Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small Animals and Birds (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   revolution dog flea treatment (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538056)

dazmario 10-01-2017 09:03 AM

revolution dog flea treatment

hi, i think there alot of dog owner here, I cant find the past thread on dogs so i start a new one.

I just adopted a dog maltese which was told it is coming to 4 years old this apr. Was told also that it is a in door dog and only can bring to walk on cement floor to avoid flea. however i like to bring it out park connector to for walk etc. as i google, i find there is revolution dog flea treatment which can be purchase at pet lover, around $50. i am looking for preventive, it is not infested .

The application is here http://www.revolution4dogs.com/images/revo-pi.pdf

but read liao still not sure, any one use this before can advise?

Thanks

BENG66 10-01-2017 08:25 PM

I using revolution to prevent ticks & fleas. Brown box for small dog below 10kg which I sure can get it cheaper if you look around after discount.

dazmario 11-01-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENG66 (Post 9981472)
I using revolution to prevent ticks & fleas. Brown box for small dog below 10kg which I sure can get it cheaper if you look around after discount.

hi may i know after i use the 1st dose on the dog, what is the time needed before we can shower it? i got it in q10 for 34.9 for 2,5 to 5 kg

Royston 11-01-2017 12:36 PM

More worried about having ticks than fleas here in Singapore.

SabaDen92 11-01-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9981529)
hi may i know after i use the 1st dose on the dog, what is the time needed before we can shower it? i got it in q10 for 34.9 for 2,5 to 5 kg

Bro, I keep doggy but I use Revo on my cats ... was told few hours after applying as long as the part of the cat's body that I apply the Revo on is totally dry.

I was also advised by a few top breeders/groomers to wait a few days.
Seeing no harm heeding the advise from experts, I'll wait at least 3 days before giving them a bath if there's a need to.

ThErMuS 11-01-2017 02:33 PM

i applied on the back collar of the dog on a monthly basis... normally 1 day after he showered.

acedophin 11-01-2017 08:53 PM

I think you can use diatamaceous earth(Food Grade). It helps to remove ticks/flea by powdering it.

satan_gal 11-01-2017 09:16 PM

Think the cheapest will be from Singpet

anyway, there're many ways to prevent.. i normally dun use unless i really need to.

My old ladies are old.... body can't take the stress.

and errr... usually hor...

Fleas = cats
Ticks = dogs

i dunno wad the previous owner is talking at all.

dazmario 12-01-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 9981595)

anyway, there're many ways to prevent.. i normally dun use unless i really need to.

My old ladies are old.... body can't take the stress.

and errr... usually hor...

Fleas = cats
Ticks = dogs

i dunno wad the previous owner is talking at all.

i got it from singpet too, waiting for it delivery.

tangmulong4488 12-01-2017 11:49 AM

How can humans don't need ticks or flea prevention when we also go to the park

ThErMuS 12-01-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangmulong4488 (Post 9981652)

cuz you not hairy enough and cosy enuff for them to hide and breeeeeeed:p:p

tangmulong4488 12-01-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThErMuS (Post 9981655)
cuz you not hairy enough and cosy enuff for them to hide and breeeeeeed:p:p

My leg Jin hairy lei. :o

satan_gal 12-01-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangmulong4488 (Post 9981652)

Because SG dun have those tat carry the deadly lyme.
I have friends who are now overseas... some forestry area... after a long walk in the forest/mountains, they will go home catch kutu.

And mind you... kutu bite is no fun. Pain like siao. And the way they crawl up your body.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

BENG66 12-01-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9981529)

Sorry for late replied. I more scare to die, at least one day for me.

I using earthbath shampoo, this was mentioned ;
How soon after or before applying a topical flea application such as The Advantage, etc. should I wait to bathe my dog?
We have been advised by the manufacturers of these applications that dogs should not be bathed 48 hours before or 48 hours after applying the topical flea applications.

SoToNgMaN 13-01-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 9981595)

Singpet operates from Qoo10 also .. combo it with their voucher ... cheaper ..

dazmario 17-01-2017 08:25 AM

thanks guys! may i ask, how to treat tear stain? i brought a lotion from pet lover but it dun work. been cleaning it every night.

satan_gal 17-01-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9982009)
thanks guys! may i ask, how to treat tear stain? i brought a lotion from pet lover but it dun work. been cleaning it every night.

Usually is the food.

dazmario 18-01-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 9982023)
Usually is the food.

mine is taking pallet made from lamb, does changing to a white fish and salmon pallet help? the whitefish give me this feeling it make the tear to be white .

D24 22-01-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9982009)

Genetics aside.. Its better to bring to the vet for a check up.. blocked tear ducts, eye or ear infections, teeth issues etc. Health issues contributes to this problem. Treating the underlying cause of tearing is more important and most of the time, the condition will improve.

D24 :)

dazmario 04-02-2017 12:01 AM

Hi, I tap on my thread to ask something about dog. As I adopted this dog, I been pushing the owner to give me the health book but today was told by the ex owner that the health book was lost and it is not registered. So without health book, can I register the dog with Ava? Was told it is micro chip too, so if I bring to the vet. The vet able to relive the number from the chip which allow me for Ava registeration?

llewellyn 04-02-2017 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9983458)
Hi, I tap on my thread to ask something about dog. As I adopted this dog, I been pushing the owner to give me the health book but today was told by the ex owner that the health book was lost and it is not registered. So without health book, can I register the dog with Ava? Was told it is micro chip too, so if I bring to the vet. The vet able to relive the number from the chip which allow me for Ava registeration?

Yes, can still register for a dog license from Ava. The charges are available on their website.

Your doggy microchip, like Arowana, visible upon scanning. Just ask them to do a simple health checkup.

dazmario 04-02-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 9983463)
Yes, can still register for a dog license from Ava. The charges are available on their website.

Your doggy microchip, like Arowana, visible upon scanning. Just ask them to do a simple health checkup.

thanks, gotten the chip nos. however as i google av page, it is $90 yearly for unsterilised dog and $15 for a sterilised dog. Hence like to ask, to sterilised a small dog is a safe procedure? any effect on the dog after the opp? thanks

llewellyn 05-02-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9983519)
thanks, gotten the chip nos. however as i google av page, it is $90 yearly for unsterilised dog and $15 for a sterilised dog. Hence like to ask, to sterilised a small dog is a safe procedure? any effect on the dog after the opp? thanks

older = higher risk.
There's alot of controversial regarding sterilization.
But any preexisting issues (skin problem, hormone eg tyroid) would likely be magnified several times after .
Weight gain is also another common problem.

dazmario 06-02-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 9983570)
older = higher risk.
There's alot of controversial regarding sterilization.
But any preexisting issues (skin problem, hormone eg tyroid) would likely be magnified several times after .
Weight gain is also another common problem.

thanks, i think i will apply for the $90 yearly first and use the 1 years to prepare for the sterilization . btw i dun have the micro chip cert, any problem when a apply to AVA?

llewellyn 06-02-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazmario (Post 9983643)
thanks, i think i will apply for the $90 yearly first and use the 1 years to prepare for the sterilization . btw i dun have the micro chip cert, any problem when a apply to AVA?

Shouldn't be a problem (I think).
Dob just key in a rough estimate.

shalabin 11-02-2017 11:15 PM

I'm using revolution for my dog too...but i seems to recall that Revolution kills fleas and ticks only after they have bitten your dog thus it doesn't repel or prevent them from bitting or clinging onto your dog.

There is another type of spray that helps to prevent fleas and ticks.

Just my 2 cents.

satan_gal 13-02-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shalabin (Post 9984028)
I'm using revolution for my dog too...but i seems to recall that Revolution kills fleas and ticks only after they have bitten your dog thus it doesn't repel or prevent them from bitting or clinging onto your dog.

There is another type of spray that helps to prevent fleas and ticks.

Just my 2 cents.

all those spot on, chews is confirm going into pet bloodstream to kill only after being bitten.

Sprays wise.. the most common one should be those citronella sprays.
Citronella, Lavender, Neem are some of the more commonly used ones.

Prevention stuff are useless when u are fighting those buggers who have entered your place... trust me :o:o

D24 23-02-2017 09:20 AM

Not sure about other products... but K9 Advantix II does repels fleas, flies, lice, ticks & mosquitoes.

D24 :)

dazmario 26-04-2017 02:43 PM

hi, my maltness is 4 year old, it do pee at one spot in my house, other than that, it still pee and shit at the pee tray.
went for a check up with blood test done last sat. everything ok. doc recommend for Castration for better health. hence like to ask, it is good for male dog to Castration? google liao, each give different advise.

Thanks

llewellyn 26-04-2017 04:09 PM

Hmm....
There's no existing health problem right?
There are two school of thoughts.

It's like cutting away the breast to prevent breast cancer....