...Bro Chris, any advise?...:o

Good food, good water, good air will do your fish good. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8366873)
Bro...this will only happen when you try to practise Level 10 and “走火入魔”!
using a guppy to cross breed rainbow colour TVR.....:D

I no level la.....still learning from high hand. I'm still testing, if got good results, I will share how I do it from my own experience. :o

jest1081 05-04-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8278697)
Thank you..hope to raise some quality fish and share the knowledge among newbies and hobbyist. :p But may not match Japanese standard. Hope to on par with Bro Kit nia....:p

congrats on your huge '11 spawns!
with more hardwork and continued selective breeding and im sure you will surpass. :D

i agree with fire87, sometimes too much theory lessons, bla bla bla wont help much, its the hands on lessons that will be our biggest teacher. Pls dont see ur breed as lower grade lv etc, its totally uncomparable, fake lv is a copy, tis is your own line of fishes, its your own brand. why mr noodles dont understand that?

good luck and cheers chris! ;)

chris 05-04-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jest1081 (Post 8366914)
good luck and cheers chris! ;)

Thanks jest, will keep on the hard work. From my years of experiment, not all theories work on the tvr I keep, it is thru trial and error, sharing and exchanging pointers. :o

For examples:
1)Read in some website, high oxygen will boost the funtan grow. I keep the fish in a tub full of oxygen bubbling...no funtan. :(
2)FBW promotes funtan, I feed 6 times a day, no funtan.:(

Again, the above 2 points might work for some, so don't misunderstand me.

What works for me:
1)I don't change water so frequently abt 4 to 5 days 1 change.
2)I feed tubi worms only once a day.
3)My tub got no oxygen bubbling. Fish almost stay motionless most of the time.
4)I keep in clear water.

Warning, this may not work for u. There are more then just this points.
:o

jest1081 05-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8366945)
Thanks jest, will keep on the hard work. From my years of experiment, not all theories work on the tvr I keep, it is thru trial and error, sharing and exchanging pointers. :o

For examples:
1)Read in some website, high oxygen will boost the funtan grow. I keep the fish in a tub full of oxygen bubbling...no funtan. :(

What works for me:
4)I keep in clear water.

thanks for sharing Chris,

well im sure with more tweaking & rubba rubba, you will find a method that works, since your continually experimenting. aiya guppies oso like dat mah, the science say one thing but come out different thing hahaha. at last its the exp that teaches us how and what to cross.

We have to take into consideration the weather here is much different from where these fishes originated from, so methods that work there may not work here and vise versa.

Keep documenting your experiments, im looking forward to read more from you!

Thanks for your continued contributions to the fish scene. :)

noidea 05-04-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8366945)

For examples:

What works for me:
4)I keep in clear water.

Thank you for sharing.

So TVR don't swim around is ok as mine also don't swim much. :)

Hmm....I wonder feeding canned FBW will have the same effect as I don't have a fridge to store those frozen type.

I use constant drip water so at time I can change water in 7 days but not any longer than that.

chris 05-04-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jest1081 (Post 8366996)
Thanks for your continued contributions to the fish scene. :)

Thank you for your encouragement. It's very heart warming.:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367158)
Thank you for sharing.

So TVR don't swim around is ok as mine also don't swim much. :)

Hmm....I wonder feeding canned FBW will have the same effect as I don't have a fridge to store those frozen type.

I use constant drip water so at time I can change water in 7 days but not any longer than that.

Errrr. I cannot quantify that your fish don't swim is ok. But from my observation on my fish, they don't swim as much. I can only say that they are not stress (from sickness, water, disturbance etc). They look comfortable and swim rather elegantly ard the tub when I'm near. But when I watched them from a distance for 10 mins, they almost stay motionless. There no signs of red patches, streaks etc.

Not sure abt dried fbw, you can try and let us know.

Btw, for fries, I had to put in a air stone as there are abt 500 fries in each 10ft tub. And they whack abt 1 can of tubi which need me to change water almost everyday. :( So again, method differ from my adult fish, which again will differ from spawning/seed fish and grooming fish.:o

noidea 05-04-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8367206)
Thank you for your encouragement. It's very heart warming.:o

Errrr. I cannot quantify that your fish don't swim is ok. But from my observation on my fish, they don't swim as much. I can only say that they are not stress (from sickness, water, disturbance etc). They look comfortable and swim rather elegantly ard the tub when I'm near. But when I watched them from a distance for 10 mins, they almost stay motionless. There no signs of red patches, streaks etc.

Not sure abt dried fbw, you can try and let us know.

Btw, for fries, I had to put in a air stone as there are abt 500 fries in each 10ft tub. And they whack abt 1 can of tubi which need me to change water almost everyday. :( So again, method differ from my adult fish, which again will differ from spawning/seed fish and grooming fish.:o

Thank you. Noted, yes my fish don't have redness except now one or two doing head stand.....:o:(

chris 05-04-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367225)
Thank you. Noted, yes my fish don't have redness except now one or two doing head stand.....:o:(

Lower your water level just enough to cover your fish. Slowly increase the water level over the weeks. This may helps.

Machoranchu 05-04-2011 02:37 PM

Good job bro :D Still rubba-ing after so many years! I'm sure it's a fruitful experience. Keep up the good work and share your knowledge with us.

noidea 05-04-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8367255)
Lower your water level just enough to cover your fish. Slowly increase the water level over the weeks. This may helps.

Ok, I will do that. :)

nutx 05-04-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 8367225)

Bro...I think your is not motionless lar....there is probably some bladder problem that leds to head stand...:p

noidea 05-04-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 8367322)
Bro...I think your is not motionless lar....there is probably some bladder problem that leds to head stand...:p

Oh, I guess so then. :(

Cai888 05-04-2011 06:58 PM

Thanks Ts for sharing ur experiencs here,really enjoy reading it:)
Anyway beauty lies in the eye of beholder,for me as long i likes the fish,why bother about brands,nothing is 100% perfect even u have the best in the world:)