Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

lenghan 27-07-2020 01:40 AM

What on earth is JL is doing on the pitch. Should be Ighalo
Ole oh Ole what are you doing. Hope you prove us all wrong

Liang_Zai 27-07-2020 01:41 AM

How many times have pogba tried to dribble off the players and end up lose possession and put us in danger?:mad:

yifen 27-07-2020 01:43 AM

Pogba is terrible. He is a liability.

yifen 27-07-2020 01:47 AM

having said that, Ole still keep him and take out fernandes instead.

Liang_Zai 27-07-2020 01:57 AM

Messi lingard score his final goal for us before his next journey next season :o

lenghan 27-07-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liang_Zai (Post 10026739)
Messi lingard score his final goal for us before his next journey next season :o

Haha greatest irony in football
No even an attempt throughout the 2nd half except for the penalty and a goal on a silver platter for Lingard
Altho job done but honestly far far from impressive

BBP604 27-07-2020 02:06 AM

Give some credit to him for putting up some pressure at the front.
We are through to CL next season.
Good job !

Liang_Zai 27-07-2020 02:07 AM

Shitty football from us though we finish 3rd place. William too overrated and I think Fernandes maybe fatigue liao out of form though

Shadow7 27-07-2020 02:41 AM

With CL secured I hope they will soon announce some good signings. A right winger, a striker and a central defender is needed to boost the squad. And if we have more can add a left back and a central midfielder ala Maddison rather then that villa captain grealish, then we can challenge the top teams for the top honors

KeeHuat 27-07-2020 03:51 AM

3rd place and qualification for the Champions League next season is quite an achievement for OGS which took off during the restart.

It was never going to be an entertaining match because of the impact of qualifying for the Champions League for both teams. The match was tense because of the impact and it helped that Leicester played so defensively in the first half trying to rely on breakaways. It became more open in the second half as Leicester had to go for it as Chelsea were 2-0 up at half time.

Rashford appeared to have no energy left in this match. And Lingard even scored.

Next up is the Europa League and we should play the non-first team players in the second leg against LASK as we are 5-0 up from the first leg to give the first eleven a rest. This should be the target to win the Europa League next.

Then we should see we sign starting soon as the transfer window opens.

KeeHuat 27-07-2020 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10026735)
What on earth is JL is doing on the pitch. Should be Ighalo
Ole oh Ole what are you doing. Hope you prove us all wrong

OGS proved you wrong as Lingard scored the second goal to ensure the win.

moscowblue 27-07-2020 08:24 AM

Another tepid performance, however we secured the 3 points to ensure we are in 3rd position.

Now the Europa league can play the reserves as we do not need it to qualify for CL

Shadow7 27-07-2020 12:08 PM

Yes I agreed that the 1st 11 need a rest and not take part in the rubber set against LASK on 5/7. They should at least get a full week’s rest. Let the reserves go out at OT and prove they belong. Then baring a spectacular result we should gather and go to Germany refreshed for the EL on the 10th and aim to win the cup and come back with it.

KeeHuat 27-07-2020 12:54 PM

Shaw is out "However, Shaw’s injury is far worse than first feared and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed before the game against the Foxes that Shaw will not return until next season."

lenghan 27-07-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10026748)
Shaw is out "However, Shaw’s injury is far worse than first feared and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed before the game against the Foxes that Shaw will not return until next season."

It is most unfortunate that every time his form starts to improve, he gets injured. And it is no coincident that when he was out injured Rashford's form also dipped as MR needed Shaw as his most preferred support

Shadow7 27-07-2020 02:39 PM

That’s why we need a more reliable left back to cover for injury prone Shaw

canopy 27-07-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026746)
Another tepid performance, however we secured the 3 points to ensure we are in 3rd position.

Now the Europa league can play the reserves as we do not need it to qualify for CL

I thot europa winner will be pot 1? This can avoid many strong teams in the group and probably group of death. Given the current standing we might be in pot 3.

KeeHuat 28-07-2020 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canopy (Post 10026751)
I thot europa winner will be pot 1? This can avoid many strong teams in the group and probably group of death. Given the current standing we might be in pot 3.

Yes, teams in Pot 1 for Champions League 2020-2021 are: Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg + this year's Champions League winner + this year's Europa League winner.

If we win the Europa League in August we will be in Pot 1 for next season. If not, we are likely in Pot 2 together with City, Chelsea, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Dortmund and Shakhtar Donetsk. But things could change based on the outcome of this year's Champions League and Europa League in August.

moscowblue 28-07-2020 03:33 PM

whichever pot, we still need to play well and try to secure wins.

in a group of death also not bad, as it harness the team's resilience.

Shadow7 28-07-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 10026752)
Yes, teams in Pot 1 for Champions League 2020-2021 are: Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg + this year's Champions League winner + this year's Europa League winner.

If we win the Europa League in August we will be in Pot 1 for next season. If not, we are likely in Pot 2 together with City, Chelsea, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Dortmund and Shakhtar Donetsk. But things could change based on the outcome of this year's Champions League and Europa League in August.

Looking at the teams from pot 1 and 2 doesn’t look much difference and that’s the beauty of the CL...with so much quality teams vying for the big ear cup :)
How I miss the CL and the CL anthem :o

KeeHuat 28-07-2020 06:40 PM

The area for improvement for Martial, Rashford and Greenwood is their heading so they can score more headed goals.

ThErMuS 29-07-2020 02:43 PM

i didnt know this forum is still active... :eek::eek:

moscowblue 04-08-2020 08:41 AM

Who you wished to see coming in next season?

For me, in this order of purchase :p

1) Koulibaly
2) Sancho
3) Grealish
4) Raul

lenghan 04-08-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026767)
Who you wished to see coming in next season?

For me, in this order of purchase :p

1) Koulibaly - Many other clubs had expressed interest. Liverpool, PSG, RM, Juventus and Barcelona. Without a DOF, our chances are slim
2) Sancho - Seems we are at an advance stage of nego
3) Grealish - Arsenal had expressed interest, but I believe Aston Villa asking price may price us out
4) Raul - It is likely Juventus would be his main interest

The most realistic would probably be Sanco

moscowblue 04-08-2020 05:22 PM

Actually I also like Torres from Valencia, exciting winger.

lenghan 04-08-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026769)

Not just Torres. Even with the proposed signing of Ake, Man CIty still pursuing another CB and Koulibaly still in their radar

KeeHuat 05-08-2020 12:18 AM

WILLIAMS SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH REDS

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Brandon Williams has signed a new contract, which will keep him at the club until June 2024, with the option to extend for a further year.

Williams, who joined United at the age of seven, is one of 12 Academy graduates who have featured for the club in the Premier League this season. The England Under-20 international has made 33 appearances for the first team.

Brandon Williams said: “Signing this contract is another really proud moment for myself and my family. Having been at Manchester United since I was seven years old, it’s genuinely a dream come true to be playing in the first team. It has taken a huge amount of hard work to reach this point and it has been really special for me to break through into the squad.

“I’ve learned a lot throughout the season from the manager, his coaching staff and my team-mates and I want to repay the trust that they have all shown in me. I know that everyone at the club is working really hard every day to achieve success in the coming years and I am really excited to be a part of that.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Brandon has had an excellent first season, so we are delighted that he has signed a new contract. This new deal is a real testament to his hard work and the progress that he has made since his debut. Brandon never looked back after stepping up from the Academy and, having come all the way through the system, he understands what it means to play for Manchester United.

“He has all of the attributes required to be a member of this exciting young squad. He will continue to learn every day in training and we look forward to watching him develop over the coming seasons.”

lenghan 05-08-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026769)

He is now confirmed to sign with Man City for 23million. And that is the difference between us and most other clubs. We simply love to bargain and bargain and finally accepting the original price!!!

moscowblue 05-08-2020 09:23 AM

23 mil is dirt cheap.
Why we missed out on such deals?

lenghan 05-08-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026773)
23 mil is dirt cheap.
Why we missed out on such deals?

Our recruitment is probably one of the worst in terms of getting players wherein Ed loves to bargain. Torres being Spanish and Pep being Spanish could have helped?

moscowblue 05-08-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10026774)
Our recruitment is probably one of the worst in terms of getting players wherein Ed loves to bargain. Torres being Spanish and Pep being Spanish could have helped?

But 23mil for such a player is still a steal, nothing to do with whether Spanish or not. City always get players quite cheaply.

jwhtan 05-08-2020 03:37 PM

Ferran Torres is in the last year of his contract.
On paper, he is not as exciting as Jadon Sancho.
Maybe, Sancho is hyped up by the media as he is English
but the price is reflected on the " statistics "

Jadon Sancho is over priced but it is Manchester United.
So inevitably, there will be a premium.
Also, City is taking 15% cut of the transfer fee

KeeHuat 06-08-2020 03:01 AM

Man Utd: Romero; Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Maguire, Williams; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Lingard, James; Ighalo

Substitutes: Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Grant, Pereira, Bruno Fernandes, Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Matic, Garner, Chong, Mengi

lenghan 06-08-2020 04:20 AM

As usual, for first 15mins. dominate possession but no creativity going forward.
Passing going astray mostly

loveikan 06-08-2020 04:35 AM

Quite understandable as not the 1st team playing
Maguire heading is off the mark, quite surprised.

Btw Dalot really no chance under OGS now.

lenghan 06-08-2020 04:50 AM

Very uneventful first half. Our "second" team really not up to the mark and lucky to be 0-0 at HT

lenghan 06-08-2020 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10026775)
But 23mil for such a player is still a steal, nothing to do with whether Spanish or not. City always get players quite cheaply.

Man City has now added second signing of Ake for 41million

lenghan 06-08-2020 05:54 AM

AM "rescued" our pride by scoring the winning goal 2-1 final score

KeeHuat 06-08-2020 06:12 AM

Poor first half and improved second half. Lingard scored again. Martial was wearing new black boots and scored the winner. Mengi made his debut and had 10 mins. of play.

KeeHuat 06-08-2020 06:28 AM

Finally Sanchez joins Inter on a free transfer and signs a three-year contract to end his £560,000-a-week deal two years early. Wish him all the best as it didn't work out for him at United. Plus we paid him too much. Wrong strategy previously to sign all the stars who didn't perform for United.