Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arowana Discussion (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Grooming XB Arowana (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539166)

NTH 22-03-2018 02:21 PM

Grooming XB Arowana

Hi guys,

I have been doing some research online in regards to grooming a XB to the best of it's potential.

However it is so hard to find the right information.

So far this is what I found.

Young XB needs white background and don't overfeed with about 8-10hrs of light a day.

When a bit mature can change to blue background.

Please confirm and share your knowledge.

NTH 27-03-2018 03:26 PM

I guess no one wants to share the secrets.

yoAro 27-03-2018 07:27 PM

I don't think there is any grooming require.
It's highly depending on the bloodline.
My XB was kept in blue tank all the while, never in white tank before, 6th level still crossed.
But nowadays market is flooded with so many HB, cheap XB, WTT XB, not easy to judge the juvenile fish that was just out from White tank.
If u are serious into XB, look for reputable farm such as Gan Aquarium, price would be higher than most LFS, but quality is there.
If u want to try a cheaper fish and test your grooming skill, then good luck for your XB hunting, maybe you are lucky to find a gem.
Missed out a point, water quality is important also, stick to a strict wc regime.

Aro77 27-03-2018 09:13 PM

maybe more than 10 years ago when used to keep XB, had mostly kept in black tank, the colour also quite nice with the 6th level crossing as well, but i guess was lucky to have gotten a good fish, if not if u want to WTT, then just a standard White tank along with a good light should do the trick, i personally do not practice tanning for more than 6 - 8 hours a day, some people tann 24 hrs etc which i feel is sad for the fish, but i guess they adapt to it eventually. Anyways good luck and please update your journey :)

NTH 28-03-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoAro (Post 10010063)
I don't think there is any grooming require.
It's highly depending on the bloodline.
My XB was kept in blue tank all the while, never in white tank before, 6th level still crossed.
But nowadays market is flooded with so many HB, cheap XB, WTT XB, not easy to judge the juvenile fish that was just out from White tank.
If u are serious into XB, look for reputable farm such as Gan Aquarium, price would be higher than most LFS, but quality is there.
If u want to try a cheaper fish and test your grooming skill, then good luck for your XB hunting, maybe you are lucky to find a gem.
Missed out a point, water quality is important also, stick to a strict wc regime.

Thanks very much.

Is Sing Arowana good?

NTH 28-03-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 10010065)
maybe more than 10 years ago when used to keep XB, had mostly kept in black tank, the colour also quite nice with the 6th level crossing as well, but i guess was lucky to have gotten a good fish, if not if u want to WTT, then just a standard White tank along with a good light should do the trick, i personally do not practice tanning for more than 6 - 8 hours a day, some people tann 24 hrs etc which i feel is sad for the fish, but i guess they adapt to it eventually. Anyways good luck and please update your journey :)

Thank you.

I don't think I will be tanning the Arowana. I was told only Red require.

So far the arowana is kept in 8x2x2. WC 30% a week. FGT with some gars and bichirs. Feeding twice a day on pellets and prawns. About 10-12inches. Lights on 10hrs a day.

yoAro 28-03-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTH (Post 10010070)
Thanks very much.

Is Sing Arowana good?

Hi bro, I don't have any experience with Sing aro, hence can't comment. But would love to see your XB's development along the way.

Aro77 28-03-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTH (Post 10010071)
Thank you.

So far the arowana is kept in 8x2x2. WC 30% a week. FGT with some gars and bichirs. Feeding twice a day on pellets and prawns. About 10-12inches. Lights on 10hrs a day.

That is a good Sized tank for a XB, looking forward to your pics :)

streetsmart73 29-03-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTH (Post 10010071)
Thank you.

Bro, that is one big tank for your xb. Kudos.

Honest, there is no one standard grooming sop.

My xb, "bullet head", its name, is 4.5 yrs old.
Bagged home since it was just weeks old at 3.5".

Kept in a 422 just with a black base. Currently, bullet head is already 23" crossing at level 6.

Diet: strictly pork fillet, daily wc at 70%:p

NTH 01-04-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetsmart73 (Post 10010093)
Bro, that is one big tank for your xb. Kudos.

Honest, there is no one standard grooming sop.

My xb, "bullet head", its name, is 4.5 yrs old.
Bagged home since it was just weeks old at 3.5".

Kept in a 422 just with a black base. Currently, bullet head is already 23" crossing at level 6.

Diet: strictly pork fillet, daily wc at 70%:p

Pork???????????

Why pork ahaha?