Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Singapore Politics (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Afraid to vote for opposition? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459158)

jasmine 10-04-2011 03:12 PM

Afraid to vote for opposition?

IF you are those who wanted to vote for opposition and afraid that PAP might check on you, listen up. VOID your vote instead of throwing your vote to PAP in fear. If you really enjoy the rule of PAP, by all means, vote for them but don't do it because of fear. Let's us, those who dare, vote for opposition.

We are people who really want changes in Singapore. For ourselves, for our children, for our future. Pass this message around if you can.

jedi 10-04-2011 03:19 PM

I am asking out of curiosity.
I happen to live in an opposition ward for the last 8 years.
Is there anything fearful of voting for the opposition?

ment0s 10-04-2011 03:20 PM

this is my first time voting, 1 thing i dont understand. what can they do to us? :o my mum said she cant vote for opposition becos she works with the ministry :confused:

yeobt 10-04-2011 03:20 PM

yes, a golden message.

a fren of mine working in HDB says, she has to vote for her boss. :mad:

greentan 10-04-2011 03:25 PM

I believe voting is secret based on my experiences of casting votes in several elections, even though they have call your IC.

yeobt 10-04-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ment0s (Post 8377284)
this is my first time voting, 1 thing i dont understand. what can they do to us? :o my mum said she cant vote for opposition becos she works with the ministry :confused:

is all about the serial number on each voting card. is a phyco effect to make
voters believe that it can be traced. the concern had been raised by the
opposition many years ago. our govt still doesnt want to remove the
serial number. it actually to trace the attendance of voters and to trace
if anyone spew FCUK words on the voting card.

IMHO, they wouldn't check becos all the cards are supposed to be sealed and
be placed in high court for 1 year before it can be disposed. even if they
do check, they would probably check those top 10 richest man lah. :o

jasmine 10-04-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi (Post 8377280)
I am asking out of curiosity.
I happen to live in an opposition ward for the last 8 years.
Is there anything fearful of voting for the opposition?

If you had really understand what I'm trying to say, there is nothing to be afraid of. I have spoken to some people, they vote to PAP in fear. Rather than voting to PAP in fear, why not just void your vote. At least people like me who dares to vote for opposition can do it.

jasmine 10-04-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ment0s (Post 8377284)

Void her vote then. Don't have to vote to PAP if she doesn't want to. They can't fault her anyway. They can't check but if she is afraid , just void her vote.

tanmikel 10-04-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greentan (Post 8377293)
I believe voting is secret based on my experiences of casting votes in several elections, even though they have call your IC.

I also dun understand . Dun see anything serial number or any indicative markings on the voting slip . I even brought a UV light like those for notes checking but dun see anything indicative . maybe using some secret technology .

Mark Tan 10-04-2011 03:47 PM

This is disturbing, is your friend's boss in HDB belongs to certain political party.
Did he/her tells your friends to do that or threaten your friend to do that?
Can this be consider as threatening or violating of citizen right?
I thought HDB is belong to the country and not any political party.
And it is funded by the country tax payer money.
Best regards