Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small Animals and Birds (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Putting down to sleep (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537831)

BlueC 18-11-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 9976423)
Ever thought of seeing another vet?
Pet can undergo chemo too but subject to its current condition.
The aim is not to cure the cancer but to manage their pain and suffering until they pass on...

My Vet only recommends Herbal Medicine.
Coz normal medicine too strong....it will eventually destory their weak kidney.

I bought online C-care at US....Send via FEdx.

BlueC 18-11-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globalcookie (Post 9976425)
It's painful watching them suffer indeed. Just a little thought... would you think your kitty wants to be put down? I don't know about how they would think, but just wonder, if they rather suffer but be with the family till her last, or rather be put down due to the sufferings it is going through.

Animals can't communicate w humans on their wishes.... so it's just a guess game.

yeah...wish i can communicate with her.
One thing never change...she still enjoy going out.

ThomasLim 18-11-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueC (Post 9976435)
yeah...wish i can communicate with her.

If that is the case, I will not suggest u to put her to sleep... she still enjoying, why let her sleep... :o

globalcookie 19-11-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueC (Post 9976435)

if she can tell you her decision she probably still wants to live tho suffering. Maybe u wanna give her time till u feels her suffering is too much.

coryfav 19-11-2016 08:37 AM

For the sake of your wife, you've to give her time to accept/agree that the cat is suffering and that there may be a better way to let her go (or stay). Get your wife involved, that's to give both of them more time, or both of you may regret in your different ways later.

BlueC 19-11-2016 11:16 AM

About 2 yrs ago, I got another male cat popeye past away due to kidney failure.
I was with him from young strong 4kg male cat to a very sick of less than 1.5kg during its last days....
Forced feeding and helping him to urine for few weeks.
My wife witness the last moment of popeye. She told me during his last few breath, he managed to lift one of his paw to my wife hand to let her hold.
Struggle for few moment and gone.
It is so heart breaking during that period.

Baby case seem so familiar now. It look like it will be a repeat soon.
Maybe i am selfish now. Try to end her life so that i will suffer less.:confused:

streetsmart73 19-11-2016 02:52 PM

Bro, you are not alone.

We are always in the dilemma when we witness first hand our pets going downhill.

Chin up Bro. Whatever your decision would be it would be best for the ailing kitty.

SabaDen92 19-11-2016 09:51 PM

Bro BlueC, sad to hear that ... seems like yesterday we were talking about cats, remember? If she still can move about, leave her be ... pray and really hope she gets well soon ...

joonpeng_lee 20-11-2016 12:07 AM

Bro BlueC, I am kinda going through this now as well..
my boy had been with me for 9 years... but health is going down since last year...
for the last 2 week, his hind legs are unable to work.. pass motion and pee is a problem for all.. :(
as I told my wife.. he cant tell me what he wants.. and I do not have the heart to make the decision for him as well..:(

Aro77 20-11-2016 01:51 AM

i feel you bro

our dog which was with our family since i was a small boy ( she was 14 years old when she passed away ) also came down with cancer and had a huge 1.5kg lump on her shoulder and she went for opp and managed to remove it , after the opp she came home and was very weak and could not go toilet properly also. i had to syringe feed her everyday along with her medicines. we would give her anything that she wanted to eat and boy she loved home food , as it was her ending days already we just gave her anything she wanted.. i believe new lumps were coming and doctors could not do much as her kidneys were failing also , so meds was not an option any more. few weeks later there was prayers at my place and she passed away peacefully without pain during the prayers. was a very sad occasion :( we are lucky that she passed away peacefully. RIP my old friend.